CLASH OF TITANS  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Mario vs Zelda: Majora's Mask

• Super Mario 64
    • LoZ: Majora's Mask

Really tough call on this one. I've never been a huge Mario guy for singleplayer stuff, mostly doing Party and the newer ones with friends, but the sheer amount of times I was awed in Majora's Mask takes the cake, even if I did play it many years after when it was actually sold.

Majora's Mask for me.

I just keep going back to the game. The replayability of it is insane due to the time mechanic. Every now and then I went back to the game and beat the bosses or a dungeon again, without the need of truly restarting a file. At first I was bummed about the mechanic and felt the countdown would put too much pressure on my quest, but it actually didn't, and on the few instances that timing was involved, it made things more exciting (e.g. Couple Mask quest).

I really like Majora's Mask. It's amazing and improved on Ocarina of Time, which was also amazing for its time. Though Mido has a point for Super Mario 64, as it really did inspire every other game that came afterward, including the impressive Odyssey. And I really enjoyed that game as well, so might just abstain this round too.

Archived