Delete Debates

Genuinely not sure why people think killing debates will be a blow to me. Yeh I was one of the founders of the modern debates, but I mostly post in TCG these days anyway

That makes about as much sense as declaring yourself the founder of a ghost town after everyone left because they didn't want to stay in the same neighborhood anymore.

That makes about as much sense as declaring yourself the founder of a ghost town after everyone left because they didn't want to stay in the same neighborhood anymore.

I don't really care about debates any more....like that's not the way you're gonna get to me

Most of the old sparring partners have, like Brightflame, have already left due to how the section was moderated. 

Dany's suggestion is akin to nuking a ghost town

If the statement is true, then maybe the site's traffic would greatly benefit.

Good trade-off imo

Touche

I don't really care about debates any more....like that's not the way you're gonna get to me

Most of the old sparring partners have, like Brightflame, have already left due to how the section was moderated. 

Dany's suggestion is akin to nuking a ghost town

That's fair. Debates is such a ghost town that there's really no point in nuking it. I can't really speak to why other people would have left because of the moderation, but there's another thread about how the section still needs even more changes about how it's moderated. Moderate the people who still go there, don't destroy the section entirely.

Like I said earlier in the thread, there's that other one in News that you can bring up suggestions / opinions about the Debates section. While that one is trying to fix the place whereas this one is advocating for deletion, it ultimately deals with section handling in the end. 

May be better to bring up this discussion over there (also for those of you who haven't weighed in on the proposal, gives you a chance to speak up too and propose things that could be done).

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/375901-discourse-reforming-the-debates-subsection/

Archived