Blackwing Sovereign - Senku the Western Wind

moneysymbolwithfingers

So, I'd like some help with the PSCT on this one - basically, does this effect work/make sense? 

Name: Blackwing Sovereign - Senku the Western Wind

Attribute: Dark

Level: 7

Type: Winged Beast

Card Text: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by having exactly 4 "Blackwing" monsters in your GY. Cannot be tributed. Cannot be targeted by an opponent's card effects. If your opponent targets one of your face-up "Blackwing" monsters for attack or with a monster effect, you can banish one "Blackwing" monster from your GY; Special Summon one "Blackwing" Synchro monster from your Extra Deck, ignoring its summoning conditions, and make it the new target, but return it to the Extra Deck during the End Phase. 

ATK: 3000

DEF: 2600

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by having exactly 4 "Blackwing" monsters in your GY. Cannot be Tributed. Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. If your opponent targets exactly 1 face-up "Blackwing" monster you control for an attack or monster's effect: You can banish 1 "Blackwing" monster from your GY; Special Summon 1 "Blackwing" Synchro monster from your Extra Deck, ignoring its summoning conditions, and if you do, that effect/attack now targets that monster, but return it to the Extra Deck during the End Phase.

Doesn't really need to be in experimental, tbqh. We already have direct Summoning from the Extra Deck and target changing. Effect is pretty much readable; just minor grammar fixes, remembering to differentiate the condition and cost for the effect

Pretty meh, despite its strength, if I'm being honest. Joe does the same thing but slightly better, even if it is less permanent, but then we have full armor for that. Might run it at one if I get lucky, but it doesn't really help the archetype very much.

I'd honestly say that a level 7 is just perfect for a 5600 total monster. But following the BEWD rule here, I'd say bump it up to a level 8. But given the fact that you technically have to have 4 monsters in the grave and this in your hand to summon it, the pacing actually balances it out for it stay at 7.

Reminder that the BEWD rule only applies to Normal Monsters and even so, it's just a fan convention from the anime. It has no official bearing on card design.

As for the card, it basically shares Judgment Dragon's summon conditions except for "Blackwings" and more/less is removal/Kaiju proof. As far as the effect goes, MR4 does prove to be somewhat of a problem (and moreso that the only "good" Blackwing Synchros are Full-Armor Master, Joe, Raikiri/Chidori and Sohaya [iirc]). None of them are Nomi iirc and I suppose summoning Silverwind wouldn't be a terrible idea either. The pool doesn't suck, but as far as Blackwings go, don't think it is something they could use.

But since you asked if the effect makes sense, answer is yes, it does.

I more ignore the BEWD rule when I design cards. I was more looking to my own design standard where a level 7 monster would max at 5800 total atk/def. But he was a couple points short of the max so the effect is good for where it stands.

Archived