Ultimate Defiant Fiend

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Ultimate Defiant Fiend
WATER
✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪ (Level 10)
[Fiend/Effect]
ATK/ 3500 DEF/ 3000

You can Special Summon this card from your hand to your opponent's side of the field. The effect of all other monsters you control are negated, also they cannot attack. This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls, once each.

[spoiler=Intent]To make a counterpart of Ultimate Obedient Fiend:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimate_Obedient_Fiend

Much better than Obedient Fiend in my opinion. I know that's not saying much, but still. You're giving them a monster for free, but it's not like they can do more than attack with it. Given how Link Summoning is the norm, you could theoretically just clog most of your opponent's field; bottleneck them. Sure, your opponent gets free attacks and a beatstick, but their monsters can't even use their effects. I like it. It's a fun way to mess with your opponent while not taking away many resources.

This has its pros and cons over a Kaiju (*cough Gameciel*).

Good part is that it stops the opponent from using it as Link Material and negating effects/attacks on the rest of the board. Bad part is obviously not removing a problem monster (which Kaijus and such do) and giving the opponent a 3.5K monster to hit you with [also doesn't prevent opponent from using other monsters as material]. Yes, backrow exists and battle oriented stuff usually gets stopped beforehand, but yeah. Suppose you could figure out a way to make that work in your favor, but any of those are probably gimmicky as hell.

Compared to its counterpart, yeah, it's a lot less restrictive even if you do bring it back to your field somehow and don't mind the attack/effect locking.

It immediately shuts down oppressive boards (ALL of their monsters), it single handedly outclasses The Winged Dragon of Ra - Sphere Mode, given that this card does not even require your Normal Summon.

This might need a Cyber Dragon Summoning restriction, as it is it breaking boards is fine and something I actually like, however it is far too oppressive if you go first, while you do not get rid of it you are under a one-sided Skill Drain and are not even allowed to Link Material it away.

This card powercreeps Kaijus and should actually be broken.

I suggest allowing to Link Material it away (and require the opponent to have monsters on their field).

Well, part of what makes it so useful is that your opponent can't Link it off. Making it able to be used as Link Material makes its utility nearly vanish, and kills its potential. I definitely agree on the CyDra condition, though. Make it a comeback tool, not an oppression tool.

Not really, if it can be Linked away it is not horribly oppressive, yet it still outcreeps Kaijus and Sphere Mode in that it can straight up negate ALL monsters on the opponents side of the field for the turn, immediately breaking ANY turn 1 board that does not straight up prevents its summon.

That should be more than good enough.

Archived