YCM Grand Pokémon Tournament 9

Flash Flyer - Sakura

My preferences are mixed; a lot of the stuff I like tends to be in the upper tiers because of viability, but design helps to an extent.

/shrug

Anyway, I posted the 2nd batch of round 1 so go vote.

===

Oh right, and elaborating on why I did the L brackets right after main one.

Mostly it's so they're still generally fresh in mind as opposed to do them at the end. Also because the L bracket also gets the losers from the later rounds in regulation, it does make it easier to coordinate everything.

Again, let's see how things work out.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@@Flash Flyer - Sakura

Seems I didn't explain myself correctly. I didn't mean simply starting later with all the losing participants, but more like, only clash the losing Pokemon that make it into the later rounds, let's say Round 5 as example. With this, I mean that any Pokemon eliminated in earlier rounds are gone of the tournament for good. That ought to simplify the entire tournament considerably.

I did it the way it was last tournament mostly to give everything one last shot (because RNG might've screwed them over, which it has a bad habit of doing). Originally, it was going to be the way you suggested, but changes.

But then again, that was with a 256 roster; this one is 144 so should go a bit faster. Another factor was/is again my offsite life pertaining to academics and I really need to stress that.

====

As a sidenote, you really don't have to use the mention function to tell me stuff. I'm following this thread so posting / quoting would get my attention just as well.

Araquanid and Wooper seem to be doing okay for now, but stuff can change within next 32 hours or so.

I gotta look at the third batch to see how much any of us are screwed (i.e. RNG "conveniently" put multiple noms into one match). How it fares for you, idk because I need to remember what you nominated.

Well, it would've meant Mudkip got a one-up over Kyogre, but result wouldn't have changed otherwise.

As far as this batch went, only lost Necrozma by a slim margin of 1 (and I'm still pissed at the RNG for tossing 3 in 1-18). A lot of close matches though [for everyone], so...guess that's a good thing.

Batch 3 is up, so go vote.

As for where Corsola came from in 1-27, apparently Araquanid was listed twice and it was scheduled for an appearance here. So yeah, I apologize for not catching this mistake before the round started. Consequently, I had to RNG a random 'mon and that's what came up.

====

Besides that, everything else should be fine.

The LL bracket is currently up for the 1st round. 66 participants, so 2 of the matches will have 9 'mons whereas the rest have 8 as standard.

You may vote for up to 4 'mons, but other than that, rules of engagement are the same. Top 4 will go on; rest of them go out completely.

====

Also yeah, no monsters can vote. Just need to reiterate this.

Oh noes, I overlooked Poliwrath in L1-6 and I had a vote to spare. It would have made it to next round with the +1 vote. Is it too late to change that?

By the way, I noticed in some matches the 3rd places made it, but in others they didn't, even if they also had like 4 votes. What's up with that?

Yeah, you're too late to vote now.

As for the 3rd place things, the 4 with the highest numbers go on (though if ties happen and they're still within that limit, they'll go on). Even if 3rd place, if there's a tie for 2nd or 1st (which happens on both at times), then 3rd won't go on.

Though, I suppose I can double check to be sure I did announce the winners correctly.

(Reminder, loser brackets have twice the size of the regulation, mostly so I can clean them out faster)

Yeah, you're too late to vote now.

As for the 3rd place things, the 4 with the highest numbers go on (though if ties happen and they're still within that limit, they'll go on). Even if 3rd place, if there's a tie for 2nd or 1st (which happens on both at times), then 3rd won't go on.

Come oooon, give me a chance here D:

So, that's how you it works. In that case it should be fine.

I want to give time, but then it wouldn't be fair to the other guys who voted before the deadline. Though admittedly, I was late in locking it a bit due to other things like coloring in old construction plans for class.

As for the other thing, yeah, four highest scores move on (unless there's a tie somewhere in that area, then all of them move on). Might be easier to keep it same as the regulation brackets and not double up, but mostly doing it because of time / consideration for other tournaments now that place isn't dead now.

====

Like I noted at the end of L1-8, I should have the R2 bracket up within the next couple days.

[spoiler=roster for R2]

Alolan Marowak
Alolan Ninetales
Ampharos
Araquanid
Arcanine
Banette
Bisharp
Blaziken
Cacturne
Crawdaunt
Crobat
Ditto
Dodrio
Dragonite
Dunsparce
Empoleon
Entei
Espeon
Espurr
Feraligatr
Flygon
Furret
Gallade
Gardevoir
Gastrodon
Giratina
Glaceon
Goomy
Grovyle
Jolteon
Keldeo
Kirlia
Kyogre
Latias
Lilligant
Linoone
Lucario
Lugia
Luxray
Lycanroc-Dusk
Magearna
Mawile
Meloetta
Meowstic
Metagross
Mew
Mewtwo
Mimikyu
Minior
Mudkip
Pangoro
Pikachu
Porygon-Z
Quilava
Raikou
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Rhydon
Roserade
Rotom
Sawsbuck
Shaymin-Sky
Slowbro
Suicune
Sylveon
Tapu Lele
Torterra
Umbreon
Vibrava
Victini
Volcarona
Whimsicott
Wooper
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zekrom
Zigzagoon
Zoroark

• 2 weeks later...

First half of round 2 is up, so you have the next 48 hours to cast your vote (give/take a few minutes, but as a rule of thumb, might shut them off around 8:50 pm HST on Wednesday).

If you guys want me to notify you when stuff is up, ask and I'll just mention you whenever the matches go up.

====

I apologize for the long delay, but like I've said beforehand, I do have coursework outside this site (and estimating project calculations, work for soil mechanics and structures, etc do not permit time).

• 1 month later...

Archived