[AGM/Written] Deck Constrictor: Milling Reptiles! (9/9)

Dova

Reptiles based off snakes that Lol love milling. With effects that mill the opp whenever they do something (like special summon, attack, activate effects, etc) and turn-lasting power boosts that come with them, these things can pack quite a punch to combo heavy decks. The spells and traps help with field presence, both establishing and holding. Their stats are average at firsr but can reach monstrous levels with the boosts, and if you really want to win via mill, their boss can make the others forgoe their boosts for additional milling. 

[spoiler=Monsters: (6)]Deck Constrictor Hydra Overlord

LIGHT | ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪ | Reptile/Effect | 1000/0

Your opponent must send the top card of their Deck to the GY to activate a Spell/Trap Card. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 “Deck Constrictor” monster you control whose ATK/DEF is different to its original ATK/DEF; its ATK/DEF becomes its original ATK/DEF until the end of this turn and send cards equal to its Level from the top of your opponent’s Deck to the GY. You can discard this card and 1 Reptile monster from your hand; Special Summon 1 Reptile monster from your Deck whose Level is less than or equal to the other discarded monster’s. You can only use this effect of “Deck Constrictor Hydra Overlord” once per turn.

Deck Constrictor Nest Guardian

DARK | ✪✪✪✪✪ | Reptile/Effect | 1800/700

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by a card effect. If exactly 1 card is sent from your opponent's Deck to the GY while this card is in your hand (except during the Damage Step), and 5 or more have been sent this turn: You can Special Summon this card. If a Reptile monster(s) you control is targeted by an opponent’s card effect: You can Tribute this face-up card; negate that effect. If this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can target 1 face-up “Deck Constrictor” monster you control; it gains 500 ATK until the end of the next turn.

Deck Constrictor Boa

EARTH | ✪✪✪ | Reptile/Effect | 800/700

If you Special Summon a “Deck Constrictor” monster(s), or your opponent Special Summons a monster(s): You can send the top card of your opponent’s Deck to the GY. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 “Deck Constrictor” monster you control, except “Deck Constrictor Boa”; it gains 800 ATK/DEF until the end of the next turn.

Deck Constrictor Python

EARTH | ✪✪✪✪ | Reptile/Effect | 0/2200

If a monster declares an attack: Send the top card of your opponent’s Deck to the GY. If this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: You can Special Summon 1 “Deck Constrictor” monster from your Deck, then send 1 card from your opponent’s Deck to the GY. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can discard 1 card; all “Deck Constrictor” monsters you currently control gain 500 ATK until the end of the next turn.

Deck Constrictor Anaconda

WIND | ✪✪✪✪ | Reptile/Effect | 1300/1600

If an opponent’s monster activates their effect: You can send the top card of your opponent’s Deck to the GY. If exactly 1 card is sent from your opponent’s Deck to the GY; Reptile monsters you control gain 100 ATK until the end of the next turn.

Deck Constrictor Hatchling

EARTH | ✪ | Reptile/Effect | 200/700

You can discard this card: add 1 “Constrictor Den” from your Deck to your hand. If exactly 1 card is sent from your opponent's Deck to the GY while this card is in the GY (except during the Damage Step), and 5 or more have been sent this turn while this card was in your GY: You can Special Summon this card. If this card is Special Summoned: All “Deck Constrictor” monsters you control gain 300 ATK until the end of the next turn.

[spoiler=Spells/Traps: (3)]Constrictor Den

Field Spell

Cards sent from your opponent’s Deck to the GY cannot activate their effects the turn they were sent to the GY. Once per turn, if a Reptile monster(s) you control would be destroyed by an opponent’s card (by battle or card effect), they are not destroyed, also they gain 300 ATK (even if this card leaves the field). Once per turn, during the End Phase: You can Special Summon 1 “Deck Constrictor” monster from your Deck with a Level less than or equal to the number of cards sent from your opponent’s Deck to the GY this turn.

Beyond Strangulation

Normal Trap

If a card(s) is sent from your opponent’s Deck to the GY: You can banish that card(s), and if you do, Special Summon 1 “Deck Constrictor” monster from your hand or GY. You can only activate 1 "Beyond Strangulation" per turn. If you control 2 or more Reptile monsters, you can activate this card from your hand.

Molting Reinforcement

Continuous Trap

Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 “Deck Constrictor” monster; Special Summon 1 Reptile monster from your Deck 1 Level higher than that monster, and if you do, equip the Tributed monster to the Summoned monster as an Equip Card with these effects:

● A monster equipped with this card cannot be targeted or destroyed by cards or effects. During the End Phase, send this card to the GY

Wanted this to be a small set as I worked on other archetypes, but it started to get a bit out hand, so now I'm posting it.

Pretty much exactly what it says on the tin, plus a bit of Reptile and basic mill support. No particular amazing combos, but there were a lot more quick effects than I was intending, as the prompt didn't make it sound like a one-hit wonder, especially with it milling when your opponent did stuff. This also caused me to stretch the "turn-lasting power boosts" to extend to your opponent's next turn, so that I didn't have to go crazy with the protection, although we still have a variant of Molting Escape on the field spell and a little expansion on the trap.

As always, CnC would be much appreciated!

Quick note: Nest Guardian and Hatchling don't specify where they self-Summon from. I'm assuming it's from the hand, but you could have intended hand or Graveyard for one or both.

I love that Hydra Overlord is a Hydra's Egg target (lore?), especially because Beyond Strangulation's handtrap status is so easy to trigger when playing Sorcery Hydras due to their archetypal gimmick, meaning that there's actually really solid synergy among AGM Reptile-Type Decks. Trying to figure out why it's Level 9, though. On a separate but similar note, if you wanna play Fungal Serpent Deck Constrictors, Anaconda misses being searchable by Damp Den by 100 ATK or DEF (2900 combined stats), or an EARTH Attribute, and that's unbelievably unsatisfying.

Beyond that, the Deck works as intended. A bit awkward and possessing of some unfortunately low stats, but their mill goal is achieved surprisingly well. Good job.

Quick note: Nest Guardian and Hatchling don't specify where they self-Summon from. I'm assuming it's from the hand, but you could have intended hand or Graveyard for one or both.

I love that Hydra Overlord is a Hydra's Egg target (lore?), especially because Beyond Strangulation's handtrap status is so easy to trigger when playing Sorcery Hydras due to their archetypal gimmick, meaning that there's actually really solid synergy among AGM Reptile-Type Decks. Trying to figure out why it's Level 9, though. On a separate but similar note, if you wanna play Fungal Serpent Deck Constrictors, Anaconda misses being searchable by Damp Den by 100 ATK or DEF (2900 combined stats), or an EARTH Attribute, and that's unbelievably unsatisfying.

Beyond that, the Deck works as intended. A bit awkward and possessing of some unfortunately low stats, but their mill goal is achieved surprisingly well. Good job.

Nest Guardian and Hatchling actually do have their Summoning location from, BUT it's only in the condition. This means that even if they move location (except back to the Deck) their effect still resolves. So yeah, Hatchling Special Summons from the GY and Nest Guardian Special Summons from the hand. It is a bit hard to read though, as I didn't notice it to on my second read through even though I knew I did it :P

Anaconda modified to have more synergistic stats, and dropped Overlord down to Level 8, as he was intended to be. Those stars aren't easy to count.

Thanks for your comments!

Archived