[Written]Lineage Protection

cp49100

Lineage Protection

[Continuous Trap]

Activate this card by declaring 1 Monster Type and 1 Attribute;

You can only Summon monsters with the declared Type and Attribute.

Twice per turn, during either player's turn, if a monster(s) with the declared Type and Attribute would be destroyed (by Battle or card effect); that monster(s) isn't destroyed.

If you control no monsters OR control no monsters with the declared Type and Attribute; Send this card to the GY.

Agreed with the above, the effect is more effective if it's written as a Continuous effect.

Even then, card is not looking good. You force yourself to play in "solidarity" or "monotype" mode, but the return is not nearly as rewarding. I dare say you can get away with a continuous protection, rather than only once per turn.

I made its effect twice per turn and continuous, as for continuous protection; I don't like the ideia of a single card that you can activate for no cost providing a blanket destruction immunity for all your monsters against an unlimited number of cards, even if IT itself has no self protection.

If it was some boss monster or a multi-step Sarcophagus kind of card then I'd strongly consider it, but as it is I think its alright, not busted powerful but good enough for saving your board for a turn or two 

Archived