Gods, Angels, and the Floating Zone

urnme23

[spoiler=Introduction]

So this pretty much entirely originated from an attempt to create cards based on the Dragon Ball Super Gods of Destruction. I wanted to capture the "powerful, but don't really care and are mostly on the sidelines" vibe, like when Beerus showed up during the fight between SSB Goku and Gold Frieza and then proceeded to sit on the sidelines doing nothing. The Floating Zone is basically that position of "being there, but not caring enough to participate". The thing about Float Summoning when attacked (see "Gods and Angels") goes back to the concept of the Gods of Destruction not caring about the fights of mortals unless the mortals disrespect them.

It's probably dumb, but I wanted to make this post so I could reference it for the sake of the Gods of Destruction that I was working on.

[spoiler=Note]

I am unsure whether I should have put this in the "Multiples" section since I have more than one card in the "Examples" section, or if it should stay in the "Experimental" section since this involves an experimental Zone, two experimental monster types, and some experimental summoning types. Mods, if you want to move this thread to Multiples, feel free, or feel free to tell me what you'd like me to do with this.

[spoiler=Gods and Angels]

"God" and "Angel" are two new types of Extra Deck monsters. Their summoning conditions are basically like Link Monsters, sacrificing a number of monsters you control to special summon them, though instead of a Link Summon it would be considered a "God Summon" (not much different from a Link Summon; mostly just for card effect purposes, in case any cards specifically list "Link Summoning" or "God Summoning" as part of their effects). Gods and Angels go to an Extra Monster Zone or a Linked Zone like normal, but at the end of the turn they act kind of like "Spirit" monsters, but instead of returning to the deck or hand, they go to the Floating Zone. From there, unless their effects say otherwise, their effects are neutralized (for the sake of card effects, they aren't "negated", they're just inactive, like if the monster were in the hand or deck). From the Floating Zone, God and Angel monsters may be re-summoned by re-fulfilling their original summoning requirements, but this time instead of being God Summoned, they're Float Summoned (again, not much different from a Link Summon, except that this isn't treated as a legitimate summon, so cards like "Bottomless Trap Hole" can't be activated for Float Summons). A God or Angel may also be Float Summoned if the opponent attacks them in the Floating Zone. This is optional, and would occur on the owner's turn if they choose. When Float Summoned, they once again go to an Extra Monster or Linked Monster Zone. And of course, at the end of the turn they still go back to the Floating Zone.

Making up for the ridiculous summoning conditions, God and Angel monsters can be very powerful, either with powerful effects or just insanely high ATK/DEF. With these monsters, 10,000 ATK can be considered relatively low. Of course, to ensure that these things don't become two-tribute OTKs, unless their card effect says otherwise, though these monsters can battle the opponent's monsters, they cannot deal battle damage to the opponent's LP, even if attacking directly.

(I have not decided whether these monsters will have levels.)

[spoiler=Summary]

- Gods and Angels start in the Extra Deck.
- Summon them by sacrificing the specified number of monsters to God Summoning them (like Link Summoning, but not the same for card effect purposes).

- God Summoning puts them in the Extra/Linked Monster Zones.

- Gods and Angels always go to the Floating Zone at the end of the turn they were summoned.

- Floating Zone monsters have their effects neutralized (not negated).

- Monsters in the Floating Zone may be Float Summoned by re-fulfilling their summoning conditions.

- Monsters may also be Float Summoned if they are attacked in the Floating Zone (optional, and occurs during the owner's turn).

- Float Summon is not treated as a type of "summon" for card effects.

- Float-Summoned monsters are summoned to Extra/Linked Monster Zones.

- Gods and Angels can have powerful effects and/or high ATK/DEF (10,000 for either value is "low" for them)

- Gods and Angels cannot deal battle damage to the opponent's Life Points (unless otherwise stated by their effect).

- (May or may not have levels, still deciding).

[spoiler=The Floating Zone]

The Floating Zone, as I stated previously, is a kind of "there but not there" zone. Monsters in the Floating Zone are considered "on the field" and "under your control" for card effect purposes. However, if the only monsters you control are in the Floating Zone, your opponent can attack you directly, though they can choose to attack your Floating Zone monsters if they wish. You may have multiple monsters in your Floating Zone, so it can be considered an "on-field Extra Deck" or "on-field hand". Monsters in the Floating Zone cannot attack and have their effects neutralized (as I said earlier, it is not considered "negated", but simply inactive, like in the hand or deck). They also cannot attack, though they can be attacked. Each player will have their own Floating Zone (haven't decided where, probably next to the Extra Monster Zones). Monsters in the Floating Zone may not be special summoned from the Floating Zone, as technically they are already on the field. Since monsters in the Floating Zone are still technically on the field, they may be targeted for card effects, including equip effects, and remain equipped with any equipped cards whether in an Extra/Linked Monster Zone or in the Floating Zone.

[spoiler=Summary]

- Monsters in the Floating Zone are "on the field" and "under your control" for effect purposes.

- Floating Zone monsters have their effects neutralized (not negated).

- Your opponent may attack you directly if you only control monsters in the Floating Zone.

- Monsters in the Floating Zone cannot attack but may be attacked.

- Multiple monsters can occupy the Floating Zone at a time.

- Each player has 1 Floating Zone (location not determined yet).

- Monsters cannot be "special summoned" from the floating zone since they are already on the field.

- Floating Zone monsters may still be targeted and affected by card effects.

- Floating Zone monsters may be equipped with other cards.

- Cards remain equipped with other cards even if the move from the Extra/Linked Zones to the Floating Zone, or visa versa.

[spoiler=Examples]

For a basic idea, here's some rough ides of Beerus and Zeno I was working on that pretty much started this whole mess. Since these things are basically special Link Monsters, I went with the Link Monster format.

[spoiler=God of Destruction - Beerus]

vMAQ4Hy.png

God of Destruction - Beerus

Attribute: DIVINE

Level: (undetermined, Link Rating = 3 as placeholder)

Type: Spellcaster/God/Effect

Effect:

2 Effect Monsters
You may banish any number of your opponent's monsters from the field that attacked this card or attacked you directly during the previous turn. When this monster battles an opponent's monster, you may banish that monster without applying damage calculation. You may only use one of the above effects per turn, and only once that turn. Once per turn, if this monster would be destroyed due to a card effect that activated as a result of this monster declaring an attack, negate that card's effect and destroy it, then negate this monster's attack.

ATK: 19,400

DEF: (undetermined, the Link format doesn't allow for DEF)

[spoiler=Omni-King - Grand Zeno]

ylAsuWP.png

Omni-King - Grand Zeno

Attribute: DIVINE

Level: (undetermined, Link Rating = 13 as placeholder)

Type: Spellcaster/God/Effect

Effect:

12 "God of Destruction" God-type monsters with different names.

When this monster is God Summoned, you win the duel.

ATK: 0

DEF: (undetermined, the Link format doesn't allow for DEF)

Archived