The Lost Giant Robot from Another Planet

ABC Gun

Artwork: https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=1632568

yW4i0Iz.jpg
The Lost Giant Robot from Another Planet (Machine/EARTH/Level 9/Fusion/Effect/ATK 3050/DEF 3000)
3 monsters with different Types, Attributes, and Levels
Must be Fusion Summoned. If this card is Fusion Summoned: Banish all other monsters on the field. While face-up on the field, if a monster(s) is Summoned to either field whose ATK is less than this card's original ATK, destroy those monsters.

Now that Super Poly is unbanned in TCG, there are some concerns about this being easily summonable in the current era. I mean, yeah, you could just run 3 random monsters out of nowhere to summon it, but exactly how good is that?

Given the requirements on materials (I'm going to assume that neither Links nor Xyz can be used as material because no Levels, so...can't really break Extra/co-Links), most you can use for summoning this is if:

- You're running an engine [which should usually be different Type/Attribute from main stuff]

- Opponent has something else that can fill in the rest (that isn't a Link Monster).

Given the current pool of cards and what's commonly seen, not too sure how diverse stuff is that you can summon this easily and abuse it, but it's probably possible. That being said, card essentially says "no, you can't summon monsters" barring stuff like Ultimate Conductor if Dinos are still viable. Yes, stat reduction also exists (and Chalice can turn off the floodgate for a while), but no one runs the former (unless people tech Lance or something).

====

So yeah, I don't really approve of this being a floodgate in a similar vein to Last Warrior for most part [well, floodgates usually aren't good design]. However, can't see any realistic way you are summoning this competitively on a regular basis (if assumption is correct and you cannot use Links/Xyz).

Now that Super Poly is unbanned in TCG, there are some concerns about this being easily summonable in the current era. I mean, yeah, you could just run 3 random monsters out of nowhere to summon it, but exactly how good is that?

Given the requirements on materials (I'm going to assume that Links nor Xyz can be used as material because no Levels, so...can't really break Extra/co-Links), most you can use for summoning this is if:

- You're running an engine [which should usually be different Type/Attribute from main stuff]

- Opponent has something else that can fill in the rest (that isn't a Link Monster).

Given the current pool of cards and what's commonly seen, not too sure how diverse stuff is that you can summon this easily and abuse it, but it's probably possible. That being said, card essentially says "no, you can't summon monsters" barring stuff like Ultimate Conductor if Dinos are still viable. Yes, stat reduction also exists (and Chalice can turn off the floodgate for a while), but no one runs the former (unless people tech Lance or something).

====

So yeah, I don't really approve of this being a floodgate in a similar vein to Last Warrior for most part [well, floodgates usually aren't good design]. However, can't see any realistic way you are summoning this competitively on a regular basis (if assumption is correct and you cannot use Links/Xyz).

This card was definitely designed to utilize Super Poly, and as far as what Decks could run this you could try Glad Beasts or even... Neos & Neo-Spacians.

This card was definitely designed to utilize Super Poly, and as far as what Decks could run this you could try Glad Beasts or even... Neos & Neo-Spacians.

Oh and no you can't use anything that does not have a Level

The question is whether or not those Decks in question actually have the space to RUN this card and if they can afford to sacrifice their Summons while this thing exists.

Neos just got support recently, yes, but the Deck as a whole is still bad. (Also reminder that all of the Neo Spacians are Level 3, barring the NEX forms but they suck. If this didn't have Level thing, then sure, use them) Cosmic can bypass this card's summon thing because 3500 > 3050, but that's also assuming you have a free zone to summon it to under MR4.

IDK how Glads are functioning nowadays even with Dragases, but I think they'd prefer to go into their bosses over this (mostly because easier to get out w/out Fusion card and don't impede plays like this would). Then again, the parameters on this card's summoning probably impede using GBs as a Deck to make these, and usually because 1 or more conflict with each other in terms of viable materials (even if you did use one of the Fusion bosses).

The question is whether or not those Decks in question actually have the space to RUN this card and if they can afford to sacrifice their Summons while this thing exists.

Neos just got support recently, yes, but the Deck as a whole is still bad. (Also reminder that all of the Neo Spacians are Level 3, barring the NEX forms but they suck. If this didn't have Level thing, then sure, use them) Cosmic can bypass this card's summon thing because 3500 > 3050, but that's also assuming you have a free zone to summon it to under MR4.

IDK how Glads are functioning nowadays even with Dragases, but I think they'd prefer to go into their bosses over this (mostly because easier to get out w/out Fusion card and don't impede plays like this would). Then again, the parameters on this card's summoning probably impede using GBs as a Deck to make these, and usually because 1 or more conflict with each other in terms of viable materials (even if you did use one of the Fusion bosses).

I just wanted to make a card in the style of The Last Warrior from Another Planet, hell I would like an "Another Planet" Archetype honestly.

Archived