[SAST] Sunburn the Flaming Calamity

DotXkoYU4AAJRjl.jpg

Sunburn the Flaming Calamity
Level 8 FIRE Fairy Effect Monster
2600 ATK / 200 DEF
-You can only use this card name's effect once per turn.
(1) If a face-up FIRE monster(s) you control is destroyed by battle or an opponent's card effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, then you can inflict damage to your opponent, equal to half the ATK of 1 of those FIRE monsters in your GY.

Am surprised nobodies noticed its a FIRE monster with 200 DEF which means it can be summoned off Rekindling. Also I have a strong feeling that Flaming Calamity might be this sets World Legacy theme (in addition to it being the 7th as well regarding lore that their are support to be 7 World Legacy parts if am correct.)

Still the fact it can just jump out and deal damage when any FIRE monster of yours is destroyed is really good and makes me curious if this will have a number of its monsters with 200 DEF.

I noticed the 200 DEF, as if Rekindling was still doing stuff xD

inb4 it moves up in the next banlist.

Anyway, not looking good. Effect destruction depends on the opponent, and 2600 ATK isn't so scary. If it could trigger on your own destructions, they it my have had a chance. IMO its only hope is being part of an archetype.

Also I have a strong feeling that Flaming Calamity might be this sets World Legacy theme (in addition to it being the 7th as well regarding lore that their are support to be 7 World Legacy parts if am correct.)

Nope. It's in the wrong place.

World Legacy-related archetypes tend to be located in between the anime stuff and the legacy support.

We currently have a 5-card gap between T.G. Tank Larva (SAST-011) and Shiranui Spectralsword of Sunset (SAST-017) that is most likely the 4 archetypal World Legacy Main Deck monsters and the next World Legacy monster.

This is SAST-028, though it might be the boss of its own series or something. It's where all of the other random stuff between the Main Deck and Extra Deck cards are, since Trickstar Band Sweet Guitar is SAST-033.

It seems a bit outdated. It would have been fun and powerful back in another time.

Right now I just remember again how Gorz and the Token could never stay on the field for the full turn whenever they dropped, and that's a 2700 beater and a Token that often could be 3k+

I like how this is a Trade-In and Rekindling target I could bring out with Firedog, but it we are not in 2011-2012 levels of gameplay anymore. I'd like to have an Extra Rekindling... other than Soul Charge (which Red Resonator helps with the LP cost and fits in all around). I remember the complaint was that Lavals could make Quasars and such too easily, and when they searched it out with Gold Sarcophagus, players were in a 2 turn clock.... Oh god, that somehow sounds a bit underwhelming right now.

Also, am I the only one that thinks of Calamity Ganon? xD

Archived