DM/"Magician's" + "Magician Girls" support (WRITTEN)

Bruteboii

Can't find decent images for cards, so written this time.

[spoiler=Illusion Magician Girl] Illusion Magician Girl
(DARK/ Spellcaster/ Effect/ Level 6/ ATK-1700/ DEF-2000)

If this card is added to your hand by a card effect; You can Special Summon it. If this card is sent to the GY; You can Special Summon 1 "Magician Girl" monster from your Deck with a different name than monsters you control or in your GY, and while that monster is on the field, your opponent cannot target other monsters for an attack. You can only activate each effect of "Illusion Magician Girl" once per turn.

[spoiler=Magician's Mien]
Magician's Mien
(DARK/ Spellcaster/ Effect/ Level 4/ ATK-200/ DEF-0)

If you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card is Summoned; Add 1 "Magician's" monster (except "Magician's Mien") from your Deck to your hand, then immediately after this effect resolves, you can Normal Summon a monster with the same name. (Quick Effect): You can banish this card from your GY; You can activate Traps from your hand until the end of the next turn. You can only activate each effect of "Magician's Mien" once per turn.

[spoiler=Apprentice Magician Girl] Apprentice Magician Girl
(LIGHT/ Spellcaster/ Link/ Effect/ ATK-2000/ Link-2/ Arrows: DL, D)

2 "Magician Girl" monsters
When this card is Link Summoned; Add 1 DARK Spellcaster monster from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn; You can Special Summon 1 Spellcaster monster from your hand, then, if that monster is "Dark Magician Girl", you can add 1 Normal Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Apprentice Magician Girl" once per turn.

[spoiler='Magician's Dark Illusion]
Magician's Ebon Illusion
(DARK/ Spellcaster/ Link/ Effect/ ATK-2100/ Link-2/ Arrows: D, R)
2 Spellcaster monsters, including 1 "Magician's" monster

When this card is Link Summoned: Add 1 "Dark Magician" or a card that specifically lists "Dark Magician" in its text from your GY to your hand. (Quick Effect); You can Special Summon 1 Rank 7 Spellcaster monster from your Extra Deck to a Main Monster Zone this card points to, and if you do, attach this card to that monster as an Xyz Material, You can only activate this effect of "Magician's Dark Illusion" once per turn.

[spoiler=Dark Magic Resources] Dark Magic Resources
(Normal Spell)
Place up to 2 cards that specifically list "Dark Magician" in their text from your hand to the bottom of your Deck: Draw an equal number of cards returned to the Deck +1. You cannot draw cards by card effects until the end of the next turn. If a face-up Spell/Trap card would be destroyed, you can banish this card from your GY instead, then send 1 Spell from your Deck to the GY.

[spoiler=Trivia]
Illusion Magician Girl

• Appearance is akin to Magician of Dark Illusion, but for DMG (including Dark Magical Circle).
  • It doesn't fit in with the "theme" of B L A C K like the other Magician Girls, as it's not so much a monster, but an apparition/"illusion" of DMG herself.

Magician's Mien

• Appearance is of the 6th DM art release (found in SDMY), but in the blue/pink hues alike Magician's Robe and Rod. Dark Magical Circle is included.
  • Mien can mean personality or presence, so the whole image in this art would reference the "air" or arcane energies of the Dark Magician.
  • ATK-200/DEF-0 would complete the stat total for DM when combined with Robe and Rod. Level 4 as a progression of Robe (Level 2) and Rod (Level 3). (Did not want another Level 2 in the same fashion as stat total.)

TBC

So I like to try and "finish" archetypes. Testing DM, it wants to try and play a lot of techs, that all end up to be quite bricky. This doesn't necessarily trim the brickiness of the deck, but allows fewer cards to make more plays, and these cards also allow a bit more bridge between DMG and her Magician Girls, and DM and his "Magician's", which haven't been an archetype until now (just a series).

Illusion Magician Girl is to allow a bit more extension with Berry Magician Girl, and an extra recovery with Apple Magician Girl. The summoned monster being the only attack target allows a bit more control, to increase the likelihood of Magician Girl effects activating when attacked.

Magician's Mien is the extension DM needs after resolving the popular Spellbook engine, or giving more field presence than "Rod, search, pass". I liked the idea of providing a search into Rod, robe, or if you like, Valkyrie, AND a chance to Normal Summon said monster (akin to True Dracos). We don't have an effect yet that allows you to Special Summon a monster and treat it as a Normal Summon, so a NS by effect is the easiest way around it. The GY effect is to give DM exactly what it needs; playing without having to pass first! (Navigation is SO good for the Deck. If only it was a Quick-Play Spell).

Chaos Magician Girl (such a bad name, it isn't even Chaos related, but I wanted a bit more opposition to DMG. I'm working on it). Requires Magician Girls to push the archetype into a direction that either allows itself to provide more plays, or to work in tangent with the above cards. DMG is NEVER taken seriously, so I thought we should provide a reason you'd WANT to play her. You summon a DMG, she doesn't give you much in terms of advantage, but for choosing her over everybody else, you can add Dark Burning Attack (or Raigeki), Hey, Trunade!, Monster Reborn (it isn't busted, change my mind), or The Eye of Timaeus, and so on. I think this was balanced out by specifying only Normal Spells, and, come on, DMG is a fan fave, but she does nothing in terms of gameplay. This is a nice incentive.

Magician's Ebon Illusion was a weird one. A Link monster opens up Zones for you to pull monsters from the Extra Deck to, but this one also lets you replace it with said monster you would Summon. Allowing easier access into a Rank 7, you can choose Ebon Illusion Magician, you can then SS DM from the Deck, and push a stronger attack. The requirements also make the odd number Spellcasters in the Deck have more use in the flexible but archetype based Link Monster. It felt right to allow a recovery, as Rod searches and Robe Special Summons, but I expanded it to CARDS, not just Spell/Trap cards, so you can recover both Rod and Robe, AND DMG.

Dark Magic Resources was admittedly a throw in. I would like more draw, and this allows you to correct any "bricks" in your hand, and place them at the bottom. Placing at the bottom of the Deck is important so not to conflict with Dark Magical Circle, and because you don't want to draw those cards when you can search/SS them anyway.

EDIT: Updated Dark Magic Resources

• 4 weeks later...

Archived