[LVP2] D/D/D Abyss King Gilgamesh

CTpTKmF.png?1

DDD Shinenoh Bilgames / D/D/D Abyss King Gilgamesh
Dark Fiend / Link / Effect
Link-2 1800 / BL BR
2 "D/D" monsters
You can only use this card name's (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
(1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can take 2 "D/D" Pendulum Monsters with different names from your Deck and place them in your Pendulum Zones, and if you do, take 1000 damage, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except "D/D" monsters.
(2) If this Link Summoned card is destroyed by an opponent's attacking monster or an opponent's card effect: You can Special Summon 1 "D/D" monster from your Extra Deck or GY in Defense Position.

It should also be noted that this card enables D/D/D Kaiser the Conqueror, which can use the Pendulum Summon to negate the opponent's board and then pop the Pendulum Scales to attack 3 times with 2800.

That cards biggest problem thus far was the fact it was too risky an investment to set up one's Scales from one's hand, yet with this Link that problem is solved, so it might be a fun idea.

Though to be fair they might need another Link 2 or 3, given these resrictions.

It should also be noted that this card enables D/D/D Kaiser the Conqueror, which can use the Pendulum Summon to negate the opponent's board and then pop the Pendulum Scales to attack 3 times with 2800.

That cards biggest problem thus far was the fact it was too risky an investment to set up one's Scales from one's hand, yet with this Link that problem is solved, so it might be a fun idea.

Though to be fair they might need another Link 2 or 3, given these resrictions.

black and I spoke about this at length.

The optimal scales don't allow you to pendulum summon much of anything, but literally just including Kepler gives you the ability to, and considering Kepler is already a 3-of, it's really not an issue.

As for other links... Honestly I doubt it. As much as I would like another boss to actually play ygo on turn 1, that's not what D/D are about. They are by all means a turn 2 deck, and this just increases the consistency of their pushing plays. The way you want to be playing is to push out more threats than the opponent can answer, and counting to 8000. In this respect, Girugamesh fits perfectly.

Given the mechanics of Temujin, Alexander, and to a lesser degree Caesar, it really only makes sense that this card operates precisely as it does.

All this being said, I would really enjoy seeing a link 3-4 High Girugamesh, if only to keep theme.

Though this feels unimpressive at face value, and doesn't alter the deck in any meaningful way, it makes the value plays infinitely more consistent, while also providing further power plays by making pendulum summoning truly feasible.

Archived