Psyber Archetype

Perry Ellis.

The Psyber archetype is a group of monsters that aesthetically are likened to Espers fused with various machinery hoping to advance their evolution further through cyber means. This archetype is focused on banishing cards facedown, however there are still ways of accessing these cards.

[spoiler=monsters]

Psyber Chronoport

EARTH | Level 2 | Psychic | Effect

When this card is Summoned, you can banish the top 3 cards of your deck facedown and if you do draw 1 card. During the draw phase, you can add 1 card that was banished facedown to your hand. While you control another “Psyber” monster (Quick Effect), you can target one monster you opponent controls; banish this card and that card facedown your next End Phase. You can only activate each effect of “Psyber Chronoport” once per turn.

1100/800

Psyber Esprogram

EARTH | Level 3 | Psychic | Effect

If you have a card that is banished facedown, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can have your opponent randomly guess the card type of a card you control that is banished facedown; if they guess correct, Special Summon 2 “Psyber” monsters from your deck except “Psyber Esprogram”, if they guess wrong, banish the top 2 cards of both player’s decks facedown. You can only use this effect of “Psyber Esprogram” once per turn.

1500/1200

Psyber Datakentic

EARTH | Level 4 | Psychic | Effect

When this card is Normal Summoned, banish the top card of your deck facedown. During the Main Phase, if a card is banished facedown (except by this card’s effect), banish 1 card in your opponent’s GY facedown until the end of your next turn. If this card is sent from the field to the GY by an opponent’s card effect or by battle, banish both this card and the top card of your opponent’s extra deck facedown until the end of your next turn (this card would be moved to the GY).

1700/500

[spoiler=Extra Deck]

Psyber Esptron

EARTH | Link 1 | D | Cyberse | Effect

1 Psychic monster

When this card is Link Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 “Psyber” monster that is banished facedown. Once per turn, you can banish 1 card in your hand facedown, add 1 “Psyber” Spell/Trap card from your Deck or GY to your hand. if this card is sent from the field to the GY, you can banish this card and 2 cards from the top or bottom of your opponent’s Deck. You can only activate this effect of “Psyber E.S.P. Tron” once per turn.

Psyber Datareader

EARTH | Link 2 | U-D | Cyberse | Effect

2 monsters (including at least 1 “Psyber” monster and 1 Cyberse monster)

When this card is Link Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 “Psyber” monster that is banished facedown. you can banish 1 card from either player’s GY facedown, return all set cards to the hand. If this card is sent from the field to the GY, you can banish this card and the top card of your opponent’s extra deck facedown. You can only activate each effect of “Psyber Datareader” once per turn.

Psyber Chronoporal

EARTH | Link 3 | R-D-L | Cyberse | Effect

2+ monsters (including at least 1 “Psyber” monster and 1 Cyberse monster)

When this card is Link Summoned, you can Special Summon 2 “Psyber” monsters that are banished facedown.(Quick effect) You can banish 1 card you control facedown, destroy up to 2 cards on the field. If this card is sent from the field to the GY, you can banish this card and 1 card from your opponent’s hand face down. You can only activate each effect of “Psyber Chronoporal” once per turn.

[spoiler=Spells]

Psyber Data Surgery

Normal Spell

Banish the top card of your Deck, add 1 “Psyber” monster from your Deck to you hand. If you Summon a monster with the same name as the card added to your hand by this card’s effect this turn, it cannot activate its effects also it cannot attack. If this card is in your GY, you can banish this card facedown; all “Psyber” monsters are unaffected by your opponent’s monster effects until the end of this turn. You can only activate each effect of “Psyber Data Surgery” once per turn.

Psyber Space Time

Field Spell

When this card is activated, you can add 1 “Psyber” monster from your deck to your hand. “Psyber” monster(s) you control gain 100 ATK/DEF for each card banished facedown. If a “Psyber” monster would be destroyed by a card effect, you can shuffle 1 banished facedown card back into its owner’s deck.

[spoiler=Traps]

Psyber Virus

Normal Trap

If your opponent would Special Summon a monster while you control a “Psyber” monster, negate that monster’s effect and change it’s ATK to 0. You can activate this card while it is banished facedown by shuffling this card and another facedown banished card back into it’s owner’s deck. You can only activate “Psyber Virus” once per turn.

Psyber Deletion

Counter Trap

If a “Psyber” monster(s) is targeted by your opponent's a card effect, negate that effect and if you do, destroy that card. You can activate this card while it is banished facedown by shuffling this card and another facedown banished card back into it’s owner’s deck.You can only activate “Psyber Deletion” once per turn.

Reasonably small and nice formatting with an original concept; I'm surprised someone else hasn't said  anything yet. (although I'm not quite sure what an Esper actually is...) Kudos on your card grammar improvements, by the by :D just using commas instead of colons between conditions on activation and costs.

I really like the main deck monsters you have here. Like, really like them. You have 3 effects on 2 of your monsters, but in those cases the effects themselves are spread out in terms of strength and don't seem to clutter or make them overly better than the other one. Espogram Summoning 2 monsters in response to what to your opponent is essentially a 2/3 chance of getting it wrong is a bit strong, but other than that, great selection here.

I really don't know how I feel about your Link 1. The problem with a Link 1 in general is that it servers as a means of using any monster to upgrade itself into another monster that serves another purpose, uses another effects, or you're just sending the monster you originally had to the GY. In this case, it just servers as a 3 time upgrade to any of these monsters you Summon; the fact that it allows any Psychic just expands it range within this archetype, which is a shame as freedom should also allow for splashing in any Decks. At the very least, just leave it with 1 effect related to face-down banished cards and nothing else, otherwise I'd suggest going up to Link 2 as the bottom Level.

Chronoporal doesn't banish face-down when its sent to the GY; is that intentional? Other than that, nice selection of effects that works, but its a shame that there's no protection for them outside of your Spells/Traps, making them very unstable and easily bricking. You don't need much more, but just even targeting on your Link 3 (or maybe Link 4 if that turns up). While this deck doesn't really suffer when it comes to continuing making plays, it's very easy to continually knock-out. If you do remove that Link 1, I would suggest adding a Trap or Spell to make up for the dent in the Summoning speed that the basic laddering would've provided.

Your Spells are pretty cool, with a simple Field Spell and your mandatory searcher, although for said searcher you don't need the effect prevention, as basic searchers, especially in this small an archetype, really aren't problems. While I adore the basic idea behind your Traps, especially on Virus, your second Trap doesn't really work. Firstly, what I love about them is that they A) help restock your Deck when you run out of cards courtesy of your banishing face-down, B) keep your opponent in the dark and constantly on the edge by basically expanding your Spell/Trap Zone into your banished cards, them never knowing whether you have the Trap banished or not, and C) deal with how slow and vulnerable Traps normally are. The issue I have with your second Trap is that targeting and destroying happen at two different times; targeting happens at activation, when the chain link/effect is actually made, but "would be destroyed" can only be properly decided at resolution. By modifying it a little, you could spread the protection to the main monsters while perhaps expanding this to protection the Field Spell or something as well.

Only minor nitpicks here and there; I would really love to see this archetype expanded. While I still don't know what "Esper" means, I love the mechanics of dealing with face-down banished cards, and this deck works really work the current selection of cards in the TCG/OCG. A really good set, all in all.

Thank for the review!, 

the link 1 was moistly suppose to be used for easier link climbing not really anything else, its effect to banish itself facedown might also be useful for later turns if you wanted to bring it back, or at least that was my mindset on the design for it. but I understand where you are coming from, ill probably change it to an in archetype requirement to help with that issue. 

Oops I didn't even see that, yep it was a mistake its suppose to banish facedown. And thanks for the Idea of where to go next, I do want to expand upon this archetype more so I appreciate the help in figuring out out what these guys needed next. 

Thanks for the catch on the gramar of the card, definitely going to change that. 

Archived