Political Violence

Ryusei the Morning Star

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/22/nyregion/george-soros-explosive-device.html

Nope. No violence. Nothing violent about mailing bombs to significant democratic party contributers that has been attacked by Republicans for funding everything from migrants to terrorist organizations by republicans.

Sounds like violence is equal opportunity. Now using @ 's logic whoever delivered this is an engineered puppet of the Republicans.

Well he's guilty of that, there's a reason why he can't step foot out of this country. If the GOP was smart they'd just extradite him to Eastern Europe and let them deal with him

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay? Does that mean that he should get bombs mailed to his house? 

Sheesh Melkor. You claim nonviolence and sensibility from your side when really it isn't true whatsoever. You need to get corrected and can't even cite sources on most of your claims and when you do generally it proves my points regarding them. How do you have such strong opinions about things when you're so easy to misinform and spread exaggerated or even false accusations?

I must have half a dozen instances now of you misinterpreting information or you just being wrong about things. 

Okay? Does that mean that he should get bombs mailed to his house? 

Sheesh Melkor. You claim nonviolence and sensibility from your side when really it isn't true whatsoever. You need to get corrected and can't even cite sources on most of your claims and when you do generally it proves my points regarding them. How do you have such strong opinions about things when you're so easy to misinform and spread exaggerated or even false accusations?

I must have half a dozen instances now of you misinterpreting information or you just being wrong about things. 

No he shouldn't be mailed bombs, he should be legally extradited to some East European gulag where he can rot away the rest of his miserable life

Also I look forward to you proving this guy was a republican. Cuz the Ricin boy atleast has a facebook page track record of bashing republicans 

Well the dude for the Ricin charge was arrested and is going through alleged jurisdiction today yet you immediately made the broad claim that it was a democrat 4 days ago. And that's he's immediately guilty. So, I'd like to make the assumption that indeed, the man who mailed the bomb, if they catch him, is a republican. 

Also bashing republicans = democrat now?

Well the dude for the Ricin charge was arrested and is going through alleged jurisdiction today yet you immediately made the broad claim that it was a democrat 4 days ago. And that's he's immediately guilty. So, I'd like to make the assumption that indeed, the man who mailed the bomb, if they catch him, is a republican. 

Also bashing republicans = democrat now?

Didn't I note that he should be deemed innocent until proven guilty cuz it's possible the FBI made a mistake

Yes, getting angry about Kavanaugh and then bashing the 1% and the GOP on facebook for a year is a good indication you're liberal 

https://twitter.com/dhm/status/1055104776353075201

After the threat against Soros, CNN evacuates on-camera after receiving a suspected bomb threat. This is following their reports on how former Democratic president Bill Clinton and Barack Obama similarly received bomb threats.

Initial reports claim that the White House received similar threats, but it turns out that this specific detail was confirmed false: https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1055106739601899521

https://twitter.com/dhm/status/1055104776353075201

After the threat against Soros, CNN evacuates on-camera after receiving a suspected bomb threat. This is following their reports on how former Democratic president Bill Clinton and Barack Obama similarly received bomb threats.

Initial reports claim that the White House received similar threats, but it turns out that this specific detail was confirmed false: https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1055106739601899521

Hearing that they intercepted the WH package at Andrew's, it didn't make it to the WH according to CNN

A person familiar with the matter told Reuters that a suspicious package addressed to the White House was intercepted at an off-site facility

Did Reuters even read their own source?

https://twitter.com/SecretService/status/1055113750544633861

USSS says at this time they don't have a third package. 

Seems it was the other way around. Rather than a package addressed to the White House being intercepted, there was no such package to begin with. The Secret Service did intercept two other packages, but neither of them were addressed to the White House.

Yeah, just confused why the reuters article says otherwise despite the tweet

So because there wasn't one for the current white house, that means that it can be determined that they are, indeed targeting former Democratic presidents while leaving the current Republican president untouched. 

Yup, the ricin guy in fed custody sent it to Mattis, WH, and Collins

Mad bomber here send it to Dem presidents and soros it seems. Will be interesting to see his political ideology when he's caught

https://twitter.com/SecretService/status/1055113750544633861

USSS says at this time they don't have a third package. 

Yeah, just confused why the reuters article says otherwise despite the tweet

Right, that's what I meant. Apologies, I phrased "two other" poorly, since I was trying to say that there wasn't a third package.

Reuters does seem to be amending their reports. Judging by the USSS, I think they were correct Reuters, so I don't think it's that Reuters was saying one thing in spite of that tweet; it's that the tweet was basically calling out Reuters.

So because there wasn't one for the current white house, that means that it can be determined that they are, indeed targeting former Democratic presidents while leaving the current Republican president untouched.

I also brought up CNN because of their political leanings, and since you mentioned Soros before, it stands to reason that each of these targets were chosen because of their Democratic affiliation. However, for the sake of consistency, I do not wish to use that as reason to extrapolate that a Republican must be behind this.

I dig how you use the history of Ricin person threatening Republicans as proof that he's a Democrat but people mailing bombs to 3 major democratic figureheads doesn't make him a Republican immediately.

AKA: hating reds = instant blue but hating blues =/= instant red

https://twitter.com/LMartinezABC/status/1055115781783076865

Ah that explains it, they mixed up the Obama package

I dig how you use the history of Ricin person threatening Republicans as proof that he's a Democrat but people mailing bombs to 3 major democratic figureheads doesn't make him a Republican immediately.

Well when the catch the guy, and he has a face book history full of hating on the blues, I'll call him a republican. Don't worry. Like are you intellectually dishonest or just stupid? There's currently more evidence for the first one. 

Honestly, that's fine. Winter had reason to believe that it was a Democrat who sent the ricin, but I disagreed with him on that. He recognized earlier on the previous page that it was innocent until proven guilty, which was a fair point, so it would not be fair for me to turn around and then claim that a Republican has sent these bomb threats.

Winter said he would be interested in seeing the political ideology of whoever was behind this. He's simply showing curiosity, and taking great care while doing so.

Incidentally, not sure if it's already been stated, but apparently the ricin claim was false? I mean that there was no ricin at all, but they still made a threat to make Collins' husband believe that it was there.

@ Correct me if I'm wrong with anything I've said above. For as much as I get out of hand in Debates arguing with you, I do want to work past that, and I think we've been doing okay in this thread.

https://twitter.com/LMartinezABC/status/1055115781783076865

Ah that explains it, they mixed up the Obama package

Given that they state it was received, I assume that this is not one of the two that had already been intercepted, so is this an additional package?

Honestly, that's fine. Winter had reason to believe that it was a Democrat who sent the ricin, but I disagreed with him on that. He recognized earlier on the previous page that it was innocent until proven guilty, which was a fair point, so it would not be fair for me to turn around and then claim that a Republican has sent these bomb threats.

Winter said he would be interested in seeing the political ideology of whoever was behind this. He's simply showing curiosity, and taking great care while doing so.

Incidentally, not sure if it's already been stated, but apparently the ricin claim was false? I mean that there was no ricin at all, but they still made a threat to make Collins' husband believe that it was there.

@ Correct me if I'm wrong with anything I've said above. For as much as I get out of hand in Debates arguing with you, I do want to work past that, and I think we've been doing okay in this thread.

Given that they state it was received, I assume that this is not one of the two that had already been intercepted, so is this an additional package?

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/10/04/navy-vet-confessed-to-sending-ricin-envelopes-officials-say/

Hmm most recent article still says Ricin and he admitted to it too. Still doesn't make him guilty till the court says he is guilty.

Two packages to Obama? I'm pretty sure there was only one and they caught it in andrew's

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/10/04/navy-vet-confessed-to-sending-ricin-envelopes-officials-say/

Hmm most recent one still says Ricin and he admitted to it. Still doesn't make him guilty till the court says he is

Two packages to Obama? I'm pretty sure there was only one and they caught it in andrew's

Okay, for some reason a lot of the reports I was seeing were about a different guy, which was my confusion. Although Collins doesn't seem to have been mentioned in that article? That seems… concerning.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/19/man-arrested-for-threatening-to-kill-senators-over-kavanaugh-support.html

This is who I'm thinking of. So this probably means that two different guys both made (roughly) the same threat to different targets.

------

Seems like one bomb was intercepted at Andrews and another was received at Anacostia-Bolling.

Well when the catch the guy, and he has a face book history full of hating on the blues, I'll call him a republican. Don't worry. Like are you intellectually dishonest or just stupid? There's currently more evidence for the first one.

You asserted he was a Democrat when you first opened this thread before he was caught, just because you were retroactively correct doesn't change the fact that you were way quicker to slam this guy as being lumped in with the Democrats in general with no evidence then the bomber.

Before you use the Kavanaugh thing, you don't need to be a Dem to disagree with that vote.

Show your evidence.

You asserted he was a Democrat when you first opened this thread before he was caught, just because you were retroactively correct doesn't change the fact that you were way quicker to slam this guy as being lumped in with the Democrats in general with no evidence then the bomber.

Before you use the Kavanaugh thing, you don't need to be a Dem to disagree with that vote.

Show your evidence.

Proto, come on. Winter already relented on that, and he's now waiting for the courts to decide whether or not the man is guilty. His point is that they have a suspect in custody, while there isn't one for these bomb threats. Winter is being consistent here, it's just that these two investigations are at different stages, so he can make a more informed decision on one, while he's waiting to see more about the other.

Harris office in CA evacuated too

Show your evidence.

You do realize I posted this after the 4th when the FBI picked him up right?

Val1ne faulted me for not waiting till the courts sentenced him, which is correct. 

Your desire to get one over me is impairing your critical thinking

Fair. When you cite an article that includes the Kavanaugh stuff and not the information that actually frames him as a Democrat I'm forced to assert doubt on your claims. But, fine, I'm overreaching due to a misunderstanding. Not really being intellectually dishonest. I go off what you post not what I assume you know because I'm not a mind reader.

But yeah I overreached. This was you improperly citing instead of being dishonest

Proto, come on. Winter already relented on that, and he's now waiting for the courts to decide whether or not the man is guilty. His point is that they have a suspect in custody, while there isn't one for these bomb threats. Winter is being consistent here, it's just that these two investigations are at different stages, so he can make a more informed decision on one, while he's waiting to see more about the other.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38404033

I'm just reminded of this. Occam's Razor does suggest this is a right leaning loon, and most likely it will be. But as with the Chuch Burner and the guy vandalizing the Jewish Centers, we really wont know till the FBI nabs him.

At which point social media will pretty much clarify where the chips will fall

So the package sent to Eric Holder, Obama, Clinton had Debbie Wasserman Schultz' return address. The package had the WRONG address and was sent back to DWS' office. Might be possible that someone who dislikes the fine lady from Fl  is behind this

Archived