Put together some cards based on my waifus, what do y'all think? First time making custom cards, so no hate please.

bignastyshrek

To create image files I'd suggest uploading them from your computer to the site http://tinypic.com/

Once you upload your image, it gives you several options to link to the image, including one specific for forum posting (it will have at the beginning and end of a link.)

For other formatting options, look at this post: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/279177-how-to-upload-an-image-and-use-it-on-a-post-manually/

It showed me how to do things like upload images (like I said above) and create "spoiler" sections (hides sections of the post until someone clicks a "Show" button), and other things. It's really helpful to look over even just really quickly.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/366306-bbcode-101-for-new-members/

This one is more streamlined and up-to-date; even with examples. Imgur works better than Tinypic though.

Anyway, one concern I do have is with Puppycat being a technical generic with 26/18 stats. Yes, we have Gol'gar with the same stats, but do remember that it requires an Alien Tuner and doesn't power up. I suppose you could modify it to require a "Waifu" monster and it'd be okay.

But given the cards are somewhat scattered, it really is hard to pinpoint a precise strategy for using them or suggesting what you can do to make them better.

And yeah, posting them on the site and including their effect text makes it easier for members to view things without jumping to other tabs (or if imgur is blocked in certain places).

I couldn't get imgur to work for some reason. Maybe my computer was just being stupid or something, I'll try again sometime when I find a reason to post something. Edit: got Imgur to work, go with that one.

As for my suggestions on these monsters, like Sakura said, my main complaint is just how all-over-the-place this archetype seems to be. I did notice some loose synergy, but it feels like you were torn between making this archetype about banished cards vs. making this archetype about graveyard cards and decided to just go with both. Some of your cards send things to the graveyard and then others benefit from having specific types of cards in the graveyard, but then there are cards that banish cards in your hand or graveyard and then interact with banished cards. I feel like it would be better to try to focus on one or the other, just to make everything work together a little more. I also noticed the synergy with your water and aqua monsters, but it kinda breaks up with the cards that rely on your opponent having water or aqua monsters. I'd suggest maybe one or two monsters that change enemy cards into water monsters, or that get summoned to the enemy's field and then change anything that was tribute summoned, synchro'd, XYZ'd, or Linked using it into a water or aqua monster, just so the other cards have something to work with.

Some of the cards made sense for the characters, though (mostly the water ones), but I don't watch enough Cartoon Network/Hangover to know exactly how well some of them work, so sorry I don't have much input on that end.

Archived