Photo

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Vernal Ventures [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Eevee

Eevee

Eevoi!

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts
    Last Visit Jan 14 2019 03:51 AM
  • Alias:Sethera

Tuff could predict what Draxew was going to say before he even said it. Or at least, the gist of it. The boy was almost bouncing off the walls. "I-I'm pumped! This place is a lot cooler than Glass Lake Town and I'm gonna explore the heck out of everywhere!" he started whistling, which was a bit odd, but hey, people had their own habits. The boy then began to place various knickknacks into his room. It was fun to watch him move them in, especially since Tuff had nothing himself. Apparently even Pokémon owned scarves. The berries looked good, but he also couldn't say how they tasted either. Lastly, the dragon--somehow, that seemed to fit what he was--moved what looked like a pink glass ball with a swirling colors inside. There was something about it that made him unable to turn his eyes away, and judging by Draxew's actions, it was valuable beside. Or at least to him.

"What's that?" he asked curiously. "Looks pretty cool."

However Draxew responded, the two would soon have to head downstairs, where the morning meeting would take place. Or at least that's what the others were talking about, so that was probably the case. It was pretty quiet, so he decided to break the silence. Except as soon as he opened his mouth, Noivy spoke up, calling for their attention. Heliolisk, if he remembered right, was the one to speak next.

"It's good to see everyone today! Thank you all for being on time. Welcome new recruits to the Helio Guild. Everyone please look after them and help them out as best you can." the lizard started warmly. He seemed a bit more on task here than he had been for the whole of the actual entrance exam. "Now then, today's main point of business: exploring the northern mountains! Many of you have made brief pushes into Mount Gloss. I wish everyone to know I believe a clue to the current climate predicament to reside there so we will be directing all our exploring efforts to discovering it. But meanwhile do keep up with the requests from the townsfolk and the outlaw board. We have order to maintain and we cannot compromise it. And remember-" he paused.

"BEAM LIKE THE SUN!" the shout caught him off guard, and the panda jumped upright with a loud shout himself. To anybody watching it looked like he had decided to join in himself, but anybody listening would hear that what he said was not nearly as clean.

Soon afterward, Noivy began making teams. She then introduced them to two Pokémon, named Blitzle and Tyrunt. Something about the names, especially Tyrunt, sounded familiar, but before he could think about it for too long the dinosaur-looking one stepped up and shouted. "What's up guys?! Are you ready to do this?! We're gonna go hard!" he shouted. While Tuff couldn't really understand what exactly he was saying, he could get on board with this guy's enthusiasm.

Then Blitzle stepped forward and actually explained what was going on, but the Stufful found it just as hard to understand what she was saying. There was something about her voice, and also she looked similar to that horse woman earlier. Were they related? Or did they just look alike? And wasn't that Tyrunt guy supposed to be long dead or something? Or maybe he was mixing things up.

"Whoever comes with me is gonna tear it up!" Tyrunt's voice made it through his confusion. "Though it's kinda unlucky for you guys that Growlithe didn't get assigned this job. She's the best ever! She'd totally have you guys whipped into shape in no time!" he started but before Tuff could ask who Growlithe was the zebra girl interrupted. The bear tried to listen, he really did, but his mind kept wandering to this "Growlithe" and honestly, couldn't Blitzle find a better way to talk? She sounded like a robot, or a scientist--except he couldn't quite remember what either of those were.

They then started walking, which was a chore and a half for him still, but he managed, though his pace was still slower than everybody else's. He glanced around, but the scenery really wasn't the kind to tell home about. The sky was cloudy and the grass a muddy color that looked more brown than green, though the bushes were better and the breeze felt nice. When they finally stopped, they were split up into two groups, which nobody else seemed surprised about. He didn't like being separated from Draxew, and he liked even less being in the same group as Blitzle or Princess Fish, but he would probably look stupid and clingy if he said anything, so he didn't. Instead he gave Draxew a little wave with a "Good luck," that sounded like an echo of Fishy McFish's words.

The bird guy started talking right about then. “So, uh, I’ve gotta admit I don’t think I remember everybody from yesterday,” he said. “Like, I remember that you were there, obviously, but I don’t think I was able to put names to faces if that makes sense. I’m Felix! Um, I like, you know, normal Starly things and I guess it’s an open secret that I don’t like flying very much. What about you?”

Cassidy greeted the others with just her name, but that was just fine for Tuff. He didn't really care if her favorite color was green or whatever other stupid thing she was going to say, because he had already decided he didn't like her.

So instead he focused on the guy who actually seemed nice"The hell are normal Starly things? That what you are? A Starly?" He realized right after speaking that it didn't sound very polite. "Oh yeah, I'm Tuff. And I'm a Stufful, I guess." The human thing went without saying, right?

Blitzle motioned for them to gather, and then started explaining what they'd be doing. They'd be entering the mystery dungeon, whatever that was, after the other group. And Blitzle wouldn't be helping them unless they really needed it. When she finished speaking, Felix turned to the others, obviously excited. He looked as enthusiastic as Draxew, who had made for a brave picture heading in at the front of the group.

“So, left-hand rule, right? Or left-wing rule? Just like, follow the left wall and see where that takes us? I dunno, that’d be my suggestion, at least.”

Before he could respond, Cassidy did first. "Someone probably should keep a map of where we go...just so we can tell where we've been. Since obviously I can't do it, I'll head in first." She started to look a little excited herself, adding a playful, "I'll try not to go too fast for you."

"A map, huh? The hell is that?" the bear realized that might sound dumb, but at the moment, he couldn't give a damn. This fish was annoying him. "Sounds dumb. You sure we need it?"

Tuff wasn't sure if he was excited. Honestly? He was...well, mainly confused. He wasn't really sure why they were doing this, only that they were. He had probably missed the explanation somewhere along the way. Maybe it had something to do with them being human? Oh wait, no, Draxew had said something about this before, hadn't he? That the guild was a guild because they explored new places and fought bad guys. So what they were doing was exploring a new place, right? Except maybe not so new, since they were new too. Something about that sounded familiar, like something Blitzle had been droning on and on about.

Oh well. The Stufful decided to just take things as they went. If things went wrong, well, he'd just face them head-on. Anything would fall if it got punched in the face long enough. With that thought, the bear followed after the others.

bm04TgJ.png

Wind Rider

Wind Rider

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
    Last Visit Jan 11 2019 08:42 PM
"If you want a different room I'm fine with that. I don't have any preference so whatever makes you most comfortable." the tynamo said as she motioned towards a room she picked out.

"No... That's fine..." karliah said as she slinked over to the room. So this is who she would be sharing a room with... At least she was a small pokemon.

The morning meeting was about what she expected, minus the loud shout. Beam like the sun? Karliah couldn't really bother to smile right now.

The groups were made up and all the teams left, leaving the newcomers with noivern and two other pokemon, tyrunt and a blitzle. Noivern introduced the two as the team leaders for today's training and left. The tyrunt was as loud as he looked and the blitzle seemed at least more calm in comparison. They explained that everyone would be splitting into two teams to explore a place called the Green Glen. The mention of a growlithe by tyrunt peaked Karliah's interest but she couldn't explain why. She just shook it off and got with her group.

Upon arriving at the location, the group split into their teams. Unfortunately, it seemed like she would be going with tyrunt, along with axew and that Blake guy from earlier. "Okay, I'll head this operation if you don't mind. So, in order to properly strategize, I'm going to need a list of strengths and weaknesses. Also, a list of techniques would be preferable." Blake quickly pointed himself out as the leader, frankly Karliah couldn't care less. She shook her head and just kept walking along silently.

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde

Dressed up Dragon

• Hero
  • 6,468 posts
    Last Visit Jan 26 2019 12:32 AM
  • Alias:Hydreigon

pipGDIj.jpg?1

Zee had awoken from his slumber to go to his first ever Guild Hall Morning Meeting, something that he surely wouldn't like to get used to.  All of the usual suspects had gathered there, but some faces seemed to be missing from the crowd...although he couldn't put any names to those faces.  He shrugged, as he began to doze off, only to be awoken by the brazen speech from Heliolisk.

"It's good to see everyone today! Thank you all for being on time. Welcome new recruits to the Helio Guild. Everyone please look after them and help them out as best you can." the lizard started warmly. He seemed a bit more on task here than he had been for the whole of the actual entrance exam. "Now then, today's main point of business: exploring the northern mountains! Many of you have made brief pushes into Mount Gloss. I wish everyone to know I believe a clue to the current climate predicament to reside there so we will be directing all our exploring efforts to discovering it. But meanwhile do keep up with the requests from the townsfolk and the outlaw board. We have order to maintain and we cannot compromise it. And remember-" he said as the guild readied to join him in his next statement.

"BEAM LIKE THE SUN!

Was he supposed to say that too?  Maybe next time.  Noivern, and two other guild members, had gathered them all together.  Tyrunt and Blitzle would be the ones to take them on their first outing, it seemed.  Tyrunt's demeanor sure annoyed him, but Blitzle was the obvious straight man.  The dichotomy was astounding.  They announced that Green Glen would be today's mission, and moved out for the place.  When they got there, he was placed into Blitzle's group, among many of the pokemon he didn't recognize.  

"Tyrunt's group will proceed first and we'll enter a set time after so as to not cross paths. By the very nature of mystery dungeons that will prove difficult anyway. We'll each take the rear of the group and will not offer any insight on how to best navigate the dungeon unless you're all very clearly stumped. We also won't be aiding you in combat unless you're all in danger. You can employ whatever strategy suits you best."

“So, uh, I’ve gotta admit I don’t think I remember everybody from yesterday,” he said. “Like, I remember that you were there, obviously, but I don’t think I was able to put names to faces if that makes sense. I’m Felix! Um, I like, you know, normal Starly things and I guess it’s an open secret that I don’t like flying very much. What about you?”

This was that Starly who had rejected his invitation for the Guild Entrance Exam, right?  He had already forgotten his name...the guy just really didn't stand out.  

"I'm Cassidy."  The strange wiggle worm said.  

"Oh yeah, I'm Tuff. And I'm a Stufful, I guess."

"Well, looks like I'm last...I'm Zee."  He said with a yawn.  "The Abra.  For a modest fee, I can teleport you out of here if things get dicey." 

“So, left-hand rule, right?  Or left-wing rule? Just like, follow the left wall and see where that takes us? I dunno, that’d be my suggestion, at least.”

"Someone probably should keep a map of where we go...just so we can tell where we've been. Since obviously I can't do it, I'll head in first.  I'll try not to go too fast for you."

"A map, huh? The hell is that?  Sounds dumb. You sure we need it?"

By now, Zee had already fallen asleep among them.  

jXKJJoh.gif

The Past is a Cyber Dino

𝓒𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓸

𝓒𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓸

Nya

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,695 posts
    Last Visit
  • Discord:Doggo #5674
  • Alias:doggy

Team Tyrunt

The floating sword indicated it would take charge of the team's move through the mystery dungeon. Axew was admittedly relieved someone else wanted to take point. He needed some energy for something other than putting on a brave face. Though he wasn't sure what to make of the request for techniques, strengths and weaknesses. The Salandit in the group made no comment on the matter, making the boy wonder if she'd even heard. Well she motioned like she did. Maybe she couldn't talk? That would be terrible the boy thought. Well, if no one else was going to do anything he would.

"I'm Ax- uh Draxew and I uh... well I do Dragon Rage a bunch." he said offering all the info he could think of off the top of his head. He didn't have too long to keep thinking about what to say as a verbal prodding soon followed.

"C'mon, c'mon! Move it along. We got all day to talk after we kick butt!" Tyrunt exclaimed. He had to visibly restrain himself to the rear of the group as was expected of him for this training session. Left to his own devices, he would charge in head first and lord help whatever he ran into. The group pushed through the entrance proper to Green Glen and almost immediately after doing so the walk way behind them seemed to vanish from sight. There was no way but forward as incredibly steep hills lined the path on either side. There was a gentle breeze running through the pass the four not stood in. It carried whispers of a happier time for the valley. 

"Right, so you heard Blitzle and stuff. You guys go get 'em as good as you can! She'd tell me not to tell you this but between you and me, the best stuff's always hiding behind the toughest foes. So if you see an enemy Pokemon just go all out and take the cool stuff!" came the violent advice. Tyrunts approach was very clearly based around combating the pokemon who would attack either for territorial reasons or due to the influence of the mystery dungeon.

To start the road was straight. It curved some to the left, north as one with directional awareness might realize. Axew for one was clueless which way was which and was just worried about what might pop out where. There was little but the dying grass and dense bushes along their way. But this would soon change as they found a fork in the road. Tryunt stood and waited for the group's decision. To their left lie more of the same. But the right fork had some actual trees along the path. And if one was careful to listen they might hear the faintest of buzzing sounds.

"So uh, which way... leader?" Axew asked of Blake, still not sure what to call him. If this whole group was comprised of former humans he probably wasn't named Honedge. Either way it was still weird to see a moving sword at all. If the group lingered, a nearby bush would begin to rustle, a pokemon within waiting and eager for its chance.

Team Blitzle

Some time had passed since Tyrunt's group had departed. Blitzle was worried about him and what he might get up to. Would he remember all the things she'd told him to tell them once inside? Somehow she doubted it. Moreover, she seemed somewhat uncomfortable with the task laid before her. She loved teaching new pokemon in the guild but at the same time always felt nervous around them. Her first assumption about most social situations was that unless stated otherwise most people wouldn't like her very much. But at least now it was time to put the whirlwind of her thoughts to rest for a time. She called to the four remaining recruits.

"It's time we entered as well." she said calmly. It seemed the Tynamo wanted to take point which was something to see. The Starly's suggested approach worried her not because it wouldn't work but because she herself always tried to be efficient about moving through mystery dungeons. The Stufful seemed unaware of many things and would likely get himself into trouble if not looked out for by his teammates. Then there was the Abra who prone to falling asleep in any given situation.

It was fine.

They'd do fine.

It's fine.

Nothing was fine really. But at the least the group had entered the Green Glen. The entryway vanished away as they entered and they were soon surrounded by the nearly vertical hills that created the valley. Immediately ahead of them were trees and small ponds along a mostly straightforward route. It would take them east for a time and as things were mostly calm Blitzle took the opportunity to share some more information.

"So you're aware, the badges you were given hold a function past proving your membership in the guild. They have a special power to rescue pokemon from mystery dungeons. Meaning it can warp pokemon you meet or save for jobs, or even you the explorers yourselves, out in the blink of an eye. It's an important escape tool for if things go really wrong. Your goal today is to push through to the base of the tallest hill in Green Glen. Thankfully it's outside the mystery dungeon so we'll be able to meet up with Tryunt once both groups are through." she imparted to the young explorers. As always she spoke at great length with the many thoughts on hand, unsure how well she had communicated them. From there she made sure to stand behind the four recruits and allow them total freedom in exploring. But in some minutes after her speech, there were strange noises, rustling overhead in the trees. The rustling stopped as growling took its place.

All at once, two Mankey leaped out of the trees in front of the groups, both mad with rage. Blitzle seemed shocked, knowing Green Glen well enough to know Mankey shouldn't be here. They spoke no words, merely made angry calls as the two both charged Cassidy at once, she being the closest thing to either of them to beat up.

This group's exploration was to start with a bang.

65214649.gif

radio414

radio414

n/a

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts
    Last Visit Today, 09:12 AM
  • Spouse:ur mom

As the group introduced each other, Felix got the impression that none of them liked each other very much? Like, Zee appeared to be kind of apathetic about the whole thing (was he really asleep again?) -- it wasn’t even very clear that he’d remembered Felix at all from, like, the two or three times he’d introduced himself in the past two days alone(!) -- and he probably had the best reaction out of all of them. Meanwhile, Cassidy the Tynamo had snarked back at him, overriding Felix’s suggestion with a completely unrelated one (that wasn’t to say it wasn’t a good suggestion! A map was totally a good idea! But, like… why now?), and the Stufful… Tough? Tuff? Some arcane variant he’d never heard of? He was immediately hostile, shooting down Cassidy’s suggestion almost immediately, questioning even the concept of a map at all!

And then, almost lost entirely in all that shuffle, was the Stufful’s question for Felix. “The hell are ‘normal Starly things?’” he had said. “That what you are? A Starly?”

“That’s me!” Felix said. “Felix the Starly!” He did a little flourish with his wings to emphasize the point. “As for, uh, ‘normal Starly things,’ you know, like, good food, friends, not falling to your death. Normal stuff, yeah? I could have said, ‘normal Pokémon things,’ I guess, but that extra syllable just gets in the way, you know?”

The Stufful seemed a little confused. “Seems like a hell of a weird way to say you like what you like,” he said. “But aia nô- whatever…” He frowned, or rather, frowned more than normal. He looked even more confused, too, for whatever that was worth.

“I mean, yeah, I guess,” said Felix. He tried to sound cheery as he said it, but his disappointment probably still shone through a little. He’d been hoping that even just continuing a conversation would have been enough to at least forge the beginning of a connection, just like he had with Kiera and so, so many other Pokémon since he’d arrived at Thicket Town, but it seemed like that just wasn’t going to work here. Nobody else liked anybody else.

Which meant that nobody liked Felix.

Alienation was a feeling he’d tried to forget, to put behind him ever since it stopped being a constant presence in his life. The pit it made in his stomach was almost as bad as his acrophobia’s, and the fact that the remedy involved grinning and bearing it only made it that much worse. He’d soldier on, of course. Even if he hadn’t made a mental checklist for the day (he’d been running far too late for that), Make Amends and Make Friends continued to linger from the day before. This was something he needed to do.

Eventually, Blitzle interrupted his mood. “It’s time we entered as well,” she said.

Felix could feel his adrenaline running again. It wasn’t as much as before, but it was still enough to get him ready for… for whatever was coming up. It almost gave him the shakes as he took out some parchment, implicitly volunteering to be the map keeper. Sure, he had exactly as many arms as Cassidy the floating eel (so long as wings didn’t count!), but he’d gotten pretty good at using his beak and claws, so as long as he had a few quick moments every so often to lay the paper on the ground they should be okay?

All he could do at the moment was sketch out an entrance and listen in as Blitzle provided a little bit more information. He wondered if Zee was disappointed everybody got teleporter badges. It was probably hard to just announce something like “I can get you out of danger” and then just, you know, get a button that does the same thing. But what was more interesting was their actual goal. “Push through to the base of the tallest hill in Green Glen,” Blitzle had said.

“So can we see the hill while we’re in there? Or is that another thing about mystery dungeons that you can’t see out of them?” Felix said. Maybe they weren’t going to be as lost as he thought. Left-wing rule? Who needed that?

There wasn’t really any time for Blitzle to answer, though. If she did, she was interrupted by a pair of Mankey popping out and charging straight at…

“Cassidy!” Felix called out, already rushing back at one of the Mankey with a Quick Attack. Yeah, all that drama and stuff had to be put aside for the moment. Right now, Felix was just glad that adrenaline was already there. He certainly was going to need it.

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

One Thing

• Moderators
  • 11,869 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

"Sounds dumb. You sure we need it?"

Wait what? How does someone not know what a map is? Maybe she misjudged the age of this "Tuff". Since he was starting to sound like a foul-mouthed kid with all the things he didn't know. Maybe he hit his head when he came here? She leaned in a bit to get a look at his head to check for any injuries.

None that she could see. And he really didn't sound like a kid. Maybe he was just dumb?

Whatever the case they seemed ready, except for the sleeping one, to go on ahead. Cassidy went in first and, as they all entered, the entrance vanished.

Okay so...that was weird. "Do things often...disappear around here?" Cassidy asked the Blitzle.

The area they were in was covered in large hills. This place felt much stranger than she had first thought. It made her nervous, this unusual terrain, but, at the same time, it almost was nostalgic in a sense. Something about exploring an unusual area felt kinda right.

She was glad to see the Starly had listened to her about the map, even if there wasn't much to map out, and was going to give him some tips when she heard some rustling noises.

A pair of Mankey leaped out and towards her a moment later.

“Cassidy!”

"I see em!" She called back, as a flash of feather overtook her and the Starly slammed into one of the Mankey. Cassidy, not to be outshone, tucked her head down and charged forward. Intending to Tackle the other Mankey as it made its descent. Before it could land.

8PBUpdp.gif

Eevee

Eevee

Eevoi!

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Felix seemed a little down after their conversation, which Tuff didn't really understand. But then again, he was also trying to remember what the hell that phrase was...he was going to say something, something, something...what? F*** if he knew.

All he knew was that he was ready to take on this dungeon, and hopefully figure out what the hell was up with him being a Pokémon now. As he was thinking, Miss Fish Sticks leaned in to look at him, as if trying to figure out something. Except, something about her expression rubbed him the wrong way. "The hell you lookin' at?" he snapped.

It was probably a good thing Blitzle said what she did when she did. At least for Miss Fishy. "It's time we entered as well."

The entryway vanished away as they entered and they were soon surrounded by the nearly vertical hills that created the valley. Immediately ahead of them were trees and small ponds along what looked like a straight route. This was...really weird.

"Do things often...disappear around here?"

For once Tuff was of the same mind as Fish Girl. "Yeah, that was really weird," he agreed.

As things calmed down, Blitzle started to speak again. "So you're aware, the badges you were given hold a function past proving your membership in the guild. They have a special power to rescue pokemon from mystery dungeons. Meaning it can warp pokemon you meet or save for jobs, or even you the explorers yourselves, out in the blink of an eye. It's an important escape tool for if things go really wrong. Your goal today is to push through to the base of the tallest hill in Green Glen. Thankfully it's outside the mystery dungeon so we'll be able to meet up with Tryunt once both groups are through."

For once, Tuff managed to pay attention through the whole speech. It probably helped that there were less distractions around to get...distracted by.

“So can we see the hill while we’re in there? Or is that another thing about mystery dungeons that you can’t see out of them?” Felix said.

That was a good question, and one Tuff wouldn't have thought of himself. Sounded like Felix was more than just a bird brain. Or, well, he had a bird brain, but it was a working brain anyway. Still, he didn't really see how it mattered. Before he could open his mouth and make his opinion known, though, two weird monkey things jumped out of the trees at Fish Girl.

Felix and Fishy rushed at the two without hesitation, but Tuff did. He glanced at Zee, who still looked asleep, then at Blitzle, before realizing that, yes, he was required to fight, and huh, maybe he hadn't really thought of it that much. Except, instead of fighting, his first instinct was to shout out orders. Except he knew nobody would listen to him, and why would they? He didn't remember shit, and it looked like they knew theirs better than he did.

Maybe it'd feel better if he shouted out his own orders? Looking down at himself, he yelled out, "Tuff, Tackle!" before starting to run. It was odd, giving orders to himself, but at the same time, it felt right. Well, if it works, it works, he thought, stumbling over himself trying to charge at the monkey that Felix had targeted. If he had to choose between helping out the brainy bird or Fish Fry...he'd choose the brainy bird.

bm04TgJ.png

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde

Dressed up Dragon

• Hero
  • 6,468 posts
    Last Visit Jan 26 2019 12:32 AM
  • Alias:Hydreigon

pipGDIj.jpg?1

As they entered Green Glen, the Mystery Dungeon seemed to sport out a sort of hill-like environment.  Zee wasn't too particularly impressed, but then again, it was hard to excite him awake with most things except a Tamato Berry.  However, Felix and the others seemed to be confused somewhat about how the particulars of the dungeon functioned.  There was no use thinking about it, in Zee's opinion.  It was just how they worked.  No two dungeons would ever be the same.  Now, whoever was pulling the strings to make that so...Zee wanted to figure out.  

“So can we see the hill while we’re in there? Or is that another thing about mystery dungeons that you can’t see out of them?”

"Do things often...disappear around here?"

"Yeah, that was really weird,"

"They call it a Mystery Dungeon for a reason I suppose..."  Zee yawned.  

"So you're aware, the badges you were given hold a function past proving your membership in the guild. They have a special power to rescue pokemon from mystery dungeons. Meaning it can warp pokemon you meet or save for jobs, or even you the explorers yourselves, out in the blink of an eye. It's an important escape tool for if things go really wrong. Your goal today is to push through to the base of the tallest hill in Green Glen. Thankfully it's outside the mystery dungeon so we'll be able to meet up with Tryunt once both groups are through."

"How redundant."  Zee snickered.  "I guess If I have no power to use Teleport, I can use my badge instead." 

And just like clockwork, something went wrong.  A duo of Mankey's sprouted from the trees and bushes to confront the new recruits.  

“Cassidy!” 

"I see em!"

All at once, the three other explorer's went to land decisive tackles against their opponents.  Zee sighed, as a glimmer shone from his eyes, as he sprawled his hand lazily forward.  A strange mirage seemed to make itself known where the Mankeys were, as the air grew heavy and hot around the two.  Confusion would make sure the two were distracted, and hurt enough, to ensure those tackles landed.  Zee then turned to the Blitzle, who was still surprised by the event, only to sigh.  

"You're supposed to be my senior?  Why don't you show me what you're made of Blitzle?"  

jXKJJoh.gif

The Past is a Cyber Dino

Wind Rider

Wind Rider

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
    Last Visit Jan 11 2019 08:42 PM
"Right, so you heard Blitzle and stuff. You guys go get 'em as good as you can! She'd tell me not to tell you this but between you and me, the best stuff's always hiding behind the toughest foes. So if you see an enemy Pokemon just go all out and take the cool stuff!"

Makes sense from to a certain degree, but Karliah preferred it if they didn't get into a fight with everything they saw. Though that was up to their "leader", not hers.

As they continued, they soon came to a fork in the road, with the right path leading into a more wooded environment. Karliah's tail swayed back and forth as she looked at the two options in front of the team. She just sat patiently for a decision to be made by Blake or Tyrunt on which path they should go on, until the rustling of leaves caught her attention. She turned toward the bush and eyed it cautiously. Something was watching the group, waiting for a chance to strike.

She looked back at the others. "Psst!" she tried to get their attention and pointed at the bush. Maybe they could try to turn the ambush on the ambusher. As much as she wanted to avoid a fight, she'd rather know a fight is coming rather than get taken by surprise. Turning back to the bush, she opened mouth and released a cloud of Smog at it to flush out whoever or whatever was hiding.

)e//!s0P

)e//!s0P

Destroyer of RP's

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
    Last Visit Jan 16 2019 08:29 AM

Blake was unimpressed with the Axew and the Salandit. Sure, his expectations were low, but not THAT low. They had barely spoken and seemed to submitting command to himself. 'The fools. These two are way to trusting. Ah well, might as well use it while I can.' "Alright, let's move out," He said before moving into the Dungeon.

Blake was new to the concept of a mystery dungeon. It was a fascinating thought, to suddenly disappear and appear in a randomly created environment. It seemed to be a fascinating phenomenon. 

Immediately as they entered, Blake used Automize, and felt himself lighten. In front of them was a branching path. 'So, based on the demographics of heavily wooded areas versus that of normal wooded areas, I believe the right path is the correct route, as we will have a better match-up against Bugs then anything else.' Blake thought. He was ready to send us in a direction until the Salandit got his attention.

The bush in front of us had rustled. Sure, it was a was a bit windy, but wind shaking the bush that much? Impossible. However, he had a sneaking suspicion that he wasn't going to like her next move. "Don't do it." Blake said, with tension in his voice, then realized it was too late, as Smog fumes came out of the Fire Poison type's mouth. "So I guess we're doing this." Twelve blue glowing swords circle around Blake, striking each other in a Swords Dance. Blake then charged to the bush, striking in a Fury Cutter, slashing off a good majority of the bush off.

Posted Image

𝓒𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓸

𝓒𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓸

Nya

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,695 posts
    Last Visit
  • Discord:Doggo #5674
  • Alias:doggy

Team Tyrunt

The dinosaur in charge of the group had done his best to stay back and let them explore as they wished. But it was difficult to Tyrunt, especially when the group paused to consider which path to take. He wanted action, excitement, and battle. Instead he had quiet, not nearly as cool as they looked, kids. But maybe all was not lost for he noticed even at a greater distance the movement in the bush. His instincts for when a pokemon wanted to battle were keen and he took note well before the group did. Thankfully it didn't take them long.

The Salandit took action first and called to the group's attention before laying down a thick blast of smog into the bush. Axew was caught off guard by the lizard's sudden noise and attack and nearly tripped over himself. The Honedge prepared a follow up by strengthening himself then cutting away at the brush. An angry call like that of a cow sounded as a Camerupt charged out from behind the smog layer. It withstood the sentient blade's attack with the stone line humps atop it's back and with sheer force pushed him back toward the others. Axew had long since frozen up and watched in fear as the scene unfolded.

"This place is mine!" the angry Camerupt declared. While fire-types seldom took residence in Green Glen, this particularly pokemon had claimed some territory here. A relatively common occurrence these days which unfortunately came with aggression toward any and all explorers or passerby. To accent its anger the mini-volcanoes on its back began flaring up before two geysers of fire and bits of rock exploded forth in the move Eruption, looking to catch the whole team in its blast. Tyrunt, who had managed to keep himself away despite the oncoming battle, would be the only out of immediate danger.

"Alright a real fight!!" the dinosaur cried from the back. Axew meanwhile was trying to get out of the way of the Eruption which still caught him and knocked him back some. Thankfully no burn had been sustained. The boy attempted to use Leer but was too far from the Camerupt for such a thing to be effective.

Team Blitzle

The team has sprung into action quickly and the duo of Mankeys had been intercepted in their charges. First there was Felix whose quick attack began pushing one of them back despite a Mankey weighing as much as fourteen Starlys. Cassidy was soon pushing the other back as well with a Tackle. With support from Zee's confusion, Tuff's tackle found it's mark and together the bear and bird knocked their Mankey back a ways with a decent bit of damage done.

"I-I'm not supposed to help unless you're all in serious danger. You have to be ready for surprises and nothing looks too bad yet." Blitzle responded to Zee after regaining her composure. Her mind was still caught up in why these Mankey were here. Green Glen had largely been unaffected by the mass migrations and thus had served as a safe spot for training new recruits. But if it wasn't reliable anymore then that strategy might have to change. For the time being the horse turned her attention back to her charges and hoped they would prove capable in combat.

The Mankey Cassidy engaged hadn't been pushed as far away with only the one Tackle. And in anger he hopped back slightly before closing the distance to the small fish again with Fury Swipes firing at full speed.

The other assailant stood now facing both Tuff and Felix. It readied a Karate Chop and leaped forward to strike Tuff squarely atop his head.

65214649.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

One Thing

• Moderators
  • 11,869 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Good, they were letting her handle this on her own. That was good, right? Right. It was totally good.

She was glad that they decided to work together and leave her to fight this one. It meant they could tell she didn't need their help right?

Right.

Whatever.

Cassidy noticed the Mankey recover rather quickly, to her annoyance, and charged in at her. It immediately began to swing its paws at her, in what she vaguely remembered was Fury Swipes. Weak move but one that hit several times.

She took one smack, ouch that actually hurt a lot for something so weak, before she was able to retaliate. Then a second one as electricity began to crackle around her. But the third swipe was stopped as she let out a jolt of electricity at the Mankey. She hit it dead center and seemed to stop the Pokemon from doing anything more.

Cassidy shivered in excitement as she felt the energy building up in her. There was a crackling sensation and noise around her body as the attack powered herself up. "Alright, that's it, time to show you what I'm made of!"

Literally.

The girl kept close to the ground and let loose a second, more powerful, Charge Beam. Hoping to get it off before the Mankey recovered enough to dodge.

8PBUpdp.gif

Eevee

Eevee

Eevoi!

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Tuff breathed a sigh of relief. Now, thinking about it, that was...pretty dumb, right? He didn't know if he even knew Tackle, he just ran at the monkey thing and hoped that that would work. Luckily, it seemed like it did. Also, what was Tackle again? It was the first word that came to mind, for some reason. Tackle. But why? Was that a move? Probably, right? It had to be. After all, he used it, and it worked. Or maybe that was just because he hit it. He hit it, so it got hurt. That made sense. So then, what now?

Hell if I know.

"Hey!" he snapped at Blitzle after her reply to Zee. "You said you can't help, but can you help in other ways? Like tell me what moves I know." What even were moves again? Special fighting techniques? He thought so, but he wasn't sure. He wasn't sure of anything in this damned world, and that sucked. A lot. He didn't like being caught flat-footed, but at least he was...adaptable. That's the word, right? Yeah, he was adaptable. Didn't matter what the world threw at him, he would just roll with the punches and give as good as he got.

He was knocked out of his thoughts--no, really, actually knocked out, by a chop to the head. "F***!" he swore. "Damn you to hell! What the f***?!" It was tough, thinking and fighting at the same time. So maybe he should just stop thinking and start fighting. Except that attack seemed to hurt a lot, and now his head hurt and he was having trouble thinking, so maybe it was better to lie down--"F*** that!" he shouted, and ran at the monkey that hit his head. A little bump on the head never killed no one, and he was much more than no one! He was Tuff!

bm04TgJ.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users