Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Yu-Gi-Oh: Domino Elementary [OOC/Accepting/Started]

- - - - - Yugioh OOC Accepting

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Tythe

Tythe

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,577 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Tinkerer
Will definitely have an app up this weekend.
Hello, fine peoples!

Oh hey, something notable I guess

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 493 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 11:18 PM

A note has been added under non-player characters that I initially forgot.

Insanity.

Tythe

Tythe

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,577 posts
    Last Visit
Jacob Tor

Hello, fine peoples!

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 493 posts

Jacob Tor (WIP)

Almost done.  Possibly gonna add some Misc. info and I want to make some of his custom cards and boss monsters.  May or may not finish it today.  Will make another post when finished.

obviously can't accept without seeing the finished app but, if I may make a suggestion, if "Hybrid" comes with a built in mechanic wouldn't it make more sense for it to be a sub-type, the closest comparison to this specifically is unions, they all have a built in effect to equip themselves to monsters but not all monsters that do that are unions, there could be monsters that are also treated as other types (i've made some myself) but they wouldn't have the "Hybrid" sub-type. obviously it's up to you and i'm not gonna reject your app for not doing it but (in my opinion at least) it could open up some interesting opportunities for "Hybrid" support cards

Insanity.

Tythe

Tythe

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,577 posts
    Last Visit

obviously can't accept without seeing the finished app but, if I may make a suggestion, if "Hybrid" comes with a built in mechanic wouldn't it make more sense for it to be a sub-type, the closest comparison to this specifically is unions, they all have a built in effect to equip themselves to monsters but not all monsters that do that are unions, there could be monsters that are also treated as other types (i've made some myself) but they wouldn't have the "Hybrid" sub-type. obviously it's up to you and i'm not gonna reject your app for not doing it but (in my opinion at least) it could open up some interesting opportunities for "Hybrid" support cards

The monster being all types is the "mechanic". I think it would work better as a type rather than a sub-type because:

1) it saves card text space (I wouldn't have to put "this card is always treated as every type", in the card text of every card: especially since there will be a few Normal monsters) and...
2) I'd have to put a type on the card anyway which would be redundant.

I guess I can change it to a sub-type, but if I did, there'd be no purpose in making it a type/sub-type at all.
Hello, fine peoples!

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 493 posts

The monster being all types is the "mechanic". I think it would work better as a type rather than a sub-type because:

1) it saves card text space (I wouldn't have to put "this card is always treated as every type", in the card text of every card: especially since there will be a few Normal monsters) and...
2) I'd have to put a type on the card anyway which would be redundant.

I guess I can change it to a sub-type, but if I did, there'd be no purpose in making it a type/sub-type at all.

ruing wise wouldn't you have to have it say "This card is treated as every type" though? i can't think of anything that has a mechanic that doesn't have to be included in the card text

Insanity.

Tythe

Tythe

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,577 posts
    Last Visit

It would be like this...

I think the only other thing that has an "inherent meaning" in that way are Tuners, but you could apply a similar logic to "Rituals" and every extra deck type.  Maybe the word "mechanic" in my explanation is too strong... "Classification" maybe?  Regardless, how it's formatted shouldn't be super important for the sake of the RP, right?  The above will be how I plan to write it out for my own sake, and hybrid will have the "inherent meaning" of being all types at the same time.  My character will probably explain it a million-and-a-half times in-thread anyway.

Hello, fine peoples!

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 493 posts

It would be like this...

I think the only other thing that has an "inherent meaning" in that way are Tuners, but you could apply a similar logic to "Rituals" and every extra deck type.  Maybe the word "mechanic" in my explanation is too strong... "Classification" maybe?  Regardless, how it's formatted shouldn't be super important for the sake of the RP, right?  The above will be how I plan to write it out for my own sake, and hybrid will have the "inherent meaning" of being all types at the same time.  My character will probably explain it a million-and-a-half times in-thread anyway.

as far as tuners they don't have any mechanic text because the mechanic is that synchro's all need at least 1 tuner to summon, as far as some rituals, usually "Normal" ones, and all extra deck monsters now that i'm thinking about it, i guess they do have implied effects (is that the best term for it?) in regards to how they are summoned and it is an RP so it shouldn't be a big deal, my concern was just the ruling towards it not being in the text

Insanity.

Arkars

Arkars

• Members
  • 30 posts
    Last Visit Today, 06:59 AM
Well, you can simply say at the start of the deck section that even if it's not written down, they are all implied to have in their card text either "(Hybrid monsters are always treated as also being of every other monster type)" or "(This card is always treated as also being of every other monster type)" depending on how you want them to interact with Type-changing cards like Zombie World, much like Summoned Skull is always treated as being an "archfiend" card but is still a normal monster.

Krashkube

Krashkube

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • 454 posts
    Last Visit Dec 08 2018 01:33 AM

interest noted

read at your own risk

Ciao Babe (not really)

Ciao Babe (not really)

Fuck me gently with a chainsaw

• CHAZZ IT UP
  • 742 posts
    Last Visit Today, 10:53 AM
  • Discord:XOXOnotreally#6571
  • Spouse:Dae and Darj

Oh shit, I forgot this existed

App

This is actually a retake on a character I never got to do cuz it never took off. I'm hoping this time I can use her.

Rep Card by Jay, a friend I won't forget

Thank You

Mission Accomplished

My Actual Wife

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 493 posts

Oh sheet, I forgot this existed

App

This is actually a retake on a character I never got to do cuz it never took off. I'm hoping this time I can use her.

interesting motivation, also fun to see some official cards with custom support. Accepted

Insanity.

Tythe

Tythe

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,577 posts
    Last Visit

Finished app.

Hello, fine peoples!

Ciao Babe (not really)

Ciao Babe (not really)

Fuck me gently with a chainsaw

• CHAZZ IT UP
  • 742 posts
    Last Visit Today, 10:53 AM
  • Discord:XOXOnotreally#6571
  • Spouse:Dae and Darj

Just posting to make note that I tweaked the card texts on some of my custom cards to have them work a bit more like they are intended to. Also if we come up with custom cards part way through the RP, will we be able to add them?

Rep Card by Jay, a friend I won't forget

Thank You

Mission Accomplished

My Actual Wife

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 493 posts

Just posting to make note that I tweaked the card texts on some of my custom cards to have them work a bit more like they are intended to. Also if we come up with custom cards part way through the RP, will we be able to add them?

that is actually the function of one of the NPC's, Alex Solomon, titled "The Card Seller", is intended to be a way for everyone to add new cards once I've reviewed them (assuming they're custom) and decided on whether or not I'll allow them. since it seems I didn't put that in his Misc. Info i'll have to add that when I change the cards in your app

Jacob Tor

unless I missed them or they're actual cards that I don't know about it looks like you didn't add your characters three ace monsters? Can't accept without knowing all the customs he'll start out with.

Insanity.

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 493 posts

Jacob Tor

Accepted.

while I personally would rather wait for at least one more person if everyone is ready we could start within the next couple of days

Insanity.

Arkars

Arkars

• Members
  • 30 posts
    Last Visit Today, 06:59 AM

that is actually the function of one of the NPC's, Alex Solomon, titled "The Card Seller", is intended to be a way for everyone to add new cards once I've reviewed them (assuming they're custom) and decided on whether or not I'll allow them. since it seems I didn't put that in his Misc. Info i'll have to add that when I change the cards in your app

unless I missed them or they're actual cards that I don't know about it looks like you didn't add your characters three ace monsters? Can't accept without knowing all the customs he'll start out with.

I think he added them?

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 493 posts

I think he added them?

yep, the updated app has been added

Insanity.

Tythe

Tythe

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,577 posts
    Last Visit

I think he added them?

Yeah.  I'm sorry.  I meant to post that I updated it after 0 mentioned I didn't put the bosses.

Hello, fine peoples!

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 493 posts

due to the small number of participants, for the time being at least, I will be allowing second character, however they will be judged harsher as managing two characters at once in a battle royal style tournament, while not necessarily harder, requires a certain understanding of how you want their individual stories to play out. they don't need to be connected directly (friends, siblings, ect.) but any second character has to be just as fleshed out as your first and isn't meant to be just a prop for your first to further their story with

Insanity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users