Forepsych Maiden

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Forepsych Maiden
LIGHT
✪✪✪ (Level 3)
[Psychic/Tuner/Effect]
ATK/ 1000 DEF/ 1500

Once per turn(Quick Effect): You can pay 800 LP; activate 1 of these effects.

* Look at all Set cards your opponent controls.
* Look at your opponent's hand.
* Look at the top 2 cards of your opponent's Deck.

[spoiler=Wordplay]Foresight + Psychic (broken down) = Portmanteau + Corruption

And I suppose this means a certain old card from long ago just got outclassed. Granted, you're still paying LP to do this (though Brain Research Lab should alleviate that every turn provided you protect it + avoid the burn), but getting access to everything your opponent does should prevent you from getting hand trapped or something.

For whatever it's worth, also E-Tele target (but really applies to a ton of stuff nowadays, which isn't unique to this).

Card should be fine on its own.

I don't think looking at your opponent's stuff is much problem nowadays. It's a passive effect at a reasonable cost. Aside from the aforementioned Emergency Teleport, there's other Psychic interactions like Serene Psychic Witch and Overdrive Teleporter. It's okay.  

And I suppose this means a certain old card from long ago just got outclassed. Granted, you're still paying LP to do this (though Brain Research Lab should alleviate that every turn provided you protect it + avoid the burn), but getting access to everything your opponent does should prevent you from getting hand trapped or something.

For whatever it's worth, also E-Tele target (but really applies to a ton of stuff nowadays, which isn't unique to this).

Card should be fine on its own.

Well, he does have better ATK and DEF. I guess just consider it a trade-off.

Getting E-Tele support is sweet and welcomed. I know that knowledge is power and 800 LP looks to me like a fair price to pay, but still, I feel it can get away with some other effect that actually makes a plus or break even somehow. Maybe adding an effect that involves guessing a card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap) and netting a card if you call it right, be it a card draw, or add a X Psychic from GY to hand, IDK.

Guest BGMCANN0N

Getting E-Tele support is sweet and welcomed. I know that knowledge is power and 800 LP looks to me like a fair price to pay, but still, I feel it can get away with some other effect that actually makes a plus or break even somehow. Maybe adding an effect that involves guessing a card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap) and netting a card if you call it right, be it a card draw, or add a X Psychic from GY to hand, IDK.

Thing is.... I haven't seen cards solely based on accumulating knowledge make that scary of an impact. At least unlike the 1st generation of cards that were thought to be a potentially good idea at the time (Ancient Telescope, Mind Haxorz, etc.), it doesn't minus. Most this really does that can directly contribute to Psychics is potentially powering up Psychic Nightmare for his effect. As for general use... Maybe a Mind Crush here and there or Twin Twistering the "right" Set cards, or making sure your opponent doesn't have a problematic hand trap.

Yeah, maybe it could have something else effect wise... Haven't really considered it.

Indeed, -1 knowledge cards are normally not worth it, but this is a +0, and if you are running E-Tele, Overdrive Teleporter, etc. for laddering strategies with Psychics, you may as well run this and gain some knowledge while you are at it. Even looking at the hand would be useful, to scout for hand traps.

I would suggest to make it a Tuner for Needlefiber fun, but at this rate the suggestion is getting stale xD

Guest BGMCANN0N

Indeed, -1 knowledge cards are normally not worth it, but this is a +0, and if you are running E-Tele, Overdrive Teleporter, etc. for laddering strategies with Psychics, you may as well run this and gain some knowledge while you are at it. Even looking at the hand would be useful, to scout for hand traps.

I would suggest to make it a Tuner for Needlefiber fun, but at this rate the suggestion is getting stale xD

Now fully considering the Tuner idea... I guess it wouldn't hurt to give generic utility that doesn't outright ladders into Link 4 and beyond. It may be one of your most stated suggestions on a lot of my cards, but this particular time it isn't have bad. :)

Archived