YCS Niagara Falls Tournament Report

Round 1: Play against Dark Warrior Spam. Good player see him in a lot of videos related to Yugioh in Toronto. He does gumblar Dark Law sheet and I opened triple Eagle Booster so I just scoop game 1. Game 2 I go first and open double uncontested Engages. I win just as time is called. Draw

0-0-1

Round 2: Invoked Mekk Knight. Kinda dont need to write a description on this cause it's an easy win. Shark Cannon and D.D Crow all of his GY targets when he is trying to resolve an invocation so he is forced to summon awful Invoked Fusions. He tries to make Elysium and I use Eagle Booster on his EMZ Caliga so Invocarion resolves without effect. Easy 2-0

1-0-1

Round 3. Sky Striker

Game 1 He opens the dick and balls and stops everything I do. I scoop fast to avoid stupid time rules

Game 2. I make him go first. He gets a crazy start. I see he plays Veiler from game 1 so I work a way to play around it. He sets 4 + Multirole + Area Zero and Shizku search Eagle Booster. My turn I multirole to pop Area Zero and summon Raye from Deck and link into Hayate. I activate Eagle Booster targeting Hayate so he is unaffected by his Shizuku and then Engage search Raye. Normal Summon Raye and head to BP. Crash Raye into his Shizuku so he summons Raye from GY. Head to end of BP and tribute Raye for cost then chain Evenly Matched. He keeps 1 facedown then Raye resolves and I summon Kagari to add Engage back to hand. He cant recover from the big brain big dick play and scoops.

Game 3: He bricks, I don't. Fast game

2-0-1

Round 3: Sky Striker

Played out very similar to the previous round but I win game 1 and 2 because 3 Eagle Booster > 2 Eagle Booster in main.

Round 4: Some dude from some rando pro team on Dark Gouki

Game 1: I go first and stop his feeble attempts to make a board with Widow Anchor and Ash spam. Set up Topoglic Bomber Dragon so he cant ever ladder up and protect it with Eagle booster. I win

Game 2: He goes first but I prevent his Gumblar shenanigans with hand traps. Make Topologic again but this time equip it with Hercule Base for stupid mad damage. Win in time.

3-0-1

Round 5: Sky Striker

Game 1 win. Game 2 lose in time. Draw

3-0-2

Round 6: Sky Striker

Game 1. Open crazy and just outpace him all game for a decently paced win

Game 2: I twin twisters his multirole sets and then Engage. He doesn't play 3 Eagle Booster so I grind out better and win in time.

4-0-2

Round 7. I play against funking Bohdan. Unlucky me. He plays Thunder Dragonals.

Game 1: He opens double Colossus + Titan. I have one widow anchor so I scoop

Game 2: I multiole and set reservedly it avoid Evenly and keep space open so I dont get Denko locked. He summons Denko and OTKs anyways. Probably fastest game I played that day and my first loss.

4-1-2

Round 8. Owner of YGOrg on Altergeists.

Two really big name players back to back. Unlucky for this b0i.

Game 1: I go first and dont open that great. We grind out but he hits that point of no return (aka link summoning hextia) so I scoop.

Game 2: Open mostly D.D Crow and Pankratops. We grind but he lands that sweet Secret Village and I cant come back. I needed to win this round to make day 2 so rip me.

4-2-2 and final round

I came to the conclusion that new time rules suck ballz and should probably be reverted. Even though I didnt make day 2, two of my teammates did so we good.

I'll type my list out off the top of my head and will edit it if I make a mistake when I get home

Monsters: 9

3 Ray's

3 Ashe

3 Ogre

Spells: 31

3 Engage

3 Widow Anchor

3 Eagle Booster

3 Twin Twister

3 Shared Ride

2 Multirole

2 Area Zero

2 Terraforming

2 Pot of Desires

2 Called By the Grave

1 Hornet Drones

1 Afterburner

1 Shark Cannon

1 Hercule Base

1 Reinforcment of the Army

1 Upstart

Extra 15:

3 Kagari

3 Shizkuku

3 Hayate

1 Borrelsword

1 Topolgoic Bomber

1 Ningirsu

1 Unicorn

1 Phoenix

1 Isolde

Side: 15

3 Pankratops

3 D.D. Crow

3 Infinite Impermanence

3 Evenly Matched

3 Mind Crush

Most common sides were Mind Crush and D.D. Crow.

So, x3 Eagle Booster is mostly for the mirror vs. Strikers?

I guess you could have run a Ventriloquist to play under Village?

Why not even a single Jamming Wave or a 3rd Area Zero?

Isn't both Ningirsu and Unicorn redundant, or what's the advantage of having both in the ED? I have seen at least 1 build that runs Ningirsu but no Unicorn.

So, x3 Eagle Booster is mostly for the mirror vs. Strikers?

I guess you could have run a Ventriloquist to play under Village?

Why not even a single Jamming Wave or a 3rd Area Zero?

Isn't both Ningirsu and Unicorn redundant, or what's the advantage of having both in the ED? I have seen at least 1 build that runs Ningirsu but no Unicorn.

3 Eagle Booster vs Mirror. Side out to 2 or 1 vs others. 3 is still fine if you can lock link spam decks out with Bomber Dragon and protect it.

There is no need for 3 area zero it can lead to shitty hands. Jamming Waves sucks ass. Twin Twisters is more than enough. Jamming Waves is only good for the 2nd effect to pop untargetable monsters like Diabolos etc. Wasnt too worried about him anyways cause I can still play around cards like him with Bomber and Eagle Booster.

No Ventriloquist because I left it in a forgotten deck box back in Alberta. I originally had it over Unicorn but needed a last minute 15th extra deck card. Both are not redundant at all because of Ningirsu's summoning requirements sometimes you cant ladder out of your main monster zone locking your spells. You can with Unicorn.

Archived