TXVF34b.jpg

Danger!? Tsuchinoko?

Level 3/DARK/Reptile/Effect

You can reveal this card in your hand; your opponent randomly chooses 1 card from your entire hand, then you discard the chosen card. Then, if the discarded card was not “Danger!? Tsuchinoko?”, Special Summon 1 “Danger!? Tsuchinoko?” from your hand, and if you do, draw 1 card. If this card is discarded: You can Special Summon this card (Hard OPT).

ATK/1300 DEF/0

uHlAops.jpg

Danger! Mothman!

Level 4/DARK/Insect/Effect

You can reveal this card in your hand; your opponent randomly chooses 1 card from your entire hand, then you discard the chosen card. Then, if the discarded card was not “Danger! Mothman!”, Special Summon 1 “Danger! Mothman!” from your hand, and if you do, draw 1 card. If this card is discarded: You can have both players draw 1 card, then both players discard 1 card (Hard OPT).

ATK/1800 DEF/400

1zffpwb.jpg

Danger! Dogman!

Level 7/DARK/Beast-Warrior/Effect

You can reveal this card in your hand; your opponent randomly chooses 1 card from your entire hand, then you discard the chosen card. Then, if the discarded card was not “Danger! Dogman!”, Special Summon 1 “Danger! Dogman!” from your hand, and if you do, draw 1 card. If this card is discarded: You can have all face-up monsters your opponent currently controls lose 1000 ATK until the end of this turn (Hard OPT).

ATK/2400 DEF/1000

1eFi57W.jpg

Danger! Response Team

Normal Spell

Target 1 "Danger!" monster you control and 1 monster on the field: return them to the hand. If this card is in the GY: you can discard 1 "Danger!" monster; place this card on the bottom of the Deck, then draw 1 card. Each effect hard OPT.

cyrP69n.jpg

Second Expedition into Danger!

Continuous Trap

Discard 1 card, then target 1 "Danger!" monster you control; it gains 500 ATK/DEF until the end of this turn. If this card is in the GY: you can discard 1 "Danger!" monster; place this card on the bottom of the Deck, then draw 1 card. Each effect hard OPT.

I mean these are great and all but I'm just getting Kaiju vibes all over again like is it just me or do these feel the same for some reason

Nice expansion if basic effects, with Tsuchi you've got easy fielding now.

Danger! Tsuchinoko! is legitimately amazing, even with a (too) small Danger engine one still gets to field something. (especially for something like Phantom Knights and Burning Abyss)

If this card in the worst case is a generic Backup Secretary, then it is simply good.

Danger! Mothman! is bad if you play against anything like Dark World/Danger/Fabled/etc the effect is a simply +-0 which helps both players (I do not like that at all).

This might definitely is the by far worst Danger and I wonder why anyone would ever play it, the only thing that could make up for this would be if it would be thunder type, yet that is not the case.

Danger! Dogman! also has an awful discard effect, yet this one at the very least does something and it being Level 7 makes up for that effect (cough* Tomahawk cough*).

The Spell and the Trap are useful, as one might expect these want to be discarded, so that they can go for their Graveyard +1 effect, in which case I still do not see anyone running them outside of a pure build.

With these a pure build is possible (yes I know, there is no reason to ever weaken yourself by not using them as enablers, yet the archtype should have the option).

So tsuchinoko? is a guaranteed +0 summon in any deck.

It's also searchable by Kingremlin, but this is the less relevant of my two observations.

Also very easy to play with Jackalope, which makes for a decent 6-card engine that's pretty easy to splash. So long as you have cards you like in the grave, it should be good to run. It's pretty much exactly the card that needed to happen for this engine to work; something that's great on its own whether discarded itself or another card, regardless of how many Danger!s you run, which in turn makes Jackalope a lot better to use because now you have one more Danger! name in case it discards itself.

So are they just deciding what 1 card they can make archetypes out of now?  Seriously, this Danger! stuff is "dark world dealings" the deck, and Thunder dragon is self explanatory.

At any rate, no wonder Tsuchinoko is secret, he's the best effect out of them all.  I can see some people using the first effect of the spell card, but not the trap by a long shot.  But damn do they make me want to run foolish burial goods in the deck.  

Is the trap's grave effect SS2?  That might help the more disruptive Dangers to go off at more opportune times, or it could help you trigger progressive effects during your opponent's turn to get around the monsters' HOPTs.  It could be worth using for that aspect as a 1-of, maybe?

Is the trap's grave effect SS2?  That might help the more disruptive Dangers to go off at more opportune times, or it could help you trigger progressive effects during your opponent's turn to get around the monsters' HOPTs.  It could be worth using for that aspect as a 1-of, maybe?

That's what I'm thinking of with Second Expedition into Danger!-its horrid for what it offers the TARGET,  but great for what it offers the ARCHETYPE-Spell Speed 2 insta-resolution of effects to disrupt the opponent without risking losing your whole hand, like with Danger! Zone. 

Floating justifies the Spells/Traps' existence tho, Mothman is a damned meme masquerading as a Archetype Looter, Wolfman opens up access to so much stuff being a DARK Level 7 (Dark Grepher, Tomahawk) monster and Tsuchinoko's gonna become the Tour Guide of 2018. 

Let's put down some numbers for these then. 

Tsuchinoko: 8.9

Mothman: 6.2

Wolfman: 6.8

Danger! Response: 7.0

Second Expedition into Danger!: 7.0

I'm a big fan of Dangers in Cubics, a deck that ran Dark World Dealings with some success back in the day (Cubics' Spells/Traps have neat in-GY effects) and CraneMonk made a good point about them being DWD the deck/the archetype/the movie/the boardgame. Mothman actually has a great amount of upside for Cubics, being able to facilitate rank 4 plays in tandem with Summoner Monk/Duza as well as providing a DWD when discarded off Twin Twisters or a Knightmare. Am also a big fan of it being a Super Rare, because poverty. Will likely pick up 3. Having that extra Utopia the Lightning on board is pretty great when you're trying to OTK. 

Tsuchimoko is a Recurring Nightmare target (alongside Vijam and Crimson Nova), though there's not quite as much to be done with a Level 3 as with a Level 4 Mothman/Chupacabra summoned off Jackalope. It'll also cost between four to five times the loonies of Jackalope, an unattractive feature to be sure. Hope to be able to get one as having more Danger names is helpful and this gives you a Link Material to work with and ladder up to 4 with the Duza-Unification loop. 

Thunderbird's 2800 ATK and sniping of Set cards is at its best in a going second OTK deck, though it feels bad targeting a Set card only for it to be flipped up, especially if it's a Continuous floodgate. Still, it can remove the odd facedown Defense Position monster as well, and could be a potential side card in our Danger Cube if we happen to pull one (at present it's commanding a thunderous 49.99USD on trollandtoad pre-sales and pre-sold out at that price, which doesn't bode well for acquiring it before MP19.)

Dogman is mostly a lesser beatstick than Bigfoot or Thunderbird at under a tenth of the price, but it's also Level 7 which alongside Nessie can help those decks that like going for Galaxy Tomahawk do so a bit more often as well as make that an option for Danger-heavy decks. Probably the worst of a good lot, but the price is right. 

Cool cards, to be sure. 

Archived