Photo

Disciples of the Strongest Hero: A One Punch Man RP [OoC/Waitlist/Started/PG-16]

* - - - - 1 votes one punch man anime superhero action

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Aix

Aix

Spicy

• Wise Wolf
  • 5,722 posts
    Last Visit May 03 2019 03:02 AM
  • Alias:Aix
  • Spouse:CowCow
Finished writing my ability if you want to look it over. Will finish the rest of it later this week.

Holosig_zps64f5cd08.jpg

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde

Dressed up Dragon

• Hero
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,468 posts
    Last Visit Jun 15 2019 09:36 PM
  • Alias:Hydreigon

1. The overall theme of bloody vengeance is too grim for what I'm going for this RP. I don't mind Daigo wanting to distance himself from his brutal training as a child, but I don't feel that his quest to destroy the regime that put him through hell is something that fits the theme of the RP.
  2. I'm confused by the mention of masochism in the personality section. Are you trying to say that Daigo enjoys being injured, or that he enjoys injuring others? It wasn't referenced elsewhere and I was wondering if you confused masochism with sadism.
  3. You said in the Powers section that Daigo is not explicitly supernatural and is just in great shape, but then go on to say that he is able to teleport, harness the elements and carries a 2-ton tie everywhere? He certainly sounds supernatural to me! Also, I think his powers are too broad, being able to be a powerful brawler while also being naturally stealthy and having elemental control. I think you need to focus into one of his current aspects. I really like the idea of a hero names "Muay Tie", so perhaps you should consider dropping the ninja powers and focusing his powers in Muay Thai. Perhaps his shin and elbow strikes are powerful enough to fire out pressure waves to assault distant foes? 

1.  I mean there are other players in the OPM universe out for revenge (I.E. Genos), but sure, it's not for this specific world I suppose.  I changed his backstory entirely to fit more in line with a martial artist.

2. I forgot to change that part to Sadistic.  I mixed the two words up and forgot to replace that one.  

3. What I had in mind was more along the lines of Bang and Suiryu.  I wouldn't think there powers are supernatural, I.E. Telekinesis or anything.  And I did drop the Ninja Powers entirely.  I feel you're right in saying I should focus on one aspect and roll with that.  I guess I was just trying to make his movepool really diverse, but I can see what you were talking about.

With all that said, my app has been edited to try and meet the A rank standard.  

jXKJJoh.gif

The Past is a Cyber Dino

ChampionZero

ChampionZero

I have the blood of Spartans and Legionaries! BRING IT!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
    Last Visit Feb 17 2019 11:08 PM

Alrighty, it's been a while since my last RP here and I feel like playing the hero for once. Here we go!

Sunshine Boy

"Semper Ad Meliora"

Always On To Greater Things

"Illegitimis Non Carborundum"

Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

If You Want Peace, Prepare For War

"Veritas Nunquam Perit"

Truth Never Dies

"Familia Ante Omnia"

Family Above All

"Non Desistas, Non Exieris"

Never Give Up, Never Surrender

"Atrox Melior Dulcissima Veritas Mendaciis"

The Bitter Truth Is Better Than The Sweetest Lies

"Beatti Bellicosi"

Blessed Are The Warriors

Otaku-sama

Otaku-sama

Remember to stay Big Money!

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts
    Last Visit Dec 27 2018 01:11 PM

1.  I mean there are other players in the OPM universe out for revenge (I.E. Genos), but sure, it's not for this specific world I suppose.  I changed his backstory entirely to fit more in line with a martial artist.

2. I forgot to change that part to Sadistic.  I mixed the two words up and forgot to replace that one.  

3. What I had in mind was more along the lines of Bang and Suiryu.  I wouldn't think there powers are supernatural, I.E. Telekinesis or anything.  And I did drop the Ninja Powers entirely.  I feel you're right in saying I should focus on one aspect and roll with that.  I guess I was just trying to make his movepool really diverse, but I can see what you were talking about.

With all that said, my app has been edited to try and meet the A rank standard.  

I can understand the comparison between Daigo and Genos, but Genos has not shown any sadistic tendencies. Getting revenge is one thing, but going out and destroying and torturing an entire organization is another, something that I'd rather not go in an otherwise lighthearted RP.

Other than that, I think the edited Daigo should be good enough for A tier. 

Finished writing my ability if you want to look it over. Will finish the rest of it later this week.

I really like the shadow diving ability! It is really perfect for a high potential C-class hero, which is exactly what I was hoping C-class heroes to be! Also, what is stopping her from just getting some SCUBA gear and just hanging out in the Shadow sea for hours?

Alrighty, it's been a while since my last RP here and I feel like playing the hero for once. Here we go!

Sunshine Boy

I do like the idea of a hero not entirely in control of their power, I will still need to know exactly what his abilities do, at least as the position of the RP host. If you want the exact extent of his abilities secret, you can PM me, but before I can accept I will need know what you have in mind.

AAAAAAND POST!

Aix

Aix

Spicy

• Wise Wolf
  • 5,722 posts
    Last Visit May 03 2019 03:02 AM
  • Alias:Aix
  • Spouse:CowCow

It's hard to carry scuba diving gear around and hard to move on land with it. She also can't really jump out of the water with scuba gear easily to pull people down. And as a highschool girl whose family is in a tough financial situation, she can't afford scuba gear either much less sophisticated custom fighting gear with an air tank.

C Rank lyfe is tough. Hopefully she will get upgrades in the future.

Holosig_zps64f5cd08.jpg

(GigaDrillBreaker)

(GigaDrillBreaker)

Omniscient

• Ace Investigator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,370 posts
    Last Visit Mar 06 2019 09:00 AM
  • Alias:(parenthesis)
  • Spouse:cinnamon
fuck it, I'll throw something up tomorrow.

Otaku-sama

Otaku-sama

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts

It's hard to carry scuba diving gear around and hard to move on land with it. She also can't really jump out of the water with scuba gear easily to pull people down. And as a highschool girl whose family is in a tough financial situation, she can't afford scuba gear either much less sophisticated custom fighting gear with an air tank.

C Rank lyfe is tough. Hopefully she will get upgrades in the future.

Ah, that makes sense. I definitely think that a magi-science portable rebreather is in her future!

fuck it, I'll throw something up tomorrow.

Excellent, I'm eager to see what you come up with.

AAAAAAND POST!

Super Chaos Sonic

Super Chaos Sonic

Run, Sonic Run!

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,602 posts
    Last Visit Aug 15 2019 03:32 PM

-Here Comes a New Challenger-

Howdy. YCM's Typecast Shonen Protagonist, at your service! ;D

I'll Be Your Shield

)e//!s0P

)e//!s0P

Destroyer of RP's

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
    Last Visit Jun 26 2019 09:55 AM
Got a character consept, whatever.
The Doctor is IN

Posted Image

Otaku-sama

Otaku-sama

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts

Oh boy! Another double!

-Here Comes a New Challenger-

Howdy. YCM's Typecast Shonen Protagonist, at your service! ;D

I'll Be Your Shield

What an impressive application! It definitely shows the effort you put into it! I can really appreciate the contrast between him and his idol Bofoi. Similar in methods but drastically different in commitment. I'll have to plan something about that...

Anyways, you're pretty much accepted. The only thing I'd like you to expand here is the full capabilities of Pridwen. How fast, how durable and the range is pretty much what I'm looking for. Is it straight up indestructible like Captain America's? 

Got a character concept, whatever.

The Doctor is IN

Arrgh! Why do people keep blacking out text?! 

Other than that, this looks like an otherwise solid application. I do, however, need to know more specifics of her psychic abilities. Telekinesis is fine, but what is the heaviest object she can lift? Is she particularly dexterous with it? Mind reading is well enough. The crystal control is interesting, but I will need more expanding upon that. What exactly does crystal control entail? Can she rapidly grow crystals from her glasses? Does it only affect naturally forming crystals (i.e. not glass)? Does she carrying around a bag of salt as a weapon? Also, you mentioned that her glasses and her ring are focii for her abilities, but to what extent can she control her powers without it?

Also, a reference to Saitama and any possible influences would be appreciated.

AAAAAAND POST!

Super Chaos Sonic

Super Chaos Sonic

Run, Sonic Run!

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,602 posts
    Last Visit Aug 15 2019 03:32 PM

Oh boy! Another double!

What an impressive application! It definitely shows the effort you put into it! I can really appreciate the contrast between him and his idol Bofoi. Similar in methods but drastically different in commitment. I'll have to plan something about that...

Anyways, you're pretty much accepted. The only thing I'd like you to expand here is the full capabilities of Pridwen. How fast, how durable and the range is pretty much what I'm looking for. Is it straight up indestructible like Captain America's?

Firstly, thank you. I'll be truthful though, I was a bit hesitant do anything since I haven't 100% seen too much OPM. However, quick research fits here and there do help out a lot. Gotta love a cram session lol.

In regards to the capabilities of Pridwen, I figured I needed to expand more on this area. I'll most definitely do my best to fix this up post-haste.

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
    Last Visit

still a WIP, let me know if there's anything it needs

The Nightmare Hero

Insanity.

宇佐見 蓮子@C94

宇佐見 蓮子@C94

星降る夜のユートピア

• 千本桜
  • 3,304 posts
    Last Visit Aug 01 2019 04:15 AM
  • Discord:Toyo#5410
  • Alias:Toyo
  • Spouse:Nai and an Airsoft model of an Arctic Warfare Magnum
Sometimes you just wanna make one big Bungou Stray Dogs reference

Posted Image

Otaku-sama

Otaku-sama

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts

Firstly, thank you. I'll be truthful though, I was a bit hesitant do anything since I haven't 100% seen too much OPM. However, quick research fits here and there do help out a lot. Gotta love a cram session lol.

In regards to the capabilities of Pridwen, I figured I needed to expand more on this area. I'll most definitely do my best to fix this up post-haste.

Just watch the show! It's really worth a watch. It's very self aware and has amazing animation! Please let me know when you update your app so I can update your app on the main post.

A Villainous Hero?

The hero rating you gave Damian doesn't seem to reflect the personality, background and power you wrote. Having a 10 in justice would almost certainly be reflected somewhere in his background and even his powers. Mumen Rider, who is one of the only heroes with a 10 justice rating, is legendarily dedicated to the pursuit of justice, manifesting as an Unbreakable Will that allowed him to keep fighting Deep Sea King despite being tossed around by the creature.

Also, he has a rather high fighting ability, but doesn't seem to have any powers that reflect any kind of training that would give him such a rating.

I'm not too big of a fan of his power, as it could easily affect fellow heroes and force the player to change how their character acts. I understand that most RP players don't appreciate other players prescribing how their characters should act. The only way to make this power less disruptive for other players would be to neuter it to the point where it wouldn't be very effective for anything.

Right now, I can't accept Damian.

Sometimes you just wanna make one big Bungou Stray Dogs reference

I'm not sure what you're referencing, but I'll have to give it a watch sometime then! This one seems pretty air tight! Her power is quite unique with clear limitations, I like it. Accepted!

AAAAAAND POST!

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

One Thing

• Moderators
  • 11,870 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

I might make an app. There's some things holding me back (besides the whole...in so many RPs thing)

1. I don't want to spoil myself on the stuff beyond the first season of the anime and don't really want to read the manga just to understand an RP

2. The idea I had has a character whose powers would be very harmful to a human body and would need to know if having something like that would be a bad fit for the RP you want to tell.

Also Toyo I think your app broke the thread formatting.

8PBUpdp.gif

Otaku-sama

Otaku-sama

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts

I might make an app. There's some things holding me back (besides the whole...in so many RPs thing)

1. I don't want to spoil myself on the stuff beyond the first season of the anime and don't really want to read the manga just to understand an RP

2. The idea I had has a character whose powers would be very harmful to a human body and would need to know if having something like that would be a bad fit for the RP you want to tell.

Also Toyo I think your app broke the thread formatting.

1. The only things that will be based off the manga will be the Hero Rating system, which I only know without the context it was presented in, and Fubuki and her crew, which I also only know without context. Fubuki has been spoiled for a while since she's been very popular in fan art. Other than that, I will be mostly going for an original story with very little interaction with the canon and canon characters.
  2. Well, most of the characters here have powers that are very harmful to the human body when applied correctly! Please share your idea and we can go from there.

AAAAAAND POST!

VCR_CAT

VCR_CAT

Video Cassette Kitteh

• Omnic
  • 2,857 posts
    Last Visit Jan 23 2019 07:53 PM
  • Spouse:Pizza

MIDAS

PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA

giphy.gif

u8g1mOv.jpg

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

One Thing

• Moderators
  • 11,870 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

With the help of (Mizzet) the issue is fixed.

Had to edit in a newly formatted app for Toyo's character (if there's anything missing let me know) and replace the old one (including the one in Otaku's quote). And I had to entirely remove the accepted app section because it was fucked. So you'll have to replace that, Otaku.

@宇佐見 蓮子@C94

Try not to bold everything and don't just copy/paste directly into YCM. It doesn't like that very much. (Also [img=] can be an iffy coding for the site as well)

Anyway, I'll have my app up today or tomorrow.

8PBUpdp.gif

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
    Last Visit

The Nightmare Hero

made some changes, still working on the HR though

Insanity.

)e//!s0P

)e//!s0P

Destroyer of RP's

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
    Last Visit Jun 26 2019 09:55 AM

Got a character consept, whatever.

The Doctor is IN

Updated, reworked abilities, gave her some limits. Just let me know if anything else needs to be reworked.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users