[Written] Utopian Knight

Thomas★Zero

Utopian Knight

LIGHT
Link: D

Warrior/Link/Effect

1 Level 4 Effect Monster

When this card is Link Summoned: Special Summon 1 Level 4 monster from your deck to a zone this card points to in Defence Position with its effects negated. During the turn you activated this effect, the summoned monster cannot be used as a Material for a summon except for a Xyz monster. You can Normal Summon 1 Level 4 monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You only gain this effect once per turn.) You can only Link Summon "Utopian Knight" once per turn.

ATK/1500 LINK-1

So Utopian Knight is a Link 1 monster that requires a Level 4 monster in order to be summoned and when you do summon it, you can get a Level 4 monster from your deck to he field even if its in defence with its effects negated where during the turn its summoned its only limited to Xyz monsters. In addition this card also allows you to normal summon an additional Level 4 in order set up with its first effect a Rank 4 Link for where by its name its designed to help support decks using Utopia and have a lot of Level 4 monsters.

In any deck using Level 4's not only is it good for getting a monster from your deck to use as Xyz Material, this card can also use the additional normal summon in order to ladder up your Link Monster. 

I think it being a 1 card Seraphinite/Goblin is too good, but you do restrict to only level 4s. Problem there is that is a LOT of cards to benefit from it. Vyon, Armageddon Knight, most Zombies, the list goes on. Feels a bit too generic. Summoner Monk would be pretty sick with this.

When this card is Link Summoned; You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 Effect monster from your Deck to a zone this card points to, but it cannot be used as a Material except for an Xyz Summon, and monsters with the same name cannot activate their effects for the rest of the turn. You can only activate this effect of "Utopian Knight" once per turn. During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon/Set 1 Level 4 Effect monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. You can only gain this effect once per turn. 

This does feel like a similar extension to Summoner Monk/Goblindbergh,. You still need 2 Level 4 monsters in hand to summon (1 for the Link, another for the additional NS to Xyz Summon). 

How about more Number focused, considering it's a "Utopia" monster?

When this card is Link Summoned; You can Special Summon 2 Level 4 Effect monsters with different names from your Deck (to zones adjacent to a zone this monster points to?) but monsters with the same name cannot activate their effects for the rest of the turn, and they cannot be used as a Material except for the Xyz Summon of a "Number" Xyz monster,. You can only activate this effect of "Utopian Knight" once per turn. (During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon/Set 1 Level 4 Effect monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. You can only gain this effect once per turn?) 

I apologise for an overhaul. I think this gives it a Utopia feel, rather than a generic one, and also allows you to expand to Numbers that need 3 materials. The limits of the card handhold the player throw a more linear playstyle, which isn't always terrible in card design.

Anything in italics is perhaps optional, to leave or remove. 
I like your idea a lot. I'd like to see more Xyz plays, but this feels like an easy side card just to make Tornado Dragon or Tapir maybe, when it could be a single card to make Utopia the Lightning, or Shark Drake maybe!

Keep up with the ideas, love reading them :)

Archived