Photo

[AGM/Written] Terriform: Nekroz meets Triamids! (18/18)

- - - - - DARK Warrior Spellcaster Fiend Ritual Field Spell Banish

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Dova

Dova

DovaMod

• Junior Moderators
  • 3,762 posts
    Last Visit Jan 17 2019 08:36 PM
  • Discord:Dova#1498
  • Alias:Dova
  • Spouse:Dova

Terriform

Welcome to Djinn Nekroz meets Tramids.

This DARK archetype based on fear itself is very Field Spell focused, with several different ones that it has access to . . . each with exactly 3 effects. Why 3? Because they also have a terrible trinity of Ritual bosses based on the grand-daddies of fear: Death, isolation, and fear itself. Each of these bosses has, as the first line of their effect text (except the whole Ritual Summon conditions thing), "This monster gains the (insert number here) effect of all "Terriform" Field Spell Cards in your Graveyard". Of course, this means that "Terriforming Entity of Inherent Terror" can (fittingly) Ritual Summon the other two bosses . . . because, surprise surprise, they have a Field Spell that can do that. Their archetype is actually surprisingly consistent, too, given that they have an Orphrys Scorpio, a Stratos, multiple pseudo-Shurits . . . And their Ritual Spells can banish themselves to search each other, and when they do, something else happens.

Then, of course, while the terrible trio are their big bosses, they aren't their only Rituals, and you get all kinds of powerful effects among them . . . including one that acts as a one-sided Necroface, taking away all the penalty of banishing your Ritual Spells.

Then, the Field Spells . . . utterly hate your opponent getting to play YGO. Stat boosts, protection, locking out the ED, standing in for Dark Law, Malefic World, Geartown, Chain Energy, automatically hitting each player with Card Destruction during their Standby Phase . . .

Do you fear power? Terriform breathe it. They feed on it. They love it.

Main Deck Monsters: (4)

Ritual Monsters: (6)

Field Spells: (4)

Ritual Spells: (2)

Other Spells/Traps: (2)

Design Notes

CnC would be appreciated! :D

Perry Ellis.

Perry Ellis.

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
    Last Visit Jul 20 2019 04:22 PM

Hmm, the aesthetic design of this archetype is quite interesting. so lets begin with looking at the main deck monsters.

general notes

MD
Ritual Monsters

Spells

Traps

Dova

Dova

DovaMod

• Topic Starter
  • Junior Moderators
  • 3,762 posts

Thanks for your input!

For the Main Deck Monsters, I've given Thanatos hard once per turn on both effects, and the second effect can only Special Summon 1 while the first effect only prevent materials and Summons them in Defense Position.

Inherent Terror only gets the third effect, not all effects. I don't think Phobisphere is that deadly as well, at least from what I see, considering this archetype doesn't have non-Ritual Spells (well, the Field Spells just go the GY anyway so /shrug) but I've added an an activating clause on Psychosphere to work with the first monster's downside. Do you think a monster that gained all effects would work well?

The "banish it" on Scientist was a remnant from an old effect; it's just meant to Set the cards.

I didn't want to make Dome too strong, and keep hard once per turn away from it, and as it is a Trap, I don't think it will struggle with the "cards" requirement. 3-4 cards isn't much, anyway.

As for the archetype as whole, you are going to have to find room for your bosses, as while you are right in terms of the rest of the archetype being so consistent...there's not really much else for them do other than go into the bosses. They don't really have a wincon outside of it, and only having 1 Field Spell to use at a time is painful. Also, with these Devirituals having effects that go in the hand, you can have much more than the basic ~20 monster limit, as your hands will tend to brick a lot less. HOWEVER, I will be looking into perhaps giving a slight buff here and there...it's just going to be hard without expanding the archetype, because as you've said, it's already pretty bloated.

Again, thanks so much for your review.

Dova

Dova

DovaMod

• Topic Starter
  • Junior Moderators
  • 3,762 posts

Bump.