Red-Eyes Hatchling

Ezhro

This is my first card making so...

It's basically a retrain of black chick inspired by King of The Swamp so we could run that fusions without having to play level 6 dragons and archfiends and the second one is based on Aklys

Review me and if i did anything wrong tell me \o/

Red-Eyes Hatchling

Level 1 Dark

Dragon/Effect

800 ATK / 500 DEF

This card can be used as a substitute for fusion material for a Fusion Summon of a Fusion Monster that lists a "Red-Eyes" as a material but the other(s) materials must be correct.When this card is normal summoned:You can special summon 1 Level 7 or lower "Red-Eyes" monster from your hand or GY,then equip this card to it.It gains 400 ATK/DEF.If this card is destroyed while equipped to a monster:You can add 1 Level 7 or lower "Red-Eyes" monster from your deck to your hand,and if you do,you can shuffle 1 "Red-Eyes" card in your GY.

You're missing the stats though; make sure you add them.

But yeah, unless I missed a recent ruling or something about King of the Swamp / modern equivalents, I don't think you can use the substitution effect as intended unless a specific name is mentioned. Rest of the card seems fine though, taking into consideration Red-Eyes and their mixed bag of support. SSing would be nice for Red-Eyes Black Flare without using another NS and recycling's probably something Red-Eyes need.

(I don't really play the Deck though, so...take this as you will.)

You can't substitute unless you're substituting a named card, like "Elemental HERO Neos" with its Contact fusions. Most this would cover is "Red-Eyes Slash Dragon", and the original vanilla fusions.

You're right, Red-Eyes needs a huge fix. I'll be adding my own couple of cards to try to cement the archetypes loose strategy.

Edit: your idea is solid. The deck needs more ways to put the level 7s on board. This is would be a solid addition to the archetype, just tweak the Fusion based effect. Unfortunately I don't think there is a solid way to use it as a substitute :/

You're missing the stats though; make sure you add them.

But yeah, unless I missed a recent ruling or something about King of the Swamp / modern equivalents, I don't think you can use the substitution effect as intended unless a specific name is mentioned. Rest of the card seems fine though, taking into consideration Red-Eyes and their mixed bag of support. SSing would be nice for Red-Eyes Black Flare without using another NS and recycling's probably something Red-Eyes need.

(I don't really play the Deck though, so...take this as you will.)

I actually played a Red-Eyes Deck on YGOPro and all the deck does (if you have Black Stone) is recycle itself. Metal Dragon and Red-Eyes Baby Dragon both summon themselves from the grave and act as equip cards. You can actually get Darkness Dragon up to insane ATK and do almost nothing but recycle 3 stones, Baby Dragon and Metal Dragon. And you can do even less if you Darkness Metal Dragon on the field. The playability of that deck is insane.

I actually played a Red-Eyes Deck on YGOPro and all the deck does (if you have Black Stone) is recycle itself. Metal Dragon and Red-Eyes Baby Dragon both summon themselves from the grave and act as equip cards. You can actually get Darkness Dragon up to insane ATK and do almost nothing but recycle 3 stones, Baby Dragon and Metal Dragon. And you can do even less if you Darkness Metal Dragon on the field. The playability of that deck is insane.

For the record Metal Dragon and Baby Dragon don't Summon themselves from the GY at all. Baby Dragon is terrible, and is only effective if you give it to your opponent with Summon Sorceress.

Black Metal Dragon however is a hidden gem. I used a turbo version to get out REDMD and use Dragon Revival Rhapsody to keep bring back the Metal, to get more searches. Unfortunately the searches are weak because only 1 card is really useful at hindering your opponent (Fang with Chain). The deck has enough revival, it just needs a more aggressive edge.

With one or two more cards for Black Metal to search, and maybe a Link to send Fusion and apply effect to avoid the penalty, then I'd consider it done.

I understand that point. But Red-Eyes is more about aggressive field control, burn, and trample (because what dragon based deck isn't?). Blue-Eyes is about getting out a big 3000 ATK wall that ultimately sets the stage for field control. The biggest issue with Red-Eyes, as much fun as it is to play with, is that it needs a way to put dragons the grave.

Anything that makes a Red-Eyes deck faster and gives it a bit of raw power on the side is always good. I do forget what the card is that let's you SS the fusions and treat them as a normal Red-Eyes though.

I understand that point. But Red-Eyes is more about aggressive field control, burn, and trample (because what dragon based deck isn't?). Blue-Eyes is about getting out a big 3000 ATK wall that ultimately sets the stage for field control. The biggest issue with Red-Eyes, as much fun as it is to play with, is that it needs a way to put dragons the grave.

Anything that makes a Red-Eyes deck faster and gives it a bit of raw power on the side is always good. I do forget what the card is that let's you SS the fusions and treat them as a normal Red-Eyes though.

Red-Eyes Fusion. It's your only play that turn though.

Archived