Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Disciples of the Strongest Hero: A One Punch Man RP [OoC/Waitlist/Started/PG-16]

- - - - - one punch man anime superhero action

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Otaku-sama

Otaku-sama

Remember to stay Big Money!

• Elite Members
  • 2,829 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 03:21 PM

1750631_1.jpg

IC Thread

Introduction

Players Must Read

Key Information

Rules

The Application

Current Character Roster

Character Reserves

AAAAAAND POST!

Otaku-sama

Otaku-sama

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 2,829 posts

Now the main post has readable text!

AAAAAAND POST!

Reptilious

Reptilious

Rainbow/Neos

• Rainbow Road
  • 942 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 03:08 PM
  • Spouse:ur mom

I'll have to take a proper gander at it, but I'm going to slap on this post tonight and put my app here later

EDIT: A wild app has appeared

Crackling Justice

contest thingy

driving image

pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy wen day is dark alway rember happy day

Otaku-sama

Otaku-sama

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 2,829 posts

@Reptilious Excellent, can't wait to see what you come up with!

AAAAAAND POST!

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades

• 3,677 posts
    Last Visit Today, 04:08 AM
  • Alias:Yui

May or may not post an app. No promises. In the meantime, might I suggest a Discord server for ease of communication? You seem to have been away from YCM for quite some time, but while you were away, they ended up taking over Skype chats (which in turn took over OOC threads) for quick communication and planning on the fly, which is why many of the more recent OOCs you've probably seen may seem to be mostly for app storage and major announcements.

0d7EjM3.gif

you're just a well-rounded, gatorade-drinking gif machine that looks like He-Man and Shaggy had a lovechild.

stuff I've won

Otaku-sama

Otaku-sama

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 2,829 posts

Oh, the world has changed so quickly, with the skypes and the discords and the instagrams. Damn kids get off my lawn!

But yea, thanks for the hot tip. That probably explains why the Planning forum is such a ghost town. I suppose I'll set up a Discord thing up once the RP is close to starting, so that people can co-ordinate introductions and stuff. 

AAAAAAND POST!

Aix

Aix

Spicy

• Wise Wolf

• 5,717 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Aix
  • Spouse:CowCow
A Discord earlier on usually helps facilitate discussion between potential participants on ideas for things you want to see, ideas for characters, etc.

OPM roleplay seems a bit, dunno, shakey. The source material is 95% about comedy and style, which I dunno if an RP can keep the same kind of feeling. I'll be keeping an eye on this though and will throw up an app if I have an especially cool idea.

Holosig_zps64f5cd08.jpg

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Totally not Neo

• Moderators
  • 11,701 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:26 AM
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

A Discord earlier on usually helps facilitate discussion between potential participants on ideas for things you want to see, ideas for characters, etc.

While this can be true I don't make a chat until I decide who is in it and generally add them in a few at a time depending on how I accept.

So it's really a case of can work either way.

8PBUpdp.gif

Otaku-sama

Otaku-sama

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 2,829 posts

Yea I've been working on making a Discord server already, but I plan on giving out the link once someone submits an application. So far I haven't got any takers yet, so no Discord yet.

While this can be true I don't make a chat until I decide who is in it and generally add them in a few at a time depending on how I accept.

So it's really a case of can work either way.

I agree with waiting to see whose in. I'd rather not need to watch the Discord before anyone has committed any effort. If you're just interested and have a question, they can ask it here so everyone can get that question answered.

OPM roleplay seems a bit, dunno, shakey. The source material is 95% about comedy and style, which I dunno if an RP can keep the same kind of feeling.

I really beg to differ. While the main appeal of OPM is definitely its style and comedy, it has pretty solid worldbuilding. The Hero Association has a lot of material to work with, where the internal politics can be just as intriguing and dangerous as the city destroying monsters. I've always had a soft spot for stories that have a political aspect and I've always wanted to try my hand writing my own. Plus, I think that without the style, I should be fine leaning on the comedy aspect of the show, as it is not in short supply. I mean, all the comedy could just come from me throwing the most ridiculous villains and monsters at the heroes and everyone just taking it as seriously as possible in the typical shounen style.

I'll be keeping an eye on this though and will throw up an app if I have an especially cool idea.

I hope that you'll consider joining. I am wiling to start with even 1 player, as I have a few ideas that could be done with just one hero.

AAAAAAND POST!

Reptilious

Reptilious

Rainbow/Neos

• Rainbow Road
  • 942 posts

I have update my post with the app

contest thingy

driving image

pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy wen day is dark alway rember happy day

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades

• 3,677 posts

Two For One

0d7EjM3.gif

you're just a well-rounded, gatorade-drinking gif machine that looks like He-Man and Shaggy had a lovechild.

stuff I've won

Otaku-sama

Otaku-sama

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 2,829 posts

Lucky me! Two applications in one day!

I'll have to take a proper gander at it, but I'm going to slap on this post tonight and put my app here later

EDIT: A wild app has appeared

Crackling Justice

Looking good! I like the stormy kind of hero Jack is, quite similar to Tatsumaki and Fubuki. It might even be to the point where you might get newbie crushed... Accepted! I do have two concerns though that I would like to address:

1. Jack's very low effectiveness and fighting ability combined with very high power makes me imagine that the way his powers works is mostly in a chaotic and uncontrolled way, causing massive amounts of collateral damage. If you wish to play him that way, I will warn that the more collateral damage caused while fighting crime can negatively affect reputation,which may be against his glory hound goals. I will also note that low stamina will often lead Jack to become exhausted more than the average person. Again, if you're cool with that, more power to you!
  2. Jack admires Saitama's mission to protect the weak, but is also a glory hound, running contrary to Saitama's general attitude towards fame. Is his pursuit of fame going to be played as a character flaw? I'm not going to stop you from having Jack be an unreserved glory hound, I just would also like to see how he manages to deal with the cognitive dissonance.

Two For One

With a cute raincoat like that, her popularity won't be 3 for long! She might end up being nicknamed Cute Flame or something! Accepted! 

One thing I will need to address about the water weakness. If there is a seaborne enemy, would the risk of falling in be enough to completely stop her from fighting crime? I wouldn't be opposed to reducing the effects of water on Krohka, to making him weak and unable to confer any benefit rather than completely melting away. This will reduce the possibility of Krohka being completely annihilated because they fell into a pool!

• Yui likes this

AAAAAAND POST!

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades

• 3,677 posts

With a cute raincoat like that, her popularity won't be 3 for long! She might end up being nicknamed Cute Flame or something! Accepted!

<3 I set her popularity low since she tends to bail before the media shows up and stuff, so things like interviews with Nanami would be very tough to dig up if they exist at all, and commercials and stuff with her would be basically nonexistent (not that I imagine B-class heroes - especially ones who are pretty new to the Association - would have commercials and merchandise so soon).

One thing I will need to address about the water weakness. If there is a seaborne enemy, would the risk of falling in be enough to completely stop her from fighting crime? I wouldn't be opposed to reducing the effects of water on Krohka, to making him weak and unable to confer any benefit rather than completely melting away. This will reduce the possibility of Krohka being completely annihilated because they fell into a pool!

It would for that seaborne enemy, but the way I see it is, every hero should have some type of enemy that they just outright can't fight. Superman can't fight anyone with kryptonite handy, Wolverine can't fight Magneto, etc.

0d7EjM3.gif

stuff I've won

Acastand

Acastand

• Members
  • 16 posts
    Last Visit Nov 10 2018 01:09 PM
  • Discord:Ice Queen#8971

Character Name: Artemis Francheska Ravenhart
Sex: Female
Appearance: 
Artemis wears a t-shirt sleeve shirt with a small, black leather jacket. She also wears black jeans and tennis shoes. She has black hair, violet eyes, and pale skin. She is skinny, with some muscle. Lastly, she wears black gloves with violet X's(for show).

Personality: She is a quiet girl, though she does talk. She is well mannered casually, however in a fight she acts almost insane. She isn't super-serious, as she does occasionally crack jokes(mostly puns). Artemis enjoys toying with her opponent, however, if necessary she will attempt to outright kill them. She likes helping people when she can and will do so without hesitation, as she could care less for the money.
Powers: She is able to make small shields that extend from the palm of her hands. These shields are not limited to size, however, larger sizes lower the durability of the shield. A small, round shield can take about as much twenty trucks running into it, while a large wall about the size of a one-story wall can take half that. The shields can also take shape if she wished, however, it takes longer for these to open fully, The small shield can open at around half a second.
Class: B-Class
Background: Artemis was born and had a happy life from her childhood. In her teenage years, she discovered her powers. She became somewhat gothic, yet maintaining school grades and such. After graduating high school, she got a job as a cashier at a convenience store. She didn't really care and made as best of a living as she could. She saw Mumen Rider attempt to stop a crime on TV and decided to apply for the heroes association to make a living. After being accepted, she quit her job to join.

"The sun, the moon, and the stars would have dissapears long ago... had they fallen into the predatory hands of man." -Havelock Ellis

Reptilious

Reptilious

Rainbow/Neos

• Rainbow Road
  • 942 posts
  1. Jack's very low effectiveness and fighting ability combined with very high power makes me imagine that the way his powers works is mostly in a chaotic and uncontrolled way, causing massive amounts of collateral damage. If you wish to play him that way, I will warn that the more collateral damage caused while fighting crime can negatively affect reputation,which may be against his glory hound goals. I will also note that low stamina will often lead Jack to become exhausted more than the average person. Again, if you're cool with that, more power to you!
  2. Jack admires Saitama's mission to protect the weak, but is also a glory hound, running contrary to Saitama's general attitude towards fame. Is his pursuit of fame going to be played as a character flaw? I'm not going to stop you from having Jack be an unreserved glory hound, I just would also like to see how he manages to deal with the cognitive dissonance.

1. This is a my bad on my part, I understood Fighting Ability as more "CQC" type of fighting. Although yes, in my mind high usage of his power would lead to more "chaotic" outbursts and more collateral damage, which is part of the reason why I put Power so high to represent the potential in how destructive his power can be. As for Stamina, my intention was that he'd have about the same stamina as an average person, which would lead to him tiring out more often due to electric powers. Basically I was trying to paint a picture of "high power ranged electric attacks, kinda weak on the physical front" sort of idea. I think I need to tweak the stats a bit to reflect what I was trying to go for, if you don't mind.

2. Basically yeah. The progression I had in mind would be that he becomes more humble and less attention seeking as the story continues, and he starts seeing the more virtuous and heroic side of Saitama's attitude rather than just seeing him for his massive power.

contest thingy

driving image

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde

Dressed up Dragon

• Hero
  • 6,443 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 08:24 PM
  • Alias:Hydreigon
Muay Tie

jXKJJoh.gif

The Past is a Cyber Dino

Aix

Aix

Spicy

• Wise Wolf

• 5,717 posts
    Last Visit
I s'pose I should get started on something.

WIP - Do not look

Edited by Aix, 07 October 2018 - 04:30 PM.

Holosig_zps64f5cd08.jpg

Otaku-sama

Otaku-sama

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 2,829 posts

Character Name: Artemis Francheska Ravenhart
Sex: Female
Appearance: 
Artemis wears a t-shirt sleeve shirt with a small, black leather jacket. She also wears black jeans and tennis shoes. She has black hair, violet eyes, and pale skin. She is skinny, with some muscle. Lastly, she wears black gloves with violet X's(for show).

Personality: She is a quiet girl, though she does talk. She is well mannered casually, however in a fight she acts almost insane. She isn't super-serious, as she does occasionally crack jokes(mostly puns). Artemis enjoys toying with her opponent, however, if necessary she will attempt to outright kill them. She likes helping people when she can and will do so without hesitation, as she could care less for the money.
Powers: She is able to make small shields that extend from the palm of her hands. These shields are not limited to size, however, larger sizes lower the durability of the shield. A small, round shield can take about as much twenty trucks running into it, while a large wall about the size of a one-story wall can take half that. The shields can also take shape if she wished, however, it takes longer for these to open fully, The small shield can open at around half a second.
Class: B-Class
Background: Artemis was born and had a happy life from her childhood. In her teenage years, she discovered her powers. She became somewhat gothic, yet maintaining school grades and such. After graduating high school, she got a job as a cashier at a convenience store. She didn't really care and made as best of a living as she could. She saw Mumen Rider attempt to stop a crime on TV and decided to apply for the heroes association to make a living. After being accepted, she quit her job to join.

I don't think I can accept this application right now. I think it requires some more work. First off, why did you black out some text? It was just annoying, I had to highlight the text to read it. Here's a list of things I will need to see changed before I can accept.

1. Artemis' appearance needs some more expanding upon or an image reference. Right now, I don't have a clear image in my head on what she looks like. Some questions that you may want to answer to help expand on her appearance: "Does she have any distinguishing marks?" "Is she taller or shorter than the average person?" "How does she carry herself as she walks the street?"
  2. You will need to choose a clearer personality for Artemis. Right now, the personality you wrote for her doesn't have a clear direction and appears to be trying to do everything at once. She's quiet, but talks. She's prim and proper, but is savage in a fight. She's sadistic, yet enjoys helping people. I don't mind a character who contradicts themselves sometimes, but I don't think you can make a good character entirely out of contradictions.
  3. You did not fill out the Hero Rating, so I'm not really sure how Artemis fights. I know she can summon barriers, but does she have any other powers that set her apart from the average person? Even things like being stronger and faster needs to be listed in the powers section. I ask you to either fill out the Hero Rating section or to greatly expand on her Powers section and list every single thing she does better than the average person.

Your application does have some good qualities such that I would really like to see you keep working on your application. The barrier power is super interesting and has many potential applications. Her link to Mumen Rider in her background is elegant and simple, just what I was looking for. Maybe throw in a reference to Saitama as well to fit with the theme of the RP.

Muay Tie

I did warn in the rules that A-class heroes will be held to a much higher standard than other classes, so please don't take it personally when I say that I can't accept this application right now. My concerns are listed below.

1. The overall theme of bloody vengeance is too grim for what I'm going for this RP. I don't mind Daigo wanting to distance himself from his brutal training as a child, but I don't feel that his quest to destroy the regime that put him through hell is something that fits the theme of the RP.
  2. I'm confused by the mention of masochism in the personality section. Are you trying to say that Daigo enjoys being injured, or that he enjoys injuring others? It wasn't referenced elsewhere and I was wondering if you confused masochism with sadism.
  3. You said in the Powers section that Daigo is not explicitly supernatural and is just in great shape, but then go on to say that he is able to teleport, harness the elements and carries a 2-ton tie everywhere? He certainly sounds supernatural to me! Also, I think his powers are too broad, being able to be a powerful brawler while also being naturally stealthy and having elemental control. I think you need to focus into one of his current aspects. I really like the idea of a hero names "Muay Tie", so perhaps you should consider dropping the ninja powers and focusing his powers in Muay Thai. Perhaps his shin and elbow strikes are powerful enough to fire out pressure waves to assault distant foes? 

Please let me know what you choose to do with your application. If you need to bounce ideas off me, please do so. I want to accept your application and I'm willing to help you make it so I can!

I s'pose I should get started on something.

WIP - Do not look

I'll take this as a reservation. Duly noted.

AAAAAAND POST!

Aix

Aix

Spicy

• Wise Wolf

• 5,717 posts
    Last Visit
None of the ninjas in One-Punch Man are treated as supernatural really. I'm pretty sure that's what Hyde means.

Holosig_zps64f5cd08.jpg

Otaku-sama

Otaku-sama

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • 2,829 posts

None of the ninjas in One-Punch Man are treated as supernatural really. I'm pretty sure that's what Hyde means.

I suppose that's true. It's splitting hairs I guess. That wasn't my main concern for that part though.

AAAAAAND POST!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users