Nordic Martyrs Sub-Archetype

Dainsleif

Make sure you post the effects underneath so easier for people to read (if bad eyesight or viewing on small screens).

Anyway...

Narfi is really only good for SSing himself if Baldur goes to the GY and you end up getting burned. Doesn't really do much else, except maybe as a side trigger against Trickstars or something.

Sigyn is another side tech thing; again though, outside Trickstar/Chain Burn, you will rarely get effect burn from the opponent unless monster has a burn effect when something dies. Would've been nice if it worked on your burn too.

Nanna is too reliant on the Aesirs to really do much, even if it does allow you to remove without targeting. It and Narfi are the only means of making Baldur anyway without going Vanadis, so guess you run them somewhere. Probably could just have it send stuff to the GY without having to Tribute it.

Hod is kinda meh to be honest. Granted, you inflict the same amount of damage, but unless it's a big enough amount, not worth it. Or I suppose in conjunction with Baldur, get rid of a monster in the chain so you don't get burned as hard.

Asgard is a much better Field Spell than Nordic Lights ever was, though you need to specify when you can SS a "Nordic" monster. Is it a trigger that works on activation or you can pull it off once per turn if conditions are met? Honestly, as Nordics are, you can just give them a free SS without needing to have less monsters.

Mistilteinn is okay, I guess. Effect negation is fine and forces opponent to hit your big monster, but nothing prevents it from being used as material.

Not seeing much reason for Gjallarhorn to be a Counter Trap, unless you really wanted it to not be Ash Blossom'd or something. The Soul Charge-esque thing is okay, I suppose, as Nordics do need their presence. Now if only Nordics had ED that aren't Aesirs.

Make sure you post the effects underneath so easier for people to read (if bad eyesight or viewing on small screens).

Anyway...

Narfi is really only good for SSing himself if Baldur goes to the GY and you end up getting burned. Doesn't really do much else, except maybe as a side trigger against Trickstars or something.

Sigyn is another side tech thing; again though, outside Trickstar/Chain Burn, you will rarely get effect burn from the opponent unless monster has a burn effect when something dies. Would've been nice if it worked on your burn too.

Nanna is too reliant on the Aesirs to really do much, even if it does allow you to remove without targeting. It and Narfi are the only means of making Baldur anyway without going Vanadis, so guess you run them somewhere. Probably could just have it send stuff to the GY without having to Tribute it.

Hod is kinda meh to be honest. Granted, you inflict the same amount of damage, but unless it's a big enough amount, not worth it. Or I suppose in conjunction with Baldur, get rid of a monster in the chain so you don't get burned as hard.

Asgard is a much better Field Spell than Nordic Lights ever was, though you need to specify when you can SS a "Nordic" monster. Is it a trigger that works on activation or you can pull it off once per turn if conditions are met? Honestly, as Nordics are, you can just give them a free SS without needing to have less monsters.

Mistilteinn is okay, I guess. Effect negation is fine and forces opponent to hit your big monster, but nothing prevents it from being used as material.

Not seeing much reason for Gjallarhorn to be a Counter Trap, unless you really wanted it to not be Ash Blossom'd or something. The Soul Charge-esque thing is okay, I suppose, as Nordics do need their presence. Now if only Nordics had ED that aren't Aesirs.

But they do. Gullveig of the Nordic Ascendant.

Well, outside Gullveig anyway and she only gets her effect off when Link Summoned. It helps, but not enough to get Nordics up to speed with the current stuff.

It depends on what you are facing. I also intentionally made Nordic Martyrs in of themselves a little slower because it balances out nicely with how fast Nordic Alfar and Nordic Ascendant play(both of which can call their respective Aesir on turn 1 if they have the right hand).

Archived