Childhood fears

The Nyx Avatar

Some childhood fears I had that I don't have now were low-flying planes, lightning, and thunder. Thunder's more annoying than scary now, and lightning's one of the coolest things ever.

Some fears that still hold to this day are heights, bees, balloons, fire alarms, and large moving objects or creatures.

Wasps... not really exciting but they scared the hell out of me! Just the noise of a buzz made me feel like I was about to die hahahaha!

Yeah, exactly this. At first, for me, it was the stingers, but now it's just that very unsettling buzzing when they're right next to your ear.

Wasps... not really exciting but they scared the hell out of me! Just the noise of a buzz made me feel like I was about to die hahahaha!

Yeah, exactly this. At first, for me, it was the stingers, but now it's just that very unsettling buzzing when they're right next to your ear.

Same. I still hate wasps and insects buzzing near my ear.

Some of my childhood fears were possession (mind control and such), heights, the dark, masks, and death.

By now most of those fears have subsided. But the fear of the dark still remains. I can usually go to sleep in the dark. But walking into the hallway or bathroom at night? Nope. Turning on lights.

Tails Doll was my bogeyman in elementary school. Didnt stop me from constantly drawing pictures of him even though he was my worst nightmare. I actually remember me and my friend would do sleepovers and wed have to look over the corner if the hallway late at night to check and see if the Tails Doll was there and whenever I was walking out of my room alone id have to run to the light switch in each room I passed by because the thought of the Tails Doll getting me in the dark was terrifying.

• 4 weeks later...

Heights.

But not being on top of them, looking up at them.

I went to Westminster Abbey once, but the ceilings are so tall that I nearly passed out.

I am the complete opposite I hate looking down... had to do high ropes for part of my job and had a full blown panic attack half way up in the air hahahaha

~MK

• 4 weeks later...

I have a fair few:

Blood - used to be to the point where i couldn't say or type the word, probably something to do with the images of jesus i saw when i was younger or something and other things that have happened in life, it's not as bad now but i wouldn't find it pleasant

The Dark - still a fear to this day somewhat, i think it came about when my parents said demons were real

The Future/Tomorrow - It's hard to sleep because i always fear the coming day

My dad and maybe heights to an extent too but honestly heights dont scare me that much because falling far and dying isnt the end of the world ngl

Archived