Hello once again, beauties and gentlebeauties! I hope you've all been behaving like a good little fanclub since our exciting YCM Awards!
I'm afraid we've had some complications getting my long-faced co-star onto the stage in time, so in the interest of ensuring this event goes off without a hitch, I'll be taking matters into my own hands! So without further ado, let's talk about this year's event, since I'm sure you're all just as eager to get this show on the road as I am!
First and foremost is the airtime we've been given for this year's event! Our Halloween Masquerade will begin at 12:00 AM EST on October 16th, and the show will run until it's over at 23:59 PM EST on November 2nd. No commercial breaks or anything of the sort, unless we meet some crippling technical difficulties such as the studio catching fire. For those of you unfamiliar with this annual program, the Halloween Masquerade is an event in which members from across the boards are given special permission to use an alternate account, deemed a monster! One smart way to think of it would be to imagine wearing a costume and going trick-or-treating, but members that take up the guise of a monster can still use their main accounts, of course! This year, we'll be taking 20 monsters total, excluding myself and my co-star, and no more. How do we get these monsters? Why, simple! We post a sign-up thread such as this one you're reading right now!
"But Mettaton, I was so distracted by your gorgeous legs that I forgot how we sign up!"
Well yes darling, my legs are magnificent, but fear not, because I never explained that in the first place! Not yet, anyway. Signing up for a monster account is quite simple, you see! You need only post in this thread saying you wish to join, then send a message to our excellent manager - @Himiko Yumeno stating that you want to be part of this year's cast, and submit your monster idea to him! Him? Her? I'm pretty sure he's a he, but his name and look would beg to differ... it can be difficult to tell with some of the people around here. In any case, once you've submitted your monster idea, you need only wait for our lovely manager's approval, then wait for the event proper to start! However, there's a bit of a catch this year.
As you may recall, it was announced earlier this year that 2018 was to have themed events, and that this year's theme is STARS! No, not those gorgeous balls of gas in the night sky, I'm talking about entertainers! Performers! Those glorious folk who fill your days with TV, music, and all other forms of entertainment. This year, in order to be accepted, your monster must be some form of performer or entertainer! I apologize for any inconvenience this causes to your monster plans, but I didn't write the script; my job is to read it and give it a bit more oomph.
Of course, it goes without saying that there are some rules for this event. First, let's talk about the rules and other important information for any monsters that happen to join us this year. This also includes restrictions on sign-ups.
- Sharing your monster identity is FORBIDDEN! Do not tell your friends. Do not tell other members. Don't even discuss it in this very thread! This is the rule above all other rules.
- The only restriction on signing up for a monster is that you must have been active on this forum for at least a year.
- Although monsters are your alternate accounts, you are expected not to abuse this fact. This means not doing such things as sending yourself massive amounts of points through a monster account, using the monster account to give yourself an unusual amount of likes, and more. However, exceptions to this do exist, such as if you win at your own monster's game thread. At the same time, you are expected not to abuse these exceptions either. Put simply, be a good sport!
- Just a reminder, your monster must be some form of entertainer!
- You as a monster are encouraged to go wild and have as much fun as possible interacting with members! This means AMA threads, other means of interacting with members such as games, monster duels* if you so desire, and whatever else suits your fancy!
*While monster duels are permitted for this year's Masquerade, there is no official event surrounding it. You may choose to be one or not to be one entirely at your own leisure.
- Unlike other years, you may notice that your monster account will be given a whopping 300,000 points this year! These points are (mostly) not for you to spend, and are DEFINITELY not to be sent to your main account (barring cases where you win your own monster's game; see Rule 3). These points are for you to give to other members to put on as grand and entertaining of a show as possible! However, monsters may be able to purchase specialties later in the event. Keep your eyes peeled for possible updates on that front!
So what about the members playing these monsters? Surely you're all familiar with the monster hunt! As a reminder for newer audiences, the monster hunt is part of the event where members guess the true identity of the monsters. These guesses are submitted to a moderator (namely our splendid Manager Himiko), and verified as right or wrong. But keep in mind, you can only guess the identities of 5 monsters each day, so choose wisely! And while the hunt is fun, there are of course rewards! This year, the following awards will be handed out to people who guess certain amounts of monsters! Keep in mind that these awards are cumulative! Getting one tier of rewards also means getting all the awards beneath it! This year's rewards are as follows:
5 monsters: 3000 points
10 monsters: 7000 points
15 monsters: 10000 points
All 20 monsters: 20000 points, as well as 5 likes to the first person to get all the monsters guessed correctly!
That's a grand total of 40,000 points to whoever guesses all the monsters of this year's Masquerade! But wait darlings because that's not all! Unlike in previous Masquerades, monsters are also able to gain an award this year. Namely, if your monster is the one that the smallest amount of people get right, you'll be given a special member group to commemorate your elusiveness! HOWEVER! Let me make it clear that this Masquerade is for fun! Don't pick a monster purely because it's difficult to guess! Make sure that you'll enjoy playing your monster before selecting them as your choice for this year!
That's all from me for now, darlings! Remember to send a message directly to [background=transparent]@Himiko Yumeno[/background] with your monster idea once you've selected something, and post in this thread to indicate that you're trying to get into this year's Masquerade!
Edited by Tsumugi Shirogane, 15 October 2018 - 08:21 PM.
editing accepted members