Pre-halloween AMA

(GigaDrillBreaker)

I'm wanting to cosplay as Orgoth the Relentless. For the blue skin I was thinking of just wearing a blue shirt and trousers. What do you think I should make the armour out of?

[spoiler=Orgoth]orgoth_the_relentless_by_yugi_master-dcf

You're going to want a headless zentai, much more form-fitting.

As for the armor, I'd personally make it out of fiberglass, but that is out of reach for most people so I'm going to recommend EVA foam, sealed with plasti-dip spray and painted with a metallic purple rattlecan (alternatively a chrome finish with translucent purple layered on top). There are tons of tutorials for such armor, from YouTube to the replica prop forum. Though I doubt you'll find something for this specific build, there are plenty of proofs of concept that could be adapted, something similar to Reinhardt's Valkyrie Armor would probably be really instructive.

Cosplay advice from you, since you actually are pretty awesome at it from what you've shown: after I did my version of Scarlet Spider for a convention (I believe I showed you this), I had an idea to go for a MHA cosplay next. I mentioned before I wanted to go Deku with his Temporary Costume from the USJ. However, a new suggestion came to me.

[spoiler=The two options I have before me...]

4J1I03F.pngFV2QYIk.png

These are the two options I have at the moment. Between them, which one do you think would best fit me in cosplay and how would I go about working towards the designing phase for the cosplay?

Denki is overdone these days. Not to say deku is rare, but this specific costume is pretty rad.

As for desiging, you'll need:

Gym outfit (purchasable)

Red hightops (arguably the most important thing here)

Gloves (most difficult part I'd say but they could probably be built up from some kind of welding gloves or similar work gloves)

Kneepads (purchasable)

The neckpiece could be heat formed from medium-gauge acrylic or clear styrene. Then tape it and do several things coats of black duplicolor vinyl and fabric dye

Denki is overdone these days. Not to say deku is rare, but this specific costume is pretty rad.

As for desiging, you'll need:

Gym outfit (purchasable)

Red hightops (arguably the most important thing here)

Gloves (most difficult part I'd say but they could probably be built up from some kind of welding gloves or similar work gloves)

Kneepads (purchasable)

The neckpiece could be heat formed from medium-gauge acrylic or clear styrene. Then tape it and do several things coats of black duplicolor vinyl and fabric dye

To be completely honest, I actually figured you were going to end up saying the Denki idea was better for this instead of Deku since that's a normal thing. But yeah, with many people running with Costume Alpha to Gamma, I figured I at least go the route of the Temporary, since it's something not usually seen.

Most of that stuff (save the kneepads, albeit they being skateboard kneepads) I'd need to find a way to get. Though with the red hightop shoes, how would you suggest going about finding a pair? Is it just easier to go for a pair of Chuck Taylor Converse red hightops or are there locations to actually find some similar to Deku's?

To be completely honest, I actually figured you were going to end up saying the Denki idea was better for this instead of Deku since that's a normal thing. But yeah, with many people running with Costume Alpha to Gamma, I figured I at least go the route of the Temporary, since it's something not usually seen.

Most of that stuff (save the kneepads, albeit they being skateboard kneepads) I'd need to find a way to get. Though with the red hightop shoes, how would you suggest going about finding a pair? Is it just easier to go for a pair of Chuck Taylor Converse red hightops or are there locations to actually find some similar to Deku's?

converse are used often.

I'd argue too often, because they really don't look right.

If you find something with the right look, but wrong color, then you can shift the color using Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric in red. Seriously, I will never recommend a paint line higher than I do Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric.

converse are used often.

I'd argue too often, because they really don't look right.

If you find something with the right look, but wrong color, then you can shift the color using Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric in red. Seriously, I will never recommend a paint line higher than I do Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric.

Okay...no Converse, gotcha. Save that for other ideas then lol....and Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric in red. Gotcha. Gonna definitely have to bookmark this page now because of these helpful tips and whatnot lol

What's the next cosplay you have planned?

Annnnnnd I'll also throw a non-cosplay question your way too: what were your thoughts on the Superior Spider-Man storyline?

What's the next cosplay you have planned?

I currently have no public cosplay plans.

Annnnnnd I'll also throw a non-cosplay question your way too: what were your thoughts on the Superior Spider-Man storyline?

really interesting idea, but I wasn't the fondest of the execution, moreso for just how long it all went.

I'm sure you've seen a lot of good cosplays. Have a favorite? What was it?

kV0OsLT.jpg

Shigaraki Tomura by @ainturwaifu on Instagram.

Since I didn't quite get an answer in the last two AMAs I asked this in:

Would you consider (non-FTK) Mayakashi a banish deck in any capacity, and if so, to what extent?

I don't believe in deck classifications in Yu-Gi-Oh

How well do you think the 5 colors of MtG cover the basis of what makes a person? And what is it missing?

I genuinely believe there isn't a big gap, but Black's pragmatism is often underplayed.

The biggest flaw in using them to describe people is the lack of acknowledgement that any half-decent character, may they be real or fictional, is all five colors. The trick is figuring out not where they lie, but where they lean.

Archived