Georgia has frozen 53K voter registrations

vla1ne

I love how you picked 80% specifically as a threshold.

So, 80% black and minorities people were frozen, 70% of the total are black, 10% other minorities. In general no democratic president has had less then 82% of the black vote, Hillary Clinton had 88%. The other minorities have similar numbers with none waning below 70% You see how this could be easily misconstrued as something that's partisan?  I don't look at it as a racist thing, I look at it as a man checking his ratios of winning. This is also boosted by the fact that he's running against a minority candidate which increases the chances significantly with literally 98% of blacks voting for Obama in both terms.

Greg Palast, a journalist and the director of the Palast Investigative Fund, said an analysis he commissioned found 340,134 voters were removed from the rolls on the grounds that they had moved – but they actually still live at the address where they are registered.

“Their registration is cancelled. Not pending, not inactive – cancelled. If they show up to vote on 6 November, they will not be allowed to vote. That’s wrong,” Palast told reporters on a call on Friday. “We can prove they’re still there. They should be allowed to vote.”

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how you picked 80% specifically as a threshold.

So, 80% black and minorities people were frozen, 70% of the total are black, 10% other minorities. In general no democratic president has had less then 82% of the black vote, Hillary Clinton had 88%. The other minorities have similar numbers with none waning below 70% You see how this could be easily misconstrued as something that's partisan?  I don't look at it as a racist thing, I look at it as a man checking his ratios of winning. This is also boosted by the fact that he's running against a minority candidate which increases the chances significantly with literally 98% of blacks voting for Obama in both terms.

"If it's 80-100% democrats with no outside factors, " there is a massive outside factor. that factor is the New Georgia foundation. Literally the largest source of mistakes. the ratios are off because the main problem is a sloppy foundation that keeps improperly filing it's registrations.

Greg Palast, a journalist and the director of the Palast Investigative Fund, said an analysis he commissioned found 340,134 voters were removed from the rolls on the grounds that they had moved – but they actually still live at the address where they are registered.

“Their registration is cancelled. Not pending, not inactive – cancelled. If they show up to vote on 6 November, they will not be allowed to vote. That’s wrong,” Palast told reporters on a call on Friday. “We can prove they’re still there. They should be allowed to vote.”

It can be proven, they've got about about 15 days, a little over 2 weeks left to do so. I would suggest they do so. this isn't some irreversible thing, it's literally just show proof of address and problem solved. the mistake seems odd to me. seems like a letter or two may have been misspelled or some such minor issue, but it's an insanely easy fix overall. DMV should be sending out notifications for this imo, it's their highest priority. Any of the registrations through the georgia foundation need to be addressed by the foundation, in order to speed up the notification process though.

The AP ran a story on October 9, 2018, claiming there were 53,000 registered voters in Georgia who were put on a "pending" list.  The GA Secretary of State has completed his review, including hiring an independent reviewer, and his findings are as follow:

The ‘Pending’ list (as of 10/17/18) was 75,105
9,224 are ‘pending’ because the person is 17.5
2,935 used a fake address 
3,393 are ‘pending’ because citizenship could not be verified

5,842 are ‘pending’ because they match another active voter file
After you remove underage, fake addresses, duplicates, and non-citizens, you have roughly 46,000 ‘pending’ on the list, not 53,000.

75% are on that list because they failed Social Security Number verification.  Stacey Abrams' group New Georgia Project is responsible for 23% of those, or 11,024 voters.

Those 11,024 voters had their registration filed in 2014 by the New Georgia Project.  None of those 11,024 voters have ever attempted to vote or contact a local board of elections to provide the correct social security number.

In other words, 75% of the people provided the wrong last four digits of their purported social security numbers and 23% were actually filed not by the voter, but by a group associated with Stacey Abrams.

This isn't a matter of voter suppression. This is a matter of voter fraud by Democrats.

can we cease this bad meme now?

did you literally copy-paste someone's entirely twitter feed in a debate thread without quoting them or linking to the actual article

im dyin

XkLLFVR.png

Anyways. I looked up the AP stuff and I didn't see anything regarding a source from this Erick guy, so if you could provide one for him instead of parroting literal tweets that'd be nice. @

Did a look myself, turns out that the source is right from the horses mouth, which is to say, Brian Kemp's.

He did not publish this information anywhere else, he instead brought it to some random radio station.

Neither of his websites ( kempforgovernor.com , sos.ga.gov ) state the statistics that he spoke about on the radio show, and he did not tweet about the radio show or anything else concerning it. 

All we have is two 2 minute youtube videos to go by, both of which have sub-200 views.

If Kemp was so confident in his findings, I have no idea why he wouldn't publish it on any of his websites, his twitter or any sort of social media instead of letting some radio host know since this is 100% something that would absolutely rid him of the massive smear campaign that's going on against him. All we have right now is the word of someone who has every incentive to lie regarding them without the correct documentation. I'm still skeptical.

Not to mention that this new information runs completely contrast to the story that v1aine was telling me earlier regarding the system malfunction. I'm going to wait until the tide rides on this one.

When I get word from it from anyone that isn't literally the person who has the most to gain in the short term for it being true then I'll believe it, hell even given me his cabinet members, his advisors, funking anyone besides a random radio interview regarding the information and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. 

The fact that this isn't spread anywhere besides a radio station for an already right-wing think tank makes me doubt the information, if he goes public with it and allows me to examine the information for myself, or at least allow other people who aren't HEAVILY biased towards him I will believe him.

Besides gees, a politician directly lying or misleading people into believing that he's innocent before an election? Never heard of before. Unfathomable.

Did a look myself, turns out that the source is right from the horses mouth, which is to say, Brian Kemp's.

He did not publish this information anywhere else, he instead brought it to some random radio station.

Neither of his websites ( kempforgovernor.com , sos.ga.gov ) state the statistics that he spoke about on the radio show, and he did not tweet about the radio show or anything else concerning it. 

All we have is two 2 minute youtube videos to go by, both of which have sub-200 views.

If Kemp was so confident in his findings, I have no idea why he wouldn't publish it on any of his websites, his twitter or any sort of social media instead of letting some radio host know since this is 100% something that would absolutely rid him of the massive smear campaign that's going on against him. All we have right now is the word of someone who has every incentive to lie regarding them without the correct documentation. I'm still skeptical.

Not to mention that this new information runs completely contrast to the story that v1aine was telling me earlier regarding the system malfunction. I'm going to wait until the tide rides on this one.

I'm rolling on the leading story and the info i currently have. If winter's info is correct, it doesn't actually change much about my own statements. it cuts the overall significance of the Georgia project, but the fact that so many registries are screwed up (and got caught) is the main point anyways. Theirs has more detail than my own argument. 

I've been saying to watch the machines since the 2016 elections. gotta say, kemp needs to address this now, and ensure that the machines are absolutely flawless by the 6th, because the poll vote is not something to funk around with. I'll gladly admit that i don't get to rip on the 2016 elections for doing this to the democrats, without saying the same thing to the republicans when it happens in their states.

Archived