Plague Farmer [Written]

Listen. I don't know what I'm doing. A thought came to mind and I had to post it. Decided to post it in Casual because I have no idea what meta is.

Plague Farmer
DARK
Level 3
Zombie/Effect

If this card is Summoned: All face-up monsters on the field lose 1000 ATK, then if any monster's ATK was reduced to 0 as a result, destroy it, then draw 1 card for each monster destroyed this way.

ATK/1200 DEF/700

Dova helped with the grammar.

Maybe if I find an image I like for it I'll make it into a non-written card.

I was debating making the loss higher but 1000 seems a safe starting point. The first thought that came to mind was using it to kill off your own Monsters because I'm fond of cards that destroy your own stuff to do things but I suppose it could help get over an opponent's Monster. I don't expect it to be incredible but maybe it can do some fun things.

To be honest though, there aren't too many monsters that you'd want to trigger the stat drop on that trigger when they hit the GY or stat change. Most you'll probably use it for is just weaken up the opponent somewhat, but unless opponent either has weak stuff on the field, that's about it.

I guess if you want some casual combos that are gimmicky, yet workable, I guess there's something for this card to do. Just nothing come to mind because either the combo are obscure and require too much effort to work out, or they don't actually work the way I think they should with this (blame "because Konami said so" or other internal problems).

I would've suggested something like Ojama Trio/Duo to summon Tokens that get blown up and net you draws, said Tokens technically have 0 ATK already so they didn't necessarily become that. If Country's up in there, it reverses stats so you could probably do it, but unlikely. Probably some other cards that can force weak Tokens with stats onto the opponent's field you can blow up + plus with draw power on, but I cannot recall their names (if applicable).

This got some abuse potential IMO, starting with Black Garden xD

Still, outside of combos and set-ups, I don't see it doing too much. The card should be fine until proven guilty.

Actually... the effect has no OPT whatsoever, and as a Zombie it benefits from plenty of revival support through Mezuki, Book of Life, etc. which means... you can Summon this repeatedly in a turn to drop multiple reductions until they become pops & draws. It may be advisable to look into that.

Actually... the effect has no OPT whatsoever, and as a Zombie it benefits from plenty of revival support through Mezuki, Book of Life, etc. which means... you can Summon this repeatedly in a turn to drop multiple reductions until they become pops & draws. It may be advisable to look into that.

Hrrm....how bad would it be to allow it to pop off multiple times?

Keep in mind that Zombies do have access to various forms of revival, which Darj already mentioned. While I am not particularly certain how OFTEN it would be done on a regular basis in this era (shouldn't be on the level of Stratos / Infernity loops a few years ago), it does happen.

You could probably reduce the stat drop to 500 per Summon, or hard OPT it and keep the drop as it currently stands. Either change will neuter the card slightly and make it more reasonable to deal with. Hard OPT probably works here, but it really is up to you how to approach it.

====

I've already said this beforehand in the rules / elsewhere, but you don't have to design for the current format (power creep) in CASUAL Cards when posting. Casual is designed for you to have freedom in posting whatever you want.

Archived