[VJUMP] White Rose Dragon

1539054036616.png?width=309&height=450

Level 4 DARK Dragon Effect Monster

1200 ATK / 1000 DEF

-You can only use each of this card name's (1) and (3) effects once per turn.

(1) If you control a Dragon or Plant Tuner: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.

(2) When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Rose Dragon" monster from your hand or GY, except "White Rose Dragon".

(3) If this card is sent to the GY as Synchro Material: You can send 1 Level 4 or higher Plant monster from your Deck to the GY.

It's... actually really surprising to me how little support there is for low level Dragon monsters. No easy way to search 'em, dump 'em, recover 'em, etc.

This card relies on said nonexistent support; then it makes it awkward by attaching itself to high level plants, a theme that also has very little support (but has Lonefire, so... that's something?)

Of course, if there's more support for this theme, I don't wanna call it too early, but it is just a really odd design start.

You could just with this cards effect mill Grow up Bulb so you can get a Tuner to Synchro Ladder up into a Crystal Wing or Spore for similar reasons if you have another plant in your grave. In addition the fact that you can either Special Summon this while you can control a tuner or get Red, Blue or Black Rose on the field when its Normal Summoned is quite a nice combination.

You could just with this cards effect mill Grow up Bulb so you can get a Tuner to Synchro Ladder up or Spore for similar reasons if you have another plant in your grave. In addition the fact that you can either Special Summon this while you can control a tuner or get Red, Blue or Black Rose on the field when its Normal Summoned is quite a nice combination.

1 Level 4 or higher

@@vla1ne is this guy your husbendo

no, that's lung tien lien. completely different beings.

as for this card, it's surprisingly decent support for a synchro monster that has been begging for a new upgraded form since ever. the mill effect might go really well with plant princess decks, since it puts them in one of the easiest places to recur plants, the grave. I'm kinda sad that the first SS effect means you won't be getting the 2nd effect, but i can live with that. not to mention so far, this actually seems like the kind of support that might go really well with RDA decks as well, and seeing as i love both of those monsters, i'll take it.

speaking of which. is BRD confirmed to be getting a long awaited and well deserved upgrade with this new set?

I doubt it. Harpie Lady Sisters didnt get an upgrade which is disappointing

BRD is the only real form it has though. it has lesser support, but BRD is the base form, and giving it an evolved/alternate form (possibly making it a plant) would give it something new to go into should you choose not to nuke the board. lady sisters is a terrible card in need of a retrain, but it's not really the core card so much as it's another form of harpy lady (and it has an insane amount of retrains in the form of the harpy lady #'s anyways)

not giving it a new form is... fine, but they could at least make something that allows it to protect itself from it's own nuke effect when used as a material.

Archived