[LVP2] Celestial Knight Lord Parshath

At7B05Q.png?1

Light Fairy / Link / Effect

Link-3 2400 / BL B BR

2+ Fairy monsters

You can only use this card name's (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.

(1) You can discard 1 card; add 1 "The Sanctuary in the Sky" or 1 card that specifically lists the card name "The Sanctuary in the Sky" in its text from your Deck to your hand. If "The Sanctuary in the Sky" is on the field, you can add 1 Fairy monster instead.

(2) If a face-up Fairy monster(s) you control is sent form the field to the GY: You can banish 1 Fairy monster from your GY; Special Summon 1 Fairy monster with a higher Level than the banished monster from your hand.

So, Venus into 3 Balls, this, discard 1 to search Hyperion ("or 1 card that specifically lists the card name "The Sanctuary in the Sky" in its text"), make a Link 2 (Hip Hoshiningen?), banish a Ball to Hyperion from hand?

You'd banish your Venus in your GY to Summon him, as he needs a "The Agent" monster to banish for his effect, but the 3 other balls are fair game for the popping.

This card is revealed days after I was pondering if Archlord Kristya had any chances as a secret tech in these formats, like in Trickstars or Summoned from the hand by Saryuja or Firewall. While this card can search it with its first effect, and get it on board with the second effect, it still requires quite the set-up, and it doesn't look as good when the "search for any Fairy" effect requires the Sanctuary, a discard and Fairy materials to Summon this. At least there are a couple of semi-generic Link2 Fairies to make this a bit more splashable, namely Cherubini, Hoshiningen and Construct.

Honestly, I think the thing that surprises me most about this card is that it doesn't deal piercing.

Isn't there a Counter Trap that can SS this for free?

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Rebirth_of_Parshath

(You need Ariadne up though to bypass said cost though, but yeah)

Besides that, I guess it's alright for the most part; Sanctuary reliance and all notwithstanding (but that was the entire point of SR05 / Parshaths becoming an archetype). At least arrows are good.

Archived