Raeil, Soulbrute of the Dark Essence

Atypical-Abbie

A Rank 7 Xyz Monster that allows you to return your banished monsters to the GY as well as banish your opponent's monsters. Along with that, when this card leaves the field, you get to Special Summon those monsters, but your opponent's monsters also return to their field.

raeil_soulbrute_of_the_dark_essence_by_z

2 Level 7 monsters

You can detach 1 material from this card, then target 1 of your banished monsters and 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; return the first target to the GY, and if you do, banish the second target. If this card leaves the field: Return as many of your opponent's monsters banished by this card's effect to their field, then you can Special Summon the same monsters you returned to the GY by this card' effect.

The art is really fitting for a X-Saber.

As for the card and effect, I don't find it outstanding. Sure, it can remove a threat right away through banishment, but it needs a bit of set-up by requiring a banished monster in addition to the materials needed for its Xyz Summon, and if leaves the field the opponent gets its cards back, making it riskier to play. Instead, I looks better as a play extender: if you use it as material after using its effect, you get to Summon the previously banished monster, allowing you to follow up with combos. You could even make a case of banishing the opponent's monster being as more of a Farfa-like effect than removal to temporarily remove monsters that otherwise would disrupt your follow-up plays, or at least bait them. Still, going through this monster to Summon a banished monsters looks too convoluted and more situational to me when you could, let's say, go for Tomahawk instead and aim for bigger plays and ladders.

So, here is a suggestion: remove the OPT restriction. That way you get to "Farfa-stun" and Summon more monsters in the process, and allows a more offensive push if you aren't Link laddering. You could even further improve it by allowing you to use 2 or more Level 7s as materials so you get more uses for its effect.

The art is really fitting for a X-Saber.

As for the card and effect, I don't find it outstanding. Sure, it can remove a threat right away through banishment, but it needs a bit of set-up by requiring a banished monster in addition to the materials needed for its Xyz Summon, and if leaves the field the opponent gets its cards back, making it riskier to play. Instead, I looks better as a play extender: if you use it as material after using its effect, you get to Summon the previously banished monster, allowing you to follow up with combos. You could even make a case of banishing the opponent's monster being as more of a Farfa-like effect than removal to temporarily remove monsters that otherwise would disrupt your follow-up plays, or at least bait them. Still, going through this monster to Summon a banished monsters looks too convoluted and more situational to me when you could, let's say, go for Tomahawk instead and aim for bigger plays and ladders.

So, here is a suggestion: remove the OPT restriction. That way you get to "Farfa-stun" and Summon more monsters in the process, and allows a more offensive push if you aren't Link laddering. You could even further improve it by allowing you to use 2 or more Level 7s as materials so you get more uses for its effect.

I have removed the OPT clause as you suggested. I intentionally made this to be a retro Xyz, as I have been doing the whole "2+" thing for a lot of my recent Xyzs.

Archived