Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hero Support Ideas

- - - - - New HERO Elemental HERO HERO

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Ultimagamer

Ultimagamer

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • 485 posts
    Last Visit 43 minutes ago

These were some support ideas I thought of around supporting the different playstyles of heroes, from elemental and destiny, all the way over to masked and vision. Being general support for heroes while also being a new sub-archetype of heroes themselves "New HERO". 

Please leave your thoughts below :D 

New HERO Monsters
New HERO Extra Deck
New HERO Spells
A Couple Elemental HERO Cards

Posted ImagePosted Image

It's So True

My Nep Card

My Best Work

How Embarassing

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 40,318 posts
    Last Visit Today, 04:24 AM
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

These were some support ideas I thought of around supporting the different playstyles of heroes, from elemental and destiny, all the way over to masked and vision. Being general support for heroes while also being a new sub-archetype of heroes themselves "New HERO". 

Please leave your thoughts below :D 

New HERO Meta-Man

Level 1 / Dark / Warrior / Effect

100 attack / 100 defense

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned, you can activate this effect: you can Normal Summon 1 “HERO” Monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set this turn. You can only use this effect of “New HERO Meta-Man” once per turn. If this card is in your GY: you can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 “HERO” Normal Monster in your GY; Special Summon that card to your field.

At least this helps to trigger Solidman and whatnot; yes, it does trigger Blaze, Stratos and Vyon, but that isn't particularly special. Other effect would be great if there were other Vanilla HEROs barring Jaden's original 4 and Neos, but we don't. 

New HERO Downburst

Level 4 / Water / Warrior / Effect

1200 attack / 800 defense

If you control a “HERO” Monster: you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only use this effect of “New HERO Downburst” once per turn. If this card is in your GY: you can banish this card and any number of “HERO” Monsters from your GY; Special Summon 1 “HERO” Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck whose Fusion Materials are that of the banished Monsters ignoring it’s Summoning Conditions ( This is treated as a Fusion Summon ).

Added field presence and a Miracle Fusion type thing helps. Evil HEROs would probably like having other avenues of summoning their stuff w/out having to go for unsearchable Fusion Cards, though wording implies that this card be included. So...you might want to clarify that if not your intention. Does make the new Fusion summonable though, so...

New HERO Plasmabolt

Level 3 / Light / Warrior / Effect

800 attack / 400 defense

If this card is in your hand: You can banish 1 “HERO” card or 1 card that works with “HERO” Monsters from your GY; Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only use this effect of “New HERO Plasmabolt” once per turn. If this card is sent to your GY for the Special Summon of a “HERO” Monster from your Extra Deck: you can target 1 of your banished “HERO” cards; add that card to your hand.

There has to be a better way to word "1 card that works with "HERO" monsters" that isn't clunky or whatever; closest is mentioning "HERO" monsters in their text, but...that excludes the sub-archetypes. Otherwise, the SS thing is fine; especially as you could just banish dead A Hero Lives or something (yes, I know AHL got hit to 1 in exchange for Stratos). Outside of its own effect of Parallel World, not sure how often you are banishing HEROs. And no, Flash isn't good.

New HERO Macroburst

Level 8 / Dark / Warrior / Fusion / Effect

2500 attack / 2000 defense

1 “New HERO” Monster + 1 Warrior-Type Monster

Must first be Fusion Summoned. Once per turn (Quick Effect): you can banish 1 “HERO” Monster from your GY then target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target. If this card is sent to your GY: you can target 1 non-Fusion and non-Link “New HERO” Monster in your GY; Special Summon that card.

This one is generally fine, even if it does require the New HEROs to be used (chances are that you will be due to them being splashable in Elemental / Destiny). Floating is okay.

Xtra HERO New World

Link 3 / Light / Warrior / Link / Effect

Link Materials: 2+ Warrior-Type Monsters

Link Markers: Bottom Left, Bottom, Bottom Right

2500 attack

This card is also treated as a FIRE, EARTH, WATER, WIND, and a DARK Monster. “HERO” cards you control cannot be destroyed by your opponent’s card effects. Once per turn: you can send 1 “HERO” Monster from your hand or Deck to your GY; add 1 “Polymerization” Spell Card, 1 “Fusion” Spell Card, or 1 “Change” Quickplay Spell card from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can only use the effect of “Xtra HERO New Word” once per turn.

This one is so much better than Dread Decimator that it's not even funny. But I do have to mention potential Shadow Mist abuse, however it's not this card's fault. However, the protection effect is somewhat concerning, given that it also protects self. Might want to make it protect other HERO cards instead.

(And yeah, make up your mind on the second effect; soft OPT or hard OPT. I know we went over this in previous reviews.)

Xtra HERO of the Elements

Link 2 / Light / Warrior / Link / Effect

Link Materials: 2 Warrior-Type Monsters

Link Markers: Bottom Left, Bottom Right

2000 attack

If this card is Link Summoned: you can reveal up to 2 HERO Fusion Monsters in your Extra Deck to Special Summon up to 3 Monsters from your hand, Deck, GY or your banished cards whose names are specifically listed on those Fusion Monsters with different names, but they cannot be used as Link Materials or Xyz Materials. You can only use this effect of “Xtra HERO of the Elements” once per turn. Once per turn, during the Main Phase or Battle Phase (quick effect): you can Fusion Summon 1 “Elemental HERO” Fusion Monster by banishing the required Fusion Materials from your hand, field, or GY.

Card seems fine for the most part, though yeah, most of the newer HERO Fusions don't require specific names. Older ones, yeah, it could work. Obvious Link abuse is obvious, so good on you for blocking that. (Nothing stopping Synchros though, but...Konami isn't giving them that path anytime soon). Second effect is fine and alleviates need for Poly/whatever; also Plasmabolt gets them back later, which is good.

Elemental HERO Fusion

Spell - Quickplay

Fusion Summon 1 “Elemental HERO” Fusion Monster by sending the required Fusion Materials from your hand and/or field to your GY and/or by sending “ HERO” Normal Monsters from your Deck to your GY. You can only send Monsters from your Deck to your GY with the effect of “Elemental HERO Fusion” once per turn.

You do need to ask yourself "what Elemental HERO Fusions are worth using nowadays besides maybe AbZero, Great Tornado (now that Stratos is free) and maybe Gaia with Solid". While it is nice to give them a FuFu of sorts (restrictions added to prevent abuse), every other E-HERO Fusion is bleh. I guess Core works if you need to. For older ones, guess it alleviates needing to actually have them on hand. (Brave Neos would probably have some fun with this, but idk)

A New City For New HEROes

Spell - Field

All “New HERO” Monsters you control gain 500 ATK. Once per turn: you can tribute 1 “HERO” Monster you control; Special Summon 1 “New HERO” Monster from your Deck with a different original name than that Monster. You cannot Summon Monsters from your Extra Deck during the turn you use this effect, except Warrior-Type Monsters. If this card in your Field Spell Zone is destroyed: you can add 1 of your banished “HERO” cards or 1 of your banished cards that works with “HERO” Monsters to your hand. You can only use each effect of “A New City for New HEROes” once per turn.

Still need more "New HERO" monsters to really work with the second effect, even if it does trigger a lot of the other stuff like Mist and whatnot. The destruction effect is kinda iffy though, least outside recovering stuff from the Link 2 or the supports for Fusion Summoning; other targets are probably AHL if you have to or Emergency Call (in terms of stuff that's actually usable right now). Also you need to decide on whether you want effects to be hard or soft OPT, because that second effect has this problem.

Some of the effects you have here are conflicting between soft and hard OPT; you need to choose 1 or the other. I know we've gone over this a few times elsewhere.

Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Ultimagamer

Ultimagamer

Spooky Member

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 485 posts

alrighty, time for some updates! 

new cards 

1. New HERO Swiftstriker 

2. New HERO Volcano Guy 

3. New HERO Super Guy 

4. New HERO Supreme Aviator 

5. New HERO Molten Designator 

6. New HERO Storm Caller 

7. New HERO Fusion 

updated cards 

1. Downburst: now must include itself for the fusion summon 

2. Xtra HERO New World + Field Spell: effects are now HOPT ( made more clear in the text )

Posted ImagePosted Image

It's So True

My Nep Card

My Best Work

How Embarassing

Ultimagamer

Ultimagamer

Spooky Member

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 485 posts

bump for edits! 

I've changed a bunch of the cards to have better interactions with the opponent as well as completing the extra deck ( 1 New HERO of each attribute and 2 link monsters ) and giving them a couple new spell cards 

Posted ImagePosted Image

It's So True

My Nep Card

My Best Work

How Embarassing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users