Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The YCM Halloween Masquerade 2018: Hollywoo Stars and Celebrities

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

Melkor

Melkor

• Night's Watch

• 14,236 posts
    Last Visit Today, 06:18 PM
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate

bit late to be saying that now, isn't it?

it would make it harder to guess, but given how many members tend to guess on average... I don't think being harder to guess is really needed.

so while, in theory, you're right, it doesn't necessarily pan out in practice

It just seems like Cow Cow and like a few other suspects get almost everyone every year, a little complexity might make it more enjoyable. Then again with Grad school I barely have time to do this, so I suppose it's not my fight

GQB7sDc.gifH1TI5wa.pngsp8QpRU.gif

bngoeJd.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Totally not Neo

• Moderators
  • 11,691 posts
    Last Visit 20 minutes ago
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

It just seems like Cow Cow and like a few other suspects get almost everyone every year, a little complexity might make it more enjoyable. Then again with Grad school I barely have time to do this, so I suppose it's not my fight

So because a few people do well you think making it harder for the people who don't get them would make it more fun? Nah, backwards logic that. It'd just make it frustrating for everyone trying.

Also what Black meant by bit late is that this would literally not be possible to try this year anyway. Given that we already know who most of the people are....because of the thread you posted it :P

8PBUpdp.gif

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades

• 3,675 posts
    Last Visit 15 minutes ago
  • Alias:Yui

If I'm not too late, I would like to join in on this. Not even sure if I qualify, as last year I didn't due to post count, but if the stars align in my favor, count me in

It's based on time active this year; not post count. Mettaton said that and everything.

0d7EjM3.gif

you're just a well-rounded, gatorade-drinking gif machine that looks like He-Man and Shaggy had a lovechild.

stuff I've won

Melkor

Melkor

• Night's Watch

• 14,236 posts

So because a few people do well you think making it harder for the people who don't get them would make it more fun? Nah, backwards logic that. It'd just make it frustrating for everyone trying.

Also what Black meant by bit late is that this would literally not be possible to try this year anyway. Given that we already know who most of the people are....because of the thread you posted it :P

Is it really fun knowing that despite how well you do, cow and Brit are gonna clean the slate and get the prize? Surely you've heard about the crowd out effect in economics?

bngoeJd.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Totally not Neo

• Moderators
  • 11,691 posts
    Last Visit 20 minutes ago
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Is it really fun knowing that despite how well you do, cow and Brit are gonna clean the slate and get the prize? Surely you've heard about the crowd out effect in economics?

Okay then explain to me how doing it your way makes it harder for the people who do well and easier for those who don't. Maybe I can consider it for next year then.

Plus many that try just want to see how well they can do.

8PBUpdp.gif

Super Chaos Sonic

Super Chaos Sonic

Run, Sonic Run!

• Legendary Members
  • 19,567 posts
    Last Visit Today, 06:15 PM

Is it really fun knowing that despite how well you do, cow and Brit are gonna clean the slate and get the prize?

Does it really matter? I mean, I personally do this, for the fun...not for who wins the prize. So, for me, a person playing a monster, I could care less who wins. I'm just having fun. And that's what these events are really all about: F-U-N.

Melkor

Melkor

• Night's Watch

• 14,236 posts

Okay then explain to me how doing it your way makes it harder for the people who do well and easier for those who don't. Maybe I can consider it for next year then.

Plus many that try just want to see how well they can do.

It just makes it slightly harder for people like you to clean the clock. Counterpoint to my idea, it would make it that much harder for everyone else too, and might have a linear scale effect.

Not sure, I was just throwing out an idea, if you have any idea on how to make it more competitive, I'm all ears :)

bngoeJd.gif

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades

• 3,675 posts
    Last Visit 15 minutes ago
  • Alias:Yui

Not sure, I was just throwing out an idea, if you have any idea on how to make it more competitive, I'm all ears :)

Not consider it a competition? Events like this are meant to just be for fun; not to see who can top an arbitrary leaderboard that literally nobody cares about topping. Even if they were competitve, the monster hunt isn't the main focus of this event on an official level.

0d7EjM3.gif

you're just a well-rounded, gatorade-drinking gif machine that looks like He-Man and Shaggy had a lovechild.

stuff I've won

(Mizzet)

(Mizzet)

Firemind

• Ace Investigator
  • 7,284 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:(parenthesis)
  • Spouse:cinnamon

It just makes it slightly harder for people like you to clean the clock. Counterpoint to my idea, it would make it that much harder for everyone else too, and might have a linear scale effect.

your suggestion sucks.

They win because they actually try. Forcing guesses to be blind doesn't even the competition, it kills it, because a relevant chunk will be people who you would only be able to figure out because they are on the list.

The sentiment of "why bother guessing if these people are better at it than me" is defeatist and honestly just making a problem where there is none.

EDIT: cowcow and British are not the only members to complete it, for the record. I did so 2 years ago

FourEyesIsAFish

FourEyesIsAFish

• Members
  • 38 posts
    Last Visit Oct 08 2018 08:19 AM

Sign me up

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ Top Hat Regulator ~

• Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,506 posts
    Last Visit 22 minutes ago
  • Alias:~British Soul~
  • Spouse:Yubel

Sign me up

Unfortunately...

The only restriction on signing up for a monster is that you must have been active on this forum for at least a year.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Sunshine Jesse

Sunshine Jesse

This game will not have a happy ending.

• Kiseki no Majo

• 7,534 posts
    Last Visit Today, 04:12 PM
  • Discord:Jesse#7240
  • Spouse:Lambdadelta

I'm in.

~~~~

~~~~

• 2,992 posts
    Last Visit

Ok well since you haven't got to 20 yet, I'd like to re-enter this. Hopefully with an idea that should actually work!

Jevil

Jevil

I cAn Do AnYtHiNg~!

• Moderators

• 47,676 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Black
  • Spouse:Melody & Birdie
@Ciao Babe (not really)
@ (Mizzet)
@Super Chaos Sonic
@MetalSonic
@Smug Sultan Saikazo
@~Faytl~
@Reptilious
@VCR_CAT
@ Tsumugi Shirogane
@Yui
@Sunshine Jesse
@Spleonard Spleenus
@ The Warden
@~~~~
@Featherine Augustus Aurora
@~British Soul~
@Nathanael D. Striker

As of now, you can make your monster accounts, as well as send a PM to me including a link to their profile. I will begin working on these after I get home from work tomorrow, so make sure I have it!

The event begins in just over 24 hours, so be prepared!

You are an insane person and very creative.

MarsBlack.gif

MetalSonic

MetalSonic

Screw Bowsette. Omelette.

• Elite Members
  • 2,347 posts
    Last Visit 41 minutes ago
  • Spouse:Sari Sumdac
Wait, I thought we hijacked old inactive accounts for this.
Posted Image
Discord tag: Metal Sonic#4736

Jevil

Jevil

I cAn Do AnYtHiNg~!

• Moderators

• 47,676 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Black
  • Spouse:Melody & Birdie

Wait, I thought we hijacked old inactive accounts for this.

That was due to an inability to make new accounts in the past.

Nowadays, that is not required.

You are an insane person and very creative.

MarsBlack.gif

~~~~

~~~~

• 2,992 posts
    Last Visit

Do I have to make a separate email address?

Northern Sage

Northern Sage

Stay frosty

• Sage's Bond
  • 7,787 posts
    Last Visit Today, 12:17 PM
  • Discord:Mr Bonejangles#6434
  • Alias:Dragon Sage

Do I have to make a separate email address?

I think mods have been able to change past monster's email accounts before, but this may be short notice.

Otherwise, outlook's regular mail has a pretty quick register.

oversized dakimakura

2D sig

(Thanks @ Tormented)

Member card
Stand stuff thanks to Armz
Award stuff

The Warden

The Warden

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be~

• Moderators
  • 17,153 posts
    Last Visit 17 minutes ago
  • Alias:Broken

Not for nothing but having to make the account is very inconvenient.

the_warden_by_uxiesweetie-d9fsncn.png

Hell? Oh no, you flatter me! This is merely SuperYCM! I am The Warden.

Thar

Thar

At age six, I was born without a face.

• Button Masher

• 12,087 posts
    Last Visit 10 minutes ago
  • Discord:Thar#3461
  • Spouse:Tormented

Lmao, that title change. Nice.

FkO7g8r.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users