Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Yu-Gi-Oh: Domino Elementary [OOC/Accepting/Started]

- - - - - Yugioh OOC Accepting

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Advanced Members
  • 494 posts
    Last Visit Today, 03:14 PM

Setting

Guideline

Accepted Sub-Types

Rules of the Class 104 Grand Prix

Locations

Calander

Non-Player Characters

Accepted Characters

Application

Insanity.

Godbrand

Godbrand

jamais vu is a serious matter......

• Advanced Members
  • 413 posts
    Last Visit Today, 04:06 PM
  • Discord:MidnightTexas
  • Alias:SK79LinkXyz

I haven't worked out all the details yet but I thought it might be a fun (and most likely short) idea to do a yugioh RP set in an elementary school where all the kids in a class have their own little duel monsters tournament, no real stakes or anything, just a bunch of kids enjoying a game. Who knows, if it goes well I might do a second arc of a school wide tournament set up by the principle or something, anyway thoughts? I just wanted something light and fun.

It's not fun or intriguing enough to warrant people wanting to join. Maybe provide more information.
"behold I shall be a blight upon this forum

and everything I touch shall wither and die."

Yui

Yui

「Number 2」

• Jack of All Trades

• 3,721 posts
    Last Visit 3 minutes ago
  • Alias:Yui

It's not fun or intriguing enough to warrant people wanting to join. Maybe provide more information.

speak for yourself mate.

Having said that, more information would be much appreciated. And perhaps a clarification as to why elementary school specifically? Is it to differentiate the RP from Skies, which takes place in a high school? In that case, why not a college?

mzcihZ4.gif

you're just a well-rounded, gatorade-drinking gif machine that looks like He-Man and Shaggy had a lovechild.

stuff I've won

Godbrand

Godbrand

jamais vu is a serious matter......

• Advanced Members
  • 413 posts
    Last Visit Today, 04:06 PM
  • Discord:MidnightTexas
  • Alias:SK79LinkXyz

speak for yourself mate.

He did not presented the RP in a manner that would intrigue or raise curiosity that would get people want to join. He has to paint to world, the adventure, the mystery and etc. of the RP. He can most certainly try again.
"behold I shall be a blight upon this forum

and everything I touch shall wither and die."

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Merry Neomas!

• Moderators
  • 11,807 posts
    Last Visit Today, 06:48 AM
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

He did not presented the RP in a manner that would intrigue or raise curiosity that would get people want to join. He has to paint to world, the adventure, the mystery and etc. of the RP. He can most certainly try again.

That's not for you to decide tbh.

Interest Checks are meant to be short to get a feel for what people would want. Then it turns into the OOC which provides more information.

The purpose of this thread is to determine if the basic premise is something people would enjoy. And they can certainly just answer any additional questions someone would have.

Anyway, I do think a more casual and light tone for a YGO RP could be something that the site is lacking atm

8PBUpdp.gif

Tythe

Tythe

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,580 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Tinkerer
Noting interest.
Hello, fine peoples!

Oh hey, something notable I guess

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 494 posts

speak for yourself mate.

Having said that, more information would be much appreciated. And perhaps a clarification as to why elementary school specifically? Is it to differentiate the RP from Skies, which takes place in a high school? In that case, why not a college?

I just went with elementary as a first thought, due to the low stakes environment I'm going for the highest I'd be willing to go would be maybe 7th or 8th grade and that's a big maybe, the point over all is just to be some kids how like duel monsters having their own little tournament, if the novelty wears off I could always introduce an actual threat later on. I guess if elementary age kids are to limiting I could raise the age limit to the previously mentioned middle school range

Insanity.

Ciao Babe (not really)

Ciao Babe (not really)

Fuck me gently with a chainsaw

• CHAZZ IT UP
  • 743 posts
    Last Visit 9 minutes ago
  • Discord:XOXOnotreally#6571
  • Spouse:Dae and Darj

I'm usually not active here but this sounds cute. Noting interest. 

Rep Card by Jay, a friend I won't forget

Thank You

Mission Accomplished

My Actual Wife

Arkars

Arkars

• Members
  • 31 posts
    Last Visit Today, 03:39 PM
This sounds both adorable and interesting. Interest noted.

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 494 posts

here's the draft of the OOC, please mention any issues you find

Insanity.

Tythe

Tythe

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,580 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Tinkerer
Question: are we in America or Japan?
Hello, fine peoples!

Oh hey, something notable I guess

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 494 posts

Question: are we in America or Japan?

Japanica, that is to say it doesn't matter out of universe because it (most likely) wouldn't matter in universe to the characters. I could change the city name if you'd like, it's more just a place holder anyway

Insanity.

Arkars

Arkars

• Members
  • 31 posts

here's the draft of the OOC, please mention any issues you find

Ok, few questions.

1. Given the low-level stakes and the age of the duelists, am I correct in assuming that the ceiling and plays of the deck should be appropriately simple? (e.g. summon/set one or two monsters, set a card, pass, as an excellent turn one?)

2. The six weeks of tournament are in-game right? Exactly from which day/month to which day/month would be the tournament?

3. The outcome of the duels is decided by pure rp, or something else?

4. Lastly, personal opinion, I think it would be better to increase the starting tokens from two to three.

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 494 posts

Ok, few questions.

1. Given the low-level stakes and the age of the duelists, am I correct in assuming that the ceiling and plays of the deck should be appropriately simple? (e.g. summon/set one or two monsters, set a card, pass, as an excellent turn one?)

2. The six weeks of tournament are in-game right? Exactly from which day/month to which day/month would be the tournament?

3. The outcome of the duels is decided by pure rp, or something else?

4. Lastly, personal opinion, I think it would be better to increase the starting tokens from two to three.

some of these were sort of going to be addressed once the final OOC is ready (almost done btw) but I'll answer  to the best of my ability at the moment

1 while i don't want you to hold yourself back yes, simple strategies would align with your character better, this doesn't necessarily mean simple plays though

2 the time limit is in universe and will be kept track of on a "calander" of sorts in the OOC, I will announce the start of a new week on the IC thread with a chapter title though

3 that's up to the participants unless facing an NPC, in which case, unless I tell you how i want it to go for story purposes, it'll be post by post

4 duly noted, tokens can easily be changed to three in the final version

Insanity.

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 494 posts

and the OOC is up, new features include the tournament calander and a list of NPC's you might encounter, and a list of usable custom sub-types

Insanity.

Arkars

Arkars

• Members
  • 31 posts
If everything goes smoothly I'll be posting the app in one or two days.

Arkars

Arkars

• Members
  • 31 posts

I should post the app in a few hours.

Arkars

Arkars

• Members
  • 31 posts
Ok, so here's the app.

An energetic girl

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 494 posts

Ok, so here's the app.

An energetic girl

love that despite being a seemingly fusion focused deck it's based around a synchro card simply because she likes dragons (something I'm sure a lot of younger players did at one point in one way or another), I also appreciate giving her an existing (although somewhat trivial) relationship to one of the NPC's through wanting a card he doesn't have. Accepted although I do have a couple notes, in the Rp refer to the game as Duel Monsters please, and, less a note and more a concern, I did say master rule 4 was in effect, without a link monster i'm not sure how easily she'll get much access to her ED per duel. (granted Aster has a similar issue but with only three ED monsters who don't rely on each other, one of which has a self returning effect, I'd like to think it's not as big a deal).

Insanity.

Arkars

Arkars

• Members
  • 31 posts

love that despite being a seemingly fusion focused deck it's based around a synchro card simply because she likes dragons (something I'm sure a lot of younger players did at one point in one way or another), I also appreciate giving her an existing (although somewhat trivial) relationship to one of the NPC's through wanting a card he doesn't have. Accepted although I do have a couple notes, in the Rp refer to the game as Duel Monsters please, and, less a note and more a concern, I did say master rule 4 was in effect, without a link monster i'm not sure how easily she'll get much access to her ED per duel. (granted Aster has a similar issue but with only three ED monsters who don't rely on each other, one of which has a self returning effect, I'd like to think it's not as big a deal).

Noted for duel monster, I will change the wording in the app as well.
For master rule 4, yes, it doesn't have links, however many of the extra deck monster can switch in the main monster zone which should mitigate that a bit, I hope. After all one can't exactly expect much deckbuilding rationality and skill from a ten-years old, yes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users