Q & A with the Draconus #9!

Draconus297

I just realized my last one got buried, lost to the sands of time.

FAQ:

Q- Why don't you call these AMAs like everyone else?

A- AMA is a silly name. I don't like it.

Q- What's your opinion on Link format?

A- Some of the archetypes to come out are very interesting in concept, but I'm of the opinion that most of the changes affected by Master Rule 4 are stupid and/or unnecessary. Link monsters themselves bother me for many reasons, not least of which is stealing the dark blue color border from Rituals.

Q- 297?

A- 3^3 × 11. Previous versions of this thread have gone over why this combination of numbers specifically.

Q- Draconus?

A- Ancient root words meaning "Dragon Lord". Other potential translations would substitute "Dragon" for "Snake", or "Lord" for "King", but the point stands.

What exactly is a dragon? kod62z0.png?1

A very large, powerful reptile that flies. I think your closest frame of reference would be sea snakes, so . . . A snake. With legs, and usually wings. Intelligent and usually solitary, but mostly defined, interestingly enough, by having large or keen eyes; the Western root word for dragon (Drakon) shares roots with an old word for eyes, and most Eastern dragons also have large and expressive eyes.

Let's see what questions I can ask you.

1. Analyzing the atmosphere of card/banlist discussions, how do you feel about it?

2. Why did you choose to join YCM?

3. You are given a choice of three gifts from a god: Eternal youth, infinite riches or clairvoyance. Which would you choose and why?

4. Say that you were the President/leader of your country/state, etc. In your first 100 days, what would you do? (This may be a fictitious country if you so choose; not necessarily the US or an existing country)

5. Would you prefer to see new blood on this site or keep the current base?

(You may skip any if you do not feel comfortable answering)

How good of a dragon lord are ya? From what I see, ya gotta be terrible to let your dragons go into debt with the boss.

I could say quite the same for any number of the unfortunate souls to wind up in such contracts. You've got to realize that Nintendo and Konami alone are churning out a mile-a-minute vomit of new charges I have to keep track of; sometimes, a dragon or two slips through the cracks. These things happen.

Let's see what questions I can ask you.

1. Analyzing the atmosphere of card/banlist discussions, how do you feel about it?

2. Why did you choose to join YCM?

3. You are given a choice of three gifts from a god: Eternal youth, infinite riches or clairvoyance. Which would you choose and why?

4. Say that you were the President/leader of your country/state, etc. In your first 100 days, what would you do? (This may be a fictitious country if you so choose; not necessarily the US or an existing country)

5. Would you prefer to see new blood on this site or keep the current base?

(You may skip any if you do not feel comfortable answering)

1. Honestly speaking, I follow Link format too little for anything I say in this regard to hold any actual weight. That being said, however, I hold to my opinion that the strongest link in a given chain must be struck down first (it's why I suggested killing Instant Fusion in the situations regarding Norden and the devil bird); if Konami actually wanted to stop Sky Strikers (they're the top Deck now, right?), they would have banned Engage.

2. At first, it was just for the card maker. I posted a half-finished archetype concept or two and thought everything from there was cool; I only joined the community because of the Archetype Game, and I stayed after I created the AGM.

3. Infinite riches. I don't need clairvoyance for any conceivable utility, and my very existence is suffering if the weather becomes the slightest bit too cold, so eternal youth would really do me no good. With that kind of wealth, I could at least fix some sheet I hate before my Mickey Mouse'd mistake of a body goes down.

4. Pour a majority of the available resources into healthcare and education. I've been to shitty hospitals too many times to ever have any conceivable notion of things being okay, and an appropriately educated populace will only make the general quality of life better.

5. Tough question. I'd love a few new regulars, but not at the cost of anyone already here. It's a toxic hellhole, but I've gotten comfortable here.

Do you even play dragon decks anymore?

Yes, actually. It's just that the decks I play aren't relevant anymore, so I play casually instead of going to local or regional events. The closest I've actually gotten towards considering playing Link monsters was actually due to Rokkets. In case you're curious, I've had a Rokket support card I've been sitting on and wondering if I should post for like three weeks now.

[spoiler=If you care]

Chargerokket Dragon

DARK - Level 2 - Dragon/Tuner/Effect - 1000/0

If exactly 1 DARK Dragon-Type monster you control, except "Chargerokket Dragon", is destroyed: You can Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard, and if you do; you can Special Summon 1 "Rokket" monster from your Graveyard, except "Chargerokket Dragon". If you Summon a Dragon-Type monster using only "Rokket" monsters as Material, including this card, you can treat those cards in your Graveyard as having been destroyed on the field. When a Link monster's effect is activated that targets this face-up card (Quick Effect): You can destroy this card, then you can target 1 unoccupied Zone on your opponent's field in the same column as this card; the targeted Zone cannot be used until your next Standby Phase. During the End Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard because it was destroyed on the field: You can Special Summon 1 "Rokket" monster from your Deck, except "Chargerokket Dragon". You can only activate each effect of "Chargerokket Dragon" once per turn.

Weird, I thought my affinity for Chaos-based decks was common knowledge. I guess not much anymore. XD

To our generation, it should be. With anyone from maybe 2013-2014 and beyond, not so much (outside of the subtle cues you made about it).

As for more questions to Draco.

1. Had you decided to participate in this event, what would've you chosen as your character?

2. I guess opinion on the monsters as a whole (even with the ones who technically dropped for whatever reason).

1. Had you decided to participate in this event, what would've you chosen as your character?

2. I guess opinion on the monsters as a whole (even with the ones who technically dropped for whatever reason).

1. Well, given the whole "celebrity/performer" shtick for this Masquerade, I'm honestly clueless as to a character I could play that would fit in. The ones I have the most familiarity with are all taken, and the ones I can think of that aren't are such esoteric choices that anyone and everyone would be able to figure me out immediately. Kiryuin Ragyo, maybe, but even then I'm pretty sure I'd be an obvious monster.

2. We're pretty hit or miss here. Red Guy is solidly holding his gimmick and the Eye Scream man game is pretty clever, the Squid Sisters are incredibly in character, I have to give props to Mysterio, and I have to applaud Statler and Waldorf for managing to keep that up as well as they are . . . and all the others are in a position where I haven't interacted with them much, they're being too quiet to gauge (hi, Yuya, ironically), or their gimmick is too excessive for my tastes. However, I'd like to shake the hand of the madman who put in that tiny detail of Mr. Satan being Level 1.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived