[Written] Madolche Dracaroon

Thomas★Zero

Madolche Dracaroon

EARTH

Link: DL, U, DR

Warrior/Link/Effect

2+ "Madolche" Monsters

When this card is Link Summoned: shuffle all monsters from your GY into your deck, then, increase this cards ATK equal to the number of "Madolche" monsters shuffled into your deck this way x 200. your opponent cannot target "Madolche" monsters you control for attacks or effect effects except this card. Once per turn: you can banish 1 "Madolche" monster from your GY; target 1 card your opponent controls, destroy the targeted card. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to the activation of this effect.

ATK/2400 LINK-3

So Dracaroon is a combination of Dragoon and Macaroon where this card helps Madolche's by clearing their grave of monsters and gaining ATK for each Madolche returned to the deck this way along with protecting the ones you control. In addition you can also banish a Madolche to destroy a card your opponent controls where it prevents your opponent from being able to counter it.

In Madolche if you have built of a number of monsters in your grave, you can summon Dracaroon to clear it out and gain a boost in addition to taking advantage of this effect to be able to summon the new Puddincessoeur from your hand and get another new Madolche on the field.

I'll be honest, I've never really played Madolches so I wouldn't know if this has finer interactions, but it seems underwhelming. The empty your grave effect seems nice, but the boost feels negligible. Maybe the boost can apply to all Madolches you control, or raise it to 200+?

The other main effect really isn't good. It is a SS1 targeted destruction effect with a cost. To be blunt, that is really bad. At least it could be non-targeting or something (so it matches up with her majesty).

The only part of this that seems ok is the targeting protection.

Overall, this is a Link-3 with little to compensate for the investment you'd put into making it. I don't know exactly how much Madolche are able to swarm, but unless you can board 5 Madolches in a turn, this feels way too costly for too little benefit.

Love the name though :3

Archived