YCM Grand Pokémon Tournament 9

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Well, YCM's community has shrunk since the first iteration of the GPT (and not everyone here likes Pokemon), so...yeah.

If you want Lilligant in, then the tournament's set.

====

I'll post the first matches sometime Thursday evening (my time). Not doing so right now because again, coursework (especially because 355 midterm in morning and I have stuff to deal with). Also to figure out how the formatting will go as I'd like to complete this tournament much quicker than last time.

====

@: We already got the 128 nominations needed, but if other members would like the cap to be pushed up slightly, I can do so.

(If not 160, then 144 should be okay. With yours, that would reach 135 [Mega Ray is being treated as standard form, as will all Pokemon with Megas])

Half will be 4P and other half is 5P.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's a good idea if it'll allow nominations from more people and also doesn't get too big. Theoretically, we'd only need two more people to reach 160, but realistically, seeing as Melkor (and others) didn't use up all of theirs, we'd probably need more.

Also, if Mega Rayquaza is being treated as standard form (which I knew was the case), that wouldn't reach 135 because I've already nominated Rayquaza.

Yeah, I miscounted so only 134 right now if I let Winter's nominations in and exclude Mega Ray as an individual nomination. For those who didn't use up all of their slots, you can nominate more.

Any leftover slots may be given to the RNG, or just roll with an uneven number and figure out stuff via system of equations.

====

Ideally, 160 because it divides cleanly by 32, but if 144 is what we end up with, then just half of the matches will be modified.

Yeah, I miscounted so only 134 right now if I let Winter's nominations in and exclude Mega Ray as an individual nomination. For those who didn't use up all of their slots, you can nominate more.

Any leftover slots may be given to the RNG, or just roll with an uneven number and figure out stuff via system of equations.

====

Ideally, 160 because it divides cleanly by 32, but if 144 is what we end up with, then just half of the matches will be modified.

So is Mega ray allowed?

I'd like to do deoxys then

I already nominated Reshiram when I made the thread; Zekrom should be fine unless someone else got it.

Marshadow

Arceus

Mew

Mewtwo

Groudon [Primals fall into same category as Megas; will be treated as the standard 'mon. I need to check if someone else nominated plain Groudon.]

Yveltal

Zekrom

Deoxys

(This is 8 right now, so 4 more left. If you fill the remainder up, that's 140.)

That's the bridesmaid out then  Kappa  .

But since it got revealed yesterday (well, only that it exists and stuff), cannot. 

Yeah, it wouldn't be fair to allow something that none of us have experience with yet into the tourney. (not to mention we won't have the full picture of it when LG is released anyway since we won't know what its ability will be for a couple of years)

I added it, though was not done yesterday because of upper division work I needed to take care of.

I already said this many times by now; it's exam season and my courses are priority over site matters (including this). So if I don't post the matches immediately or whatnot, yeah.

====

Still at 140 right now; might RNG the last 4 so we can start.

Alright, I randomized two 'mons that the RNG will consider as its own. (Basically, choose number between 1 and 807.)

#370 - Luvdisc

#770 - Palossand

With those two, that makes 144. (Oh right, and Cow, you already nominated Magearna so...Araquanid took its slot.)

[spoiler=Initial pool (144, alphabetized)]

Alolan Marowak
Alolan Ninetales
Altaria
Amaura
Ampharos
Aranquanid
Araquanid
Arcanine
Arceus
Articuno
Avalugg
Banette
Beautifly
Beedrill
Bellsprout
Bewear
Bisharp
Blaziken
Cacturne
Cosmog
Crawdaunt
Cresselia
Crobat
Darkrai
Deoxys
Dialga
Diancie
Ditto
Dodrio
Dragalge
Dragonite
Dunsparce
Dusclops
Duskull
Electivire
Empoleon
Entei
Espeon
Espurr
Excadrill
Feraligatr
Flygon
Furret
Gallade
Gardevoir
Gastrodon
Giratina
Glaceon
Golem
Golisopod
Goomy
Gothitelle
Grotle
Groudon
Grovyle
Haxorus
Heatran
Hoppip
Jolteon
Keldeo
Kirlia
Kyogre
Kyurem
Lanturn
Latias
Latios
Lilligant
Linoone
Lucario
Lugia
Lunatone
Luvdisc
Luxray
Lycanroc-Dusk
Magcargo
Magearna
Magmar
Magmortar
Maractus
Marshadow
Masquerain
Mawile
Meloetta
Meowstic
Metagross
Mew
Mewtwo
Mimikyu
Minior
Moltres
Mudkip
Mudsdale
Oricorio
Oshawott
Palossand
Pangoro
Pheromosa
Pikachu
Piplup
Poliwrath
Porygon-Z
Quilava
Raikou
Rayquaza
Regirock
Reshiram
Rhydon
Ribombee
Roserade
Rotom
Sawsbuck
Scolipede
Shaymin-Sky
Skitty
Slowbro
Spheal
Suicune
Surskit
Swampert
Sylveon
Tangrowth
Tapu Lele
Torterra
Toucannon
Toxapex
Toxicroak
Trevenant
Ultra Necrozma
Umbreon
Venusaur
Vibrava
Victini
Vivillon
Volcarona
Whimsicott
Wooper
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zangoose
Zapdos
Zekrom
Zeraora
Zigzagoon
Zoroark

Round 1 matches will be posted probably tomorrow evening at earliest. 

(Like I said though, if I do not post the matches immediately, it's usually due to coursework [and this week happens to contain 3 exams spaced over the week, plus lab report due at end of week]. I will try my best to get matches posted in a timely manner, but stuff happens.)

I'll announce when the batches are up so you know it's time to vote. (Or look at the sidebar; whatever works for you.)

Alright, I've posted the first third of Round 1 up (so you have 11 matches to vote in).

Usual rules apply; write a proper vote post if you intend on making one or don't post at all. Behave yourselves in the threads or else you will be penalized.

Granted, we did set the limiter at 10 threads at a time, whereas I have 11 here. This is the same formula I've used for a while to try getting things done; going by 8's will take over a week depending on how stuff goes IRL.

====

And just so I don't have to reiterate this AGAIN, if I do not post the next batches immediately after the previous ones, it is usually due to having off-site obligations like my upper division (300-400 level) CEE work and life to contend with.

While I will make every attempt to post matches quickly, realize that I have a life offsite and things will come up that I cannot anticipate (including potential backlog of coursework if team members don't pick up the slack, internet is down because of various reasons, acts of nature such as hurricanes [especially because Pacific is prone to it more often], personal health / well-being, etc).

Had to look up this drama about Dragalge in the Pokemon XY thread that was mentioned in the match xD

I don't understand why Pheromosa got the least votes in the match. She is gorgeous and strong. What's not to love?

@@Flash Flyer - Sakura

A suggestion here: Have you considered starting the loser matches at a later stage of the tournament, perhaps after at the second half? that way it would take less time to be done with the entire tournment.

Had to look up this drama about Dragalge in the Pokemon XY thread that was mentioned in the match xD

I don't understand why Pheromosa got the least votes in the match. She is gorgeous and strong. What's not to love?

@@Flash Flyer - Sakura

A suggestion here: Have you considered starting the loser matches at a later stage of the tournament, perhaps after at the second half? that way it would take less time to be done with the entire tournament.

1. Probably design or people prefer the more gimmicky stuff in LC / PU (if you wish to use competitive terminology) over the stuff up in OU and whatever (i.e. appearance and some things pertaining to PMD, etc). Also because Pheromosa's a cockroach and you know how people usually feel about real ones.

As for the other part regarding Dragalge, it boiled down to insensitivity about the issue and similarity to what happened with the Sewol. (Least it was shown unlike a lot of other banned episodes, but that's not a discussion for this tournament.)

2. That could probably work, though I did them right afterwards so I wouldn't forget that they existed. We'll see how it works out. 

Archived