Black's White Hot Blacklocke

Blake

Wherein Black plays a Randomizer Nuzlocke of Black Version! Shocking, I know. I could go on a schpiel leading up to this, but this is hardly the first Randomlocke/Nuzlocke blog, and I'm pretty sure it really only applies to a certain crowd... So let's start with the settings I used, instead, with the Universal Pokemon Randomizer!

[spoiler=Settings]

General Options
No Game Breaking Moves

Pokemon Traits
Update Base Stats
Randomize Abilities
-Follow Evolutions
Change Impossible Evolutions

Starters, Statics, and Trades
Random Starters (basic Pokemon with 2 evolutions)
Random Static Pokemon (Legendarywith Legendary, Normal with Normal)

Random Requested and Given Pokemon

-Randomize Held Items

Moves and Movesets

Update Moves

Random Movesets (Preferring Same Type)

-Reorder Damaging Moves

Trainer Pokemon

Random (Type Themed)
-Rival carries Starter through game

-Use Pokemon with Similar Strength

-No Legendaries

-No early Wonder Guard

-Force Fully Evolved at Level 45

Wild Pokemon

Random

-Similar Strength

-No Legendaries

-Random held items

--Ban bad items

TMs and HMs

Random with Full HM Compatibility

-Self-imposed limit of no more than one user per HM on team

-TM/Level Up Move sanity

-Completely Random compatibility

Field Items

Random

-Ban bad items

I will be starting this run somewhat shortly, so look forward to an upcoming post! For now, Professor Juniper has something she would like to say.

unknown.png

Ayyyyyy! Someone else that's in the Unova region! This ought to be be good to watch!

Though I have a huge question: Blaze Part  and Volt White, what are they specifically?

I'm glad you asked! Blaze Black and Volt White... Are difficulty hacks. They up the general challenge of the game, most notably with the level curve, but they also offer a good number of Quality of Life changes, one of which can be seen... here!

Part 1-1: Trailblazer

So, skipping Juniper's slow walking animation and the appearance of Bianca in my room, we can get straight to opening the present! But, I was rather surprised by the starter choices. I don't think any of them are things I would expect to be randomized in, because they really stick out like sore thumbs...

iydJvhw.png

Snivy became Beldum!

BLTnAG1.png

Tepig is now Piplup!

2OJOmSn.png

And Oshawott was replaced with Caterpie!

A pseudo-legendary, an actual starter, and the first bug pokemon... Are absolutely not what I was expecting.

Do I take Beldum, who will be hard to train but rewarding in the end?

Do I take Piplup, who will be consistent throughout?

Or do I take Caterpie, who will probably make the early game simple, then drop off quickly?

Well...

O2KfVCu.png

We're going with Caterpie! I'm up for a challenge, and I know this difficulty hack gave it more starting moves to be randomized, so let's see what we can work with... But first, Bianca!

G47taai.png

So, with her sending out her penguin, I checked up on Caterpie.

IFfrZFD.png

Oh my God, it's a girl! I'm so g- PURE POWER? Jesus Christ, I know Butterfree only has a base 45 ATK stat, but that makes it a decent mixed attacker. What moves does it have?

P1SwYdE.png

I am pleased with this. Not sure why it has the 4th move, though, since the hack only gives it one extra starting move... I didn't turn start with 4 moves on... And checking the doc to be safe, Piplup only has 2... Strange. But the piplup is no trouble.

I use Frustration, it uses Reflect type. I use Heart Stamp, it barely survives and flinches. I use it again, it dies... And Caterpie levels up!

RoeMMuc.png

Why yes, I will take Tail Glow over Spider Web!

Which moves us on to Cheren. With Beldum. Who I have no real means of damaging.I try Tail Glow into Ice Beam, praying for high damage and/or a freeze... but there's no such luck. Instead, I learn that Beldum has Color Change as its ability, and the next attack is Heart Stamp in an attempt to make it flinch... Which did a ton of damage.

And his Beldum has Meteor Mash from the getgo. First hit did 12 damage, second did 7, so I thought maybe that lowroll had saved me... But nope, I still lost to him. It's alright, because it was impossible (without the knowledge of Color Change) to win in that matchup, and it's pre-obtaining Pokeballs, so it's not the end.

I wish Caterpie could have evolved to Metapod before going to see Juniper, but que sera sera. With the battle over, I decide to check on Caterpie's nature.

pL2GorH.png

That is one determined bug. She will punch the hell out of anything in her way. I think I know what I'm gonna call her now...

After heading down to see mom, she gave me a present she doesn't in normal Black version... What has Blaze Black given me now?

XB3FnnL.png

B I K E

Well, that's certainly a nice QoL touch. I ride to Bianca's house to chase her back to Juniper, then ride back to Juniper. And, upon asking me to name Caterpie, there's only the one name I can give her.

1OI6zHd.png

Let's go, Ogre!

No, not Shrek Ogres. Another Ogre. I think it'll be more clear next time, when...

d6r1OG4.png

We tackle Route 1! So excited!

Coming Soon

Part 1-2: A pool, Ogre! A poooool!

Part 1-2: A pool, Ogre! A poooool!

0Ndomgx.png

And one annoying tutorial later, we're back! Still on the swanky early bike, to boot. Now we've got that compltely meaningless "competition" with Bianca and Cheren to see who catches the most pokemon on Toute 1... So we'll all be tied at 1 Pokemon each. Hooray. So, what do I get?

88XmNc2.png

One swimmy boi! I'm sure that Donut will get along swimmingly with Ogre. He seems to like smacking things just as much. So, since this part is rather short... Let's get some grinding done.

1W6DKjq.png

It is Ogre's rival, Kenny. I could probably one-shot with Heart Stamp, but let's see what he can do...

7QNA3fY.png

Oh. Um. Where were you when I needed to freeze Beldum?

xzWXfZ4.png

And now it's my worst enemy. funking hell, I'm just glad it wasn't my encounter.

X6i0Bkf.png

This prick smacked me 5 times. 5. How dare he. Ogre will use him as a stepping stone. Come oooon Metapod!

After the grinding, we make it to Accumula Town! And we're rewarded with another boring tutorial, this time explaining... How the Pokecenter works. I know it was merged with a mart this gen, but still. So, with that skipped overrrrr

TVMhD19.png

We overhear that there's a commotion in the town plaza. Well, we should check that out, right? But we're running short on time... So let's just look at the party thus far!

nvuObtu.png8sffDL0.png

Ogre evolved, learning U-Turn.

Donut hit 7, learning Water Pulse.

Productive segment, for how short it was!

ug3216o.png

But for now, it's time for next time on Blacklocke!

Coming Soon

Part 1-3: N-ber One

Part 1-3: N-ber One

MoLARV2.png

Welcome back to our adventure through Blaze Black! Last time, we had Donut join our team! He and Ogre are already the best of friends! And now to see what that commotion was about...

Ol5AXYY.png

Yes, Cheren? Why are you blocking my vision of the event?

15qZBSp.png

Oh. It's just the villain. Carry on.

chbE4I2.png

Aaaand here he is. This is not going to be fun.

JneBTl6.png

Yep. N is here to funk my sheet up for not agreeing with his ideals.

sMjHa5N.png

Oh, Slakoth! That's not too bad. Donut took some damage, but a few Rolling Kicks and a flinch later, it went down. Good job, Donut! 

But that's not all! In Blaze Black, N has 3 level 6 Pokemon. I decide to give Donut a rest, and send out Ogre.

YeflHh4.png

It's just a Clefairy summoning a sandstorm. Ogre's a swole lady, she can do it, right?

Well, I figure U-Turn will one shot... and it doesn't. Sloppy play on my part. I swap out with U-Turn, and run right into...

PaYJMN2.png

DONUT NOOOOOOO

And so, Ogre's new friend died. Due to my poor play and N being a funker with 3 Pokemon, I have already lost a team member.

Ogre makes short work of the Clefairy after that, and N sends out his last Pokemon.

caVRyUK.png

A Meowth. It knows Spike Cannon, but it's taken down quite easily. So the battle is done, N leaves, and Cheren gives this insight...

iFnlEnj.png

Yeah. He killed my Donut. Kinda strange indeed.

H9mME6y.png

I had to set up the grave with my first encounter. This sucks.

oaCBmmF.png

Next time, we find a new party member and beat up some trainers. Plus, our first three items in the overworld! 

Coming Soon

Part 1-4: Mother and Child

I'm glad you asked! Blaze Black and Volt White... Are difficulty hacks. They up the general challenge of the game, most notably with the level curve, but they also offer a good number of Quality of Life changes, one of which can be seen... here!

Really? Huh, that's actually pretty interesting indeed. And the fact that you got the bike right off the bat? Luuuuuuucky!!!

That said, I'd probably have gone a different direction with the stater selection: either Beldum or Piplup. No offense to Ogre whatsoever, but for me, I'd probably would've gone for one of them. Still, I'm totally happy with my run's starter of Sceptile. Also, three episodes up today? Wow, you really must've been itching to get this started!

Can't wait for more, and hope the best for Ogre!

Really? Huh, that's actually pretty interesting indeed. And the fact that you got the bike right off the bat? Luuuuuuucky!!!

That said, I'd probably have gone a different direction with the stater selection: either Beldum or Piplup. No offense to Ogre whatsoever, but for me, I'd probably would've gone for one of them. Still, I'm totally happy with my run's starter of Sceptile. Also, three episodes up today? Wow, you really must've been itching to get this started!

Can't wait for more, and hope the best for Ogre!

Hey, like I said, I wanted to make it a little tougher on myself. But, like... I think Beldum was just as wrong here for reasons that might be relevant soonish.

Piplup was probably the safest all around pick, though.

And 3 episodes? Darling, you mean at least 4!

Part 1-4: Mother and Child

P26C8vL.png

Welcome back to Black's White Hot Blacklocke! Last time, we had to bury Donut, which I'm... still pretty sore about.  At least we're on our way to get a new party member.

So, let's get on that!

kHB6yDs.pngLGljIlb.png

Oooooooor not. Got a phone call from mom...

3RtBCrD.png

wait why did you call if you are right behind me

zqgLgoK.png

but you already gave me the bike

I guess these are nice, too, though. Ah well, bye mom!

CNBRFAF.png

And the first item of the game is an Air Balloon! One use sucks, but... It will proooooobably save my hide later.

So, with that, we're off to find a new companion for Ogre!

dRoQi00.png

A Venonat? On one hand, I love it... On the other, I really don't need another bug right now... Shame. Trace is kinda cool, though.

R2RKImK.png

Let's give a big welcome to Haraa! It was supposed to be Hara, but I double clicked! Go me!

Also... This is a physically inclined Venonat with a lot of solid physical moves... I think we just found Ogre's baby. Lost a potential hubby, gained a round child. Donut, you sly dog.

After a quick heal, we're back on the route, when...

fBGryjc.png

I was set upon by my first random trainer! And he has a Riolu no less. That's a little spoopy, for what was once a Patrat or Lillipup.

KGeVB5L.png

Oooor not. 2 hearts are all it took to stamp it out.

This was followed by a Tyrogue and a Meditite, which went down with similar or less effort.

He was quickly followed by another trainer, this time a Lass.

VH8hk9l.png

... Oh God, I have 2 bugs. Please, don't be a flying trainer. Please. Please.

VLdBfu3.png

Oh. Ogre got the memefreeze again. Ogre what the hell.

HSij6E7.png

Good news, everyone! This lass is a water trainer, not flying! Heart attacks can wait! Except, you know, Heart Stamp.

sDvXsaz.png

And then there was this Magikarp that just used Rollout, but died to endless Fury Cutter.

There was also a Barboach, but it died super quick, so shrug.

However, we got something else out of this!

Slbucj5.pngL6DYBOq.pngjg1iank.png

Ogre is now a fully evolved Butterfree!

I considered both of these moves, but I didn't wanna give up U-Turn, Heart Stamp, Tail Glow, or Ice Beam for these. Kind've a shame, but hey.

y8hIgYG.png72x7FjB.png

And our next two items are... an evolution item for Kingda and a thing that makes me lighter. Oh. That's... not great. Daaaaaaamn.

ZsCWHAc.png

Finally, we have this steel-type kid. He had 2 Bronzor and something I forget, but he also had...

LIueuxG.png

Beldum! With Immun... oh wow. Talk about useless abilities, especially pre-Gen 7. Cheren seems to have been lucky with the Color Change one, weird as that is to say.

9Gh1Tcz.pngh2I1eEI.png

But, with that kid beaten, we're done for the day. Did a lot for such a small route. Let's look over the team before we go.

XOwnEnM.png

For now, signing off!

Coming Soon
Part 1-5: Blanc et Noir

Part 1-5: Blanc et Noir

Z1MCRAS.png

Aaaand welcome back! Last time, we got a new member for our team, cleaned up a route, and sat here!

ETksHGS.png

Aaaand now Bianca is mugging us. Welp. At least I'm 90% sure she's a water type trainer.

hi0ITSG.png

Oh.

yoo1wuC.png

THIS DUCK HAS ACROBATICS SAVE ME

Well, Ogre survived just barely, but it's going to be on Haraa to fight Piplup now...

nnyg6G4.png

Oh. It just reflected my type. Twice. Bianca went down with only the fanfare of "ACROBATICS NO".

jrTlNJ8.png

With that out of the way, we enter Striaton City for the first time! The first gym! The dreamyard! And a special present?! Let's find out what's in store!

YXt8V3J.png

10 Dive Balls. Kinda interesting. Note that items given like this aren't randomized, sadly. Memes would follow.

0EzC9AF.png

And one Great Ball! That's pretty swell.

oHmcW95.png

Now, I could go challenge Cheren, who's waiting at the Trainer School... But I don't feel too confident about fighting Beldum again rn, so I'm going to go to the Dreamyard first. There's an encounter that's normally a barrel of monkeys.

lWJfOVv.png

>Psychic

F U C K

Welp, gonna be depending mostly on Ogre one-shotting dudes. The ralts, and another one, went down pretty easy... But then this funker happened.

AeGqpRN.png

And nothing went wrong, though I just had a bad feeling about it. I could look at the document and...

Oh. It knew Pscyho Boost. What the hell. Glad I fought that with Ogre. And hey, Ogre was rewarded!

yHokOLK.pngCDxCC0A.pngXAqYSTa.png

Three level up moves!

I probably should have kept tail glow, but Quiver Dance felt like a generally better pick on a physical Butterfree like Ogre. On the other, Tail Glow makes it special again, so it was a toss up. Other two just didn't feel quite good enough.

69BA2Wq.png

There was also this Meditite. It didn't take much, either.

qrqne0h.png

Damn you, small bush. I guess I'll simply carry on and fight Joey.

ndYw26V.png

Oh.

iKm97ED.png

But it's alright, it just used Poison Tail, iirc. Went down easy.

zaxj3bF.png

After the battle, we found a Dragon Gem! What's with these one-shot items?

But what we came for was not battles or items. No, it was a randomized monkey. So, what has my monkey become?!

og3kcW3.png

tenor.gif?itemid=4710291

How did you evolve so early? Does "similar strength" not apply to trades and gifts? Are you actually going to save me from nuzlocke loss?

8JJtRrK.png

Well, he's certainly suited to being a tank. All he really does rn is stall and... wait what are you drinking. Nope. Nope. Not asking that.

iYfW3uj.png

Heading back to town to heal, I decided to take a stop westward, and I was lucky enough to find this shiny coin. It will make my wallet much fatter.

ugSsi4s.png

But now it's time for Cheren. I wasn't there for the leader, but it's what he wanted to hear, so why not?

CYHvedG.png

but we already had an indoor match

PQYJk1G.png

WHAT IS WITH ALL THE STUFF THAT KILLS MY D-

3jmiQLH.png

Oh okay

qkwHqOi.png

And then there was Beldum, which Mobile took care of by stalling. Good job, Mobile.

Now, when you play the base versions of Pokemon Black and Pokemon White, Cheren gives you berries right here. So, what does he give you in this hack?

UZOBP27.png48utraG.pngANjAdUB.png

IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO DIE, SMALL BUSH!

Yes, we receive Cut from Cheren here. What some people don't realize is that Generation 5 removed the Badge requirements for HMs, meaning you can use them the moment you have them/a pokemon with the move. As such, Cut can be used now, instead of waiting to get it until after we beat the Gym.

d9K72Tj.png

Also of note is that Cut has been given a great buff in this (and other) difficulty hacks. 60 Power, physical, Grass move, with 100 Accuracy is much better than it normally is.

qrqne0h.png

I return, small bush. And I bring a turtle with a knife.

VM9ohq0.png

Next time, we explore the Dreamyard, and we begin our assault on the Striaton Gym! 

Coming Soon

Part 1-6: Oh No

Part 1-6: Oh No

UWfyZeo.png'

Welcome back to "we defeated the small bush" bros! This time, we have more of the Dreamyard to explore, so let's head right in!

p7EruRn.pngthEbMgQ.pngjfEt8fo.pngfI4yOgp.png

And this hack turns all the items here into TMs. Usually, they're reasonably useful TMs, but this batch isn't... Great, and my team isn't really able to use most of them.

But this should give you an idea of how hard even the first gym will be, if they're willing to give you 4 reasonably good TMs here.

J6yOzyZ.png

And our encounter is an Ekans! It only really used Sweet Scent, though... I wonder why...

KqUbGla.png

Hi Mikky! What do you d- oh. That's why. Ehhhhhh.

o1u8c3Y.pngKwpRwJI.png8L1XIJr.png

I also decided to go clean up on some of the items I had previously missed in Striaton and below the route, with the latter 2 requiring Cut. The Insect Place is the nicest, but the Miracle Seed is fine, too. Guess we're done with everything before entering the gym...

tUDTgjO.pngv5c6s1O.png

We found the gym quite easily, and... He thinks I had an Oshawott. Sure. Let's go with thaaaaat. Can I go in now?

0wmYKmF.png21BNA50.png

Well, we got one foot in the door before Clyde came and shoved a fresh water into my hands. I mean, I'll take it.

JeolOwj.pngIHU9hCv.pngy6W1FJc.png

"Puzzles"

I hear you say "but what about the waiter and waitress?", and I say... Dear Lord.

xiaccpj.png

Oh no.

That is a Staravia. I know I have Mobile for tanking, but I still hope this isn't a Flying gym. Please.

F7anBeL.png

NO.

This makes it more likely to be Flying... And this Tranquill was just annoying as always, albeit in a different way.

jCLhAuc.png

But hey, punching it got me Aqua Jet! I deleted Clamp instead of Whirlpool for it, since Blastoise is a bit better at Special Attacking than Physical.

Okay, on to the Waitr-

EtXeeNr.png

N O

Welp, the chances of this NOT being a Flying gym is getting smaller and smaller. Which scares me out of my mind.

AZV3Y48.png

THIS ROUGH OWL IS NOT HELPING MATTERS

UYTE3AS.png

Aaaaaaand there it is. The 100% confirmation of Flying Gym. funk. I really hope my Gym Leader Battle isn't that one type...

rdRqqi5.png

And that's all for now. I need to do some grinding before I take on the leader, so we'll see you next time for our first Gym Leader Battle!

Coming Soon:

Part 1-F: Battle of Truth - Striaton

Part 1-F: Battle of Truth - Striaton

TM5ZgJ7.png

And we're back. Time to take the plunge.

IBRnmSz.png

Let's go.

jTIwKSr.pngIDmgpHU.pngkQ5pnps.png

And this gym has 3 leaders. Chili, Cilan, and Cress, with each normally representing one of the Starter types... But this time, I'm afraid they might have birds. And I'm worried about the battle format...

R7fKakI.pngoG1mADs.png

Thank God.

I knew one version of this hack had a Rotation Battle while the other had a Triple Battle for this gym. Even if it's birds, I might be able to win if I can keep Mobile in the lead.

pfbn2E5.png

Before I head in, let's check on the team.

NLdqUAM.pngfsQ9EEG.pngFyChCn4.png

XvEMYXO.png

I think I only slightly overleveled, if I remember correctly. I know the leader's ace is going to be Level 14, if memory serves... So that's what I prepped for.

Vacheir.pngE2FVjPM.png

keLjp9d.png

The first Battle of Truth begins.

c9PqpDF.png

OH IT'S BUGS, THIS IS TRULY THE funking LUCKIEST OF DAYS

Mobile can just Whirlpool and Milk Drink for days, we should be preeeeeeetty good.

QZm9BfI.png

Oh. At least Pineco goes down easy?

9ivEtUq.png

... Seriously? It lives and the first hit of Twinneedle does this? Glad I have a full heal.

8RtuDv4.png

Next up is a Shelmet... I guess I can cure the poison this turn.

awsKQ2v.png68psLuB.png

U-Turn is fine. Level 14 Joltik is actually a bit spoopy, consdering my "summon a giant turtle and sit on it" strategy. Let's try shifting.

UJeD02n.png

This did nothing.

wXs2wmV.png

Ogre, however, helped. She got Spider Webbed, but the miracle of Heart Stamp flinching saved the day. Goodbye zappy bug.

AnvpXQF.pngii8hjbA.png

FnkCkaJ.pngxJR3ws2.png

UdgVedd.pngNxh4ZmA.png

Well, it was a piece of cake at this point. I feel like I would have been much worse off with basically any type other than bugs, so I feel like I got an easy roll here.

Venonat went down without a problem, and Mobile leveled up, attempting to learn 2 more moves.

k1BVXba.pngbVQf3VD.png

Both of which were big, fat nos.

n2Px2Jk.png

Same tbh.

CW6xbPw.png

BIG MOOD

0NHclP7.png

Oooooh TM time, what will it be?

dd8d7uE.png

Oh my.

Literally everyone with me can learn it, and you can bet I taught it to Mobile, over Aqua Jet.

c8QT12F.png

For now, that's the end of the first arc of this Randomlocke. Thus far, we have lost 1 Pokemon out of the 5 we obtained, and we still miss Donut dearly. To be continued!

Coming Soon:

Part 2-1: Sweet Dreams are Made of Mist

Smog Snake gonna be a champion I predict it

praise smog storm drain

>Sees you in the Dreamyard

YOU GOT A DAMN BLASTOISE!?!?! ....you lucky piece of...I got a Wingull (now a Pelipper by the name of Yui).

Also, have you thought of investing in an HM Slave that way you don't have to bog your Pokémon Teams' movelist with the HMs?

Nah, not gonna catch a Pokemon that isn't part of the Locke, and this hack does a decent job of balancing HMs out, for the most part.

Now, on to Arc 2!

Part 2-1: Sweet Dreams are Made of Mist

7BcQwRv.png

With the successful attempt on the Striaton Gym, we find ourselves ready to continue the adventure!

Cqh6h1m.png

Or not. Who are you?

Pp7NxGu.png

... Who?

Turns out she's some scientist that's friends with Junpier, who... Juniper asked to give us a thing. Cool. Give me the thing?

jbpxI4d.png

Instead I am being kidnapped. Why.

RDEuU2A.png

U-UM

iQT3LkP.png

WHOA NEVERMIND I TAKE IT BACK DO WHATEVER YOU WANNA

3Z1TLxD.png

We must sadly bid Quiver Dance farewell. Welcome, Gear Grind!

1UmbmGw.png

And now we're on our way back to the Dreamyard to get something called Dream Mist. Sure, why not?

X6qha8W.png

Goodbye, small bu- Bianca, why are you here? Mysterious Pokemon?

Well, whatever. I head on inside and hear a cry coming from deeper in, but before I can go look, Bianca has this to add.

s018HA2.png

... Nope. Not at all, Bianca.

LbAUcTo.png

Aww, it's a little Munna.

46PwOtV.png

who the funk are you

jFfwx1H.png18iIzDK.png

Ah, I see you heard me. And what does this have to do with Munna?

k3Dm2wH.png

Well that went from 0 to 120. That is a pretty dark plan, Jesus.

iuyOvtd.png

DO NOT KICK THE BAB STOP NO

nvR69KE.pngswGD77f.pngtFjMmgs.png

Man, there is so much political commentary to be made here that I choose to make... None of it.

These guys are some funking psychos, though.

ktlAZtJ.png

Welp, time to fight the self-righteous pricks.

lUMsKq3.png

... You have a super rare Pokemon that has to be revived from a fossil. While preaching freedom for Pokemon from horrible people. Nice.

A single cut from Mobile took it down.

LL73QV0.pngB32eErO.png

Similarly, this Carvanha died to a single U-Turn.

It led to Ogre trying to learn Defend Order, which I was tempted to give her so she could be Queen Ogre... But it feels really superfluous, if not bad for her.

6Fydbn6.pngHHSXWw8.png

And then a Haraa v Sand Storm Goldeen.

A critical hit from Cross Poison took it out in record time.

ktlAZtJ.png

Guess the chick wants in, too.

DjzAIBv.png

WHAT NO I DON'T DO WELL WITH ELECTRIC RN

fKf00TM.png

A damaged Mobile had to do his best, and he managed to 2HKO it, but I was more than a little scared.

hdmLcrG.pngkcxEkDn.png

Then U-Turn almost took out this Blitzle, but it had Sturdy, which I never saw coming.

I sent in Haraa to finish it off, who took a small amount of damage from a couple Charge Beams.

PjuDl4u.pngMtOPI7N.png

And then Joltik pouted some more! I mean, returned.

Like Cilan's, it used Spider Web, and it died the turn after using it.

y6le3s7.pnge0sG5iL.png

After losing, this dumbass took to kicking the poor Munna again.

7HyjL1k.png6FAnUiL.png

syNqkDZ.pngUszdlv1.pngerXcT8y.png

Suddenly villainman all over???

Despite how weird this is, the Grunts fall for it immediately, and they run with their tail between their legs.

QbZKV9l.pngCBjAeAc.png

We soon gather that this Pokemon that appeared, Musharna, created illusions to protect the baby Munna. Good Musharna.

Zd5qHI4.png

Hi to you, too, Fennel.

jVLBYmf.pngOATPOWK.png

Bianca actually summed it up pretty nicely, right, Fennel?

MyLIdBn.png

You weren't even listening. Great.

Fennel scurried off back to her labroomhousewhatever, and Bianca had one last thing to add before we parted ways.

0L34wpL.png

Very random.

She stays behind to find a Munna, seemingly, while I head to see what Fennel needed.

BUtzvCK.pngIugWmqS.png

The C-Gear from Fennel and the Pal Pad from her roommate! 

So useful!

But, before we end this episode, I wanna check one more thing...

nvNXpcj.png

Awww, this is a BalmMushroom in the base game. This kinda sucks.

cmCMehT.png

But that's all for now! Next time, we tackle Route 3!

Coming Soon

Part 2-2: Spirit of Truth

Part 2-2: Spirit of Truth

Q3vROkM.png

Welcome to scenic Route 3! There's a daycare! And a cave! And some water!

8hxx37x.pngu00DFQd.png

And these bloodthirsty toddlers!

1eP8F4W.png

Oh, I'm leading Haraa. This is a bit spooky.

elEd6MF.png

U-Turn made quick work of the gothic lolita. I'm sure Haraa can handle Chingling, right?

hAZdZw0.pngAVO1tFS.png

ONE LUSTER PURGE LATER

Everything worked out, but Haraa was barely alive at this point, so I had to heal. But, I know a secret!

yqxrPcH.png

This nice (crossdressing) lady heals your Pokemon for free, while the children play! Now, where is she?

MHF1f67.png

Inside the daycare! What a twist!

Onward to our next adventure!

qUjW2P2.pngg6Sndam.png

eHxl5ts.png

Or Cheren. I guess Cheren works, too.

Z6ug7ao.png

Oh, he's fighting this time. Well, this won't be too bad, and Beldum should be easy enough.

IJJIdl7.png

And then two more Riolu, which went down easily to Heart Stamp. On to his starter?

iZiNhjL.png

giphy.gif

WHY THE funk IS THIS

WHAT

MOBILE TOOK IT DOWN THROUGH ATTRITION BUT funk

zJvhLpb.png

...yes...?

XReRgNR.png

the funk

GyXdTu1.png

i don't know but we're gonna have to do it huh

VF0Zu7C.png

Aaaand here we go. But first, encounter time!

OdWv3z8.png

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

q7x0Zjm.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

d9cKShZ.png9v3rASa.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

vhkJi0V.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

vGbg7yd.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Coming Soon

Part 2-3: Peek-A-Boo

Part 2-3: Peek-A-Boo

ziHpOXu.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhem, I totally wasn't screaming for 2 days. Nope. Not at all.

Welcome to Wellspring Cave! Time to get our new friend!

AwRe4Mh.png

So thiiiiiiis is where that grunt got it. Guess it's not rare in this universe.

WN5USIi.png

Peek! Peek brought an item with her, and her ability is... I don't know if that even functions when it's removed from a Cherrim. Huh.

RAkxk1U.png

generally idiots don't listen to reason, cheren

MqFGDpS.pngTK02CTS.png

IDK man, I'm pretty sure a lot of Pokemon don't even want to be fighting. This argument seems rather incongruent with your group's supposed goal...

kjR01Ds.png

Ah funk, it's steel. I guess that's only neutral, but I still don't want Peek out there...

2Pe13gr.png

WHY DOES IT KNOW SHIFT GEAR

This guy had 2 Bronzors, a Klink, and a Beldum iirc. The Bronzors and Klink both knew Shift Gear, and the Bronzors also knew Gear Grind. I was spooped.

But we survived!

fxgdM3s.png

That's not how that w-

kdEiy1o.png

geeeeettttttt dunked on!!!

AP3Is3W.png

Um. Peek can't escape. Why can't Peek escape. funk. funk.

1iGpHQ4.png

PEEK NO, WHY WAS MIENFOO SO funking USELESS ;A;

VBBi9at.pngIDOQApA.png3fKuAyJ.png

Ogre mostly cleaned up shop... Mobile took care of the last bit, after a U-Turn.

Wm9iU2r.pngXhr4FEG.png

more like teamplasyoufuckerskilledmypeek am I right?

Kukxp5G.pngMnI8kYs.png

fancy words for hypocritical idiots

5CJMBrO.png

funking murderers.

Qc26uNK.png

hooraaaay more bug orders

Maybe I should have made Ogre the queen...

8qaZZ5j.png

But at what cost.

X18LXFo.png

This is nice, but I still feel bad for losing Peek.

kG8cag1.png

Well, that's all for now. We'll continue our journey and try to keep the team together next time.

Coming Soon:

Part 2-4: Bad Grass-borhood

Part 2-4: Bad Grass-borhood

Co7r3Z3.png

Welcome back! Last time, we fended off Team Plasma, caused our samurai-named teammate to die to bullshit, and got a fishing rod!

All in all, bad day. Time to do my best to keep that from ever happening again! Let's start with punching this kid.

1HJHrS9.pngBsPBJ5M.pngQsyIuDq.png

He went down easy with switch training, but boy if that Tranquill didn't try to funk that plan up.

God, I hate Tranquill.

QlFYfid.png

Why, Cheren?

gfeMzoR.pngmpNzqdz.pngy9A8HpJ.png

Cheren, are you... being racist to the grass right now? Not cool, dude. Not cool.

So, let's ignore him and wander into the grass!

HZ8EIYy.png

Hey, this isn't too bad. It's kinda neat, really, though I might wake up covered in ink...

That said, the next encounter, which I forgot to take a picture for... Was a Sealeo and a Jigglypuff. That's, uh. That's pretty swole for this point in the game.

On to the next trainer!

UYjmi9c.png

Time for more switch training. Guess Ogre gets to U-Turn.

GgOPyyv.png

Gotta go fast!

I chose not to take it, though. Truth doesn't need to ram into things.

O7IIuYD.png

Truth tried to kill it, and almost did... But after a flinch from Heart Stamp, he had to swap out. Luster Purge followed that, so I'm glad I did.

kiMkjlP.pngB3VFOEv.pngC U P C A K E

It basically just stalled, and led to another move my pokemon will not be learning.

dESEada.png9OVB0DX.png

Was time for more switchtraining, but the funker used Stealth Rock.

With the first Pokemon down, she sent out her second.

etO87iw.png

... um, okay.

6NfmF17.png

Little girl, what the hell?

rMeA5bG.png

WHY DO YOU HAVE 4 ROGGENROLAS WTF

fsP28b5.png

With the Roggenrolas out of the way, we move on to the last trainer of the route... A kid with ghosts.

lwk3WUe.png

Duskull dead. Gimme my level up.

JGaLRUV.png

I love you, Heart Stamp, but it was on this day that Ogre became a goddess.

Time for Ogre to tear pokemon to shreds.

So, what Pokemon is next?

cQTPY96.png

Excuse me?

3SN1yz9.png

Luckily, I have Mobile, who killed it easy. As well as 2 Frillish.

With him down, all that's left to do is collect our items...

pt6oUJU.pngGTm9p1C.pngF5mdhPj.png

Not the worst haul... Though getting those 2 herbs on the same route is kinda incredible.

bsmlxxs.png

Shortly after that, we made it to Nacrene! Next time, we explore the town, as well as the nearby route!

Byeonara!

Coming Soon: 

Part 2-5: Calm Before the Storm

Part 2-5: Calm Before the Storm

2w4VRfo.png

Um okay

T5dTKig.png

I can see that, yes.

OWDQsuO.png

Huh. That'll be helpful if I get a Pokemon that needs these...

Z2TsWAx.png

Dooooubt

7n4tCGQ.png

Well, welcome back! Sorry I couldn't welcome you sooner, I had a Cheren bothering me. Again.

USs3HFI.pngiakFEzx.pngT

oday, we're going to explpore Nacrene, plus go to Pinwheel Forest!

1TvFiiU.png

I don't see Caterpie here. I guess this is technically correct...

R031HUh.png

Oh, cool! That's the one that's probably most useful right now. Plus, I already have a Miracle Seed.

mXflS2f.png

Why would I do this thing?

Alright, Nacrene's a bit empty... To the forest!

e6rEosr.png

We're at the outskirts right now, with its own ecosystem, but we'll be heading to the deep forest first!

u1xAtoy.png

Oh. These pricks again. Guess I have to come back later.

luYPYGP.png

And this nice nurse is waiting right outside! If I beat her up, she'll heal my Pokemon whenever I want. Pretty sweet deal.

qL9mkP8.pngJLVaAFf.png

2 U-Turns later.

2NaonyC.png

Sweet! Now, before we gather the items in the area, what's our encounter?

ks8g6UT.png

WHOO

That's not quite as hype as Litwick, but I still love this line. Good encounter!

f7rmc9X.png

Damn. What is with all these -Sp Atk special attackers? 

I'll still use it, at least for now, but it's rather RIP worthy.

Welp, time to pick up stuff off the ground again.

e3p7NrJ.png

Heh. Fitting.

DCguweG.png0AGrPVH.pngLmVWT3m.png

Not terrible. Headbutt is plain, but it's still a good enough move for this point in the game.

gEsAAds.png

Further down, I found this rock. If I had a fighting type, it would give me things to sell for money. I do not. Rip.

T7ZbVmP.png

Not sure if the curse of the Quick Claw is still active...

Now, I know there's one last thing we need to do.

3NUzCnJ.png

Oh sweet! This is normally Rock Smash, but I'll take a 70 power fire move! That'll be good for a while yet.

4tLzVf6.png

Alright, I am gonna do some grinding before I continue on, so I'll see you guys back in Nacrene.

Peach!

Coming Soon

Part 2-6: N-Ber 2

Part 2-6: N-Ber 2

Ymp0LA9.png

We're back! Not quite a dinosaur story.

I spent a good while grinding, maybe a bit too much... Let's see the results!

xl0bCiq.pnggSVqjfK.pngWO9eDXf.png

EptFdNh.pngHP8LdhL.pngJuwAojB.png

Yep, Ceres and Mikky both evolved, and both Haraa and Truth are... a bit lacking, still. And I'm still worried I may have overleveled.

ZdvQMiW.png

But that's enough of that. On to the muse- oh no.

u7R9A17.pngGwsaeey.pngxgcBpGf.pngDmr9j3y.png

He's talking so fast that I'm just gonna smile and nod along.

PPbV9GD.png

Wait, that doesn't seem to have pleased him.

6PA1ywj.png

Welp, hope you don't take the life of another of my companions.

XZeyt0Q.png

Ayyyy, more bugs! I can handle this.

HC0BkTp.png

Or Shelmet could get a crit Flame Wheel on Ceres. That works, too, I guess.

She's alive, though, and that's all that counts.

bX33ju9.png

Time to rearrange.

a3zMPCr.png

This is... actually going well now. I did overlevel, but can't say I'm too mad...

sLguJl4.png

Yes, crazy, seeing the future isn't possible. Not even with DETERMINATION.

lb2j5w0.pngnCooDdG.png

Um, maybe take a chill pill, man? You're getting a bit... scary.

R28dknS.pngmoGZe1R.pngBC8xILo.png

L5EkBqW.png

I, uh... I'm gonna go in now. Clearly nothing bad will happen.

MMFM0Xs.png

Lewd.

dZtjnqY.png81jYCbO.png

Wait, no, I don't nee-

sdphRFp.png

*one boring, totally, completely, definitely irrelevant tour later*

Sure. Thank you. Bye now.

wMPAMdw.png

It's his wife. He's talking about his wife, who may make my life hell after this.

O0o27Bb.png

Next time, we take on the Nacrene Gym! Make sure you tune in!

Coming Soon

Part 2-7: Arsenic-Laced Books

Part 2-7: Arsenic-Laced Books

g2LNPim.png

Welcome back to the Nacrene Museum! We're just outside of the gym which is, for some reason, behind a museum... So let's see what we're in for

pYD0Vmf.png

Thank you for the present, Clyde.

Cm3ezHj.png

Now, last time, the gym's leader had a different type from the trainers... I think this was because of the nature of the first leader, which has either Grass, Fire, or Water, while the two trainers use Normal. As such, I think the type of this gym will tell me what Lenora uses.

Let's go!

ldl18La.png

So, we're either a Grass or Poison Gym. I wonder which it will be...

AhBiu5R.png

Well, there's my answer. Poison Gym!

I think that could be worse, so I'll take it happily.

XVYTZM1.png69zbfyS.png

The kid also had these two, and... I must say, I did not expect Stunky. Don't know why, just kinda forgot it existed.

Now, I need to go find the first book, which is apparently a kids book, for this gym's puzzle...

EdI64qE.png

Ah, here we go!

The hint this book gave me directs me to reading a book about the first pokemon I saw in this gym. I don't think that's Weepinbell, for the puzzle, though...

1B98114.png

Patrat seems likely, given this was normally a Normal Gym.

And it's correct! Now it wants me to find a book that talks about something associated with fire that blows smoke from its head...

KlWVGHa.pngiTwPPe2.png

I... don't think Tepig has much to do with smoke. And out of its head? Next.

emhUP07.png

Yes, this one.

dpE5qSh.png

What a twiiiiiiiiist.

V7CHRYJ.png

Oh hey, girl to go with the boy's Nidoran. Neat.

cl2SQPn.png

Now, my candle ghost can handle this, right?

bByOqhy.png

... did... did you just Fire Punch a Litwick? The hell?

uW72BTA.pngRcgCHS7.pngfGfAK8R.png

Welcome to the Coil spamming Skuntank. It wasn't actually difficult, but boy was I scared it would just one-shot one (or all) of my guys.

pG9czhI.png

Finally, a Bellsproot. Easy battle.

eAk6SxW.png

Finally!

This book then directs me to a book lower down...

Eknxxfr.png

Oh hey, Poffin nod!

This next hint tells me to go left one, up two, right one, then down one... but I think I know who it leads to.

BpWogyn.png

We meet again, little girl. It is time to fight me!

TD0aq7Y.pngWCyY6QZ.pngINabrn4.png

Ogre kicked all of their asses with a single shot each.

UxMDlMd.png

And her reward was... a move she won't be learning. Acrobatics is just better, considering Pure Power.

0U3ll8n.png

This Tentacool is no exception.

MbeiPbX.png

Hey, there's a switch under this book! Let's press it!

2Reqg7f.png6qhBUfe.pngRo2kvIu.png

Huh. What a weird thing to have in a library... Which is a gym... Inside of a museum... Yeah, just weird overall.

wiwXsiW.png

Next time, the Battle of Truth wages once more! Will we come out on top, or will we falter?!

Coming Soon

Part 2-F: Battle of Truth - Nacrene

• 3 weeks later...

So, I forgot to say... this is, sadly, dead.

Not by choice, but my laptop crapped out and I had to get a new computer, which doesn't have these files. It's unfortunate, but that's life.

I'll probably move on to doing a Black 2 locke, because I really don't feel like restarting this one.

Archived