[Written] Xtra HERO Brave Brawler

Thomas★Zero

Xtra HERO Brave Brawler

LIGHT

Link: D

Warrior/Link/Effect

1 Level 8 or lower "HERO" monster

While theirs a "HERO" monster in a zone this card points to, this card cannot be targeted for attacks or your opponents card effects. When a "HERO" monster is summoned to a zone this card points to: increase this card and the summoned monsters ATK by 800. When this card is sent to the GY, Special Summon 1 Level 8 or lower "HERO" monster from your GY ignoring its summoning conditions. You can only activate each effect of "Xtra HERO Brave Brawler" once per turn.

ATK/800 LINK-1

So Brave Brawler is a Link 1 HERO monster that has protection when linked to a HERO and grants itself and HERO monsters summoned to the zone it points to 800 ATK and finally when it is sent to the grave allows you to get a HERO monster from your grave back to the field including the Elemental HERO Fusions as it bypasses summoning conditions.

In HERO's one of the most effective combos this would have is with Absolute Zero as you can Link Absolute into this and destroy all of their monsters where you can then ladder this up and get the Absolute Zero you used to summon Brave back to the field.

Specifying a level 8 or lower seems a bit bizarre, as the grand majority are level 4. It just doesn't seem necessary to point out 8 or lower, but maybe I'm missing something.

It being a small Link is fun, and gives you a Link from a single Mali to go off. It being untargrtable while you have another is cool, and makes sense. For a Link 1 the final effect is busted. If goes off when it's just Sent to the GY, which makes it live after another Link Summon. I'd personally change it to "when destroyed by battle or card effect" for such an easy to summon Link. If it was maybe a Link 3 that has to require HEROs, that'd be a little more fair in my opinion.

Specifying a level 8 or lower seems a bit bizarre, as the grand majority are level 4. It just doesn't seem necessary to point out 8 or lower, but maybe I'm missing something.

It being a small Link is fun, and gives you a Link from a single Mali to go off. It being untargrtable while you have another is cool, and makes sense. For a Link 1 the final effect is busted. If goes off when it's just Sent to the GY, which makes it live after another Link Summon. I'd personally change it to "when destroyed by battle or card effect" for such an easy to summon Link. If it was maybe a Link 3 that has to require HEROs, that'd be a little more fair in my opinion.

To be fair, HEROs do have a Link 3 that requires just that, but it legitimately sucks. (See Dread Decimator.)

Given what he's posted in the past, idea is probably to revive the Extra Deck monsters like Masked HEROs and whatnot (AbZero, etc) after they get used as material, given their Nomi conditions and stuff on most of them [barring D-HERO Dangerous and Dystopia]. As for the last effect, there's the issue of going into Isolde / Wonder Driver in HEROs; mostly the former due to Link Arrows and obviously reviving something like Dark Law and whatnot (which I just noted).

Another option would be to negating the effect of the monster it summons or preventing it from being used as ladder material. Changing the trigger to destruction removal (or not sending it to the GY for a Summon) would also work. Or make the summon condition and SS effect Level 4 and under; least you can still float back Stratos or whatever.

At the end of the day though, it's really up to Zero whether he makes any changes to the last effect, as other two are generally okay (even with hard OPT).  

Archived