1 Mekk-Knight Morningstar

1 Knightmare Phoenix

1 Galatea, the Orcust Automaton

1 World Chalice Ib

1 Knightmare Cerberus

1 Crusadia Regulex

1 Knightmare Mermaid

1 Crusadia Magius

This deck is garbage (a winrate of 3/10 XD), but I wanted to try to make a deck with all the revealed World Legacy story archetypes thus far (World Legacy, World Chalice, Krawler, Mekk-Knight, Knightmare, Crusadia, Orcust/Orphegel, and Guardragon - for those not keeping score).  Generally, it is simply a Link Spam/Mekk-Knight beatdown deck.  It sometimes has the capacity to put out large boards, and with the right setup, can maneuver itself around light negation boards...  Ok, I'm sorry, this deck is really sad...

[spoiler=Long post on each individual archetype + their function in the deck]

Anyways, going into each individual archetype's contribution:

Guardragon just... doesn't work no matter how I try to work it in.  They aren't splashable, and unless I devote my core to Normal monster/Dragon support, they won't hit the field with any impact.  In any case, their only representative in the deck is World Chalice Guardragon who hasn't once been useful so...

World Chalice was also difficult to work in for a similar reason as Guardragon.  However they weren't completely dead.  Lee was useful in getting some of the Legacies/Orcust out of my hand and Ib is my only easily summonable Link with side arrows.  The Chalice itself I believe only came into play once, so... not much to say for it.

Krawler wouldn't have worked at all had Crusadia Krawler not been a thing.  As it is, Crusadia Krawler is one of my best cards for extending plays, being easy material while also searching out Succession or Sorrow (the latter of which was instrumental in each of those three victories).

Mekk-Knights made up the largest portion of the Deck just because they actually do have an in-built engine, are easily summonable, and can simply double as beaters at worst.  I figured that regardless of the "core" I'd decided on among the archetypes, the Mekk-Knights would end up taking the most slots anyway.  In any case, they really carried the rest of the deck.  I don't have anything bad to say about 'em.

Knightmares doing as they do best.  Unfortunately, I never seemed to have good discards whenever I'd use 'em, and there were too many times when I had to summon one of the Link-2s in the EMZ which sucked, but on the whole, they were solid.  In moving forward with the deck, I'm thinking I should put more of an emphasis on them.

Crusadia ended up being the real "core" of the deck.  They generally made up my best Normal Summons but could also extend my plays.  On top of that, their Links were easy to trigger with the Mekk-Knights and, in total, they often would net me enough advantage that I had a cushion from the opponent.

The Orcust was annoying at first just because most of my other stuff isn't DARK, but their effects are for the rest of the turn, and once I'm able to get Babel up, they become so much easier to use.  Regardless, I'd just have to make satisfactory plays before usin' 'em, but they are certainly better than some of the other archetypes in the deck.  As it is, I'm considering doubling up on Galatea and maybe adding an Orcustrion, but I am still unsure on the latter.

The Legacies themselves were ok.  The spells/traps were obviously important, but the monsters never felt like they made a ton of impact and (besides crown) I'd rather have 'em in the grave.

If you read all that, thanks a lot!  I'm thinking of doing more of these deck mashups.  I doubt any will turn out to be good, but it'll be fun to see the monstrosities that I'll end up with.  I do want to note that though this is the first time I'm formally making this a "thing", I want my first "Mass Archetype Mix" to be this deck which I plan to revamp sometime.

Archived