Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Yu-Gi-Oh: Domino Elementary [OOC/Accepting/Started]

- - - - - Yugioh OOC Accepting

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 494 posts
    Last Visit

Class is in session, for your first post you can either begin the project Miss Chara has given the class, socialize and observe the class (in which case I may or may not reveal other students), or question the strange note on your desk about duel monsters on the hill at recess.

https://forum.yugioh...rtedaccepting/ 

Insanity.

Tythe

Tythe

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,585 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Tinkerer

Ok, cool.  I've got an exam tomorrow morning, so I'll probably make a post around this time tomorrow.

Hello, fine peoples!

Oh hey, something notable I guess

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 494 posts
    Last Visit

a character page for Luna Ermine and Elenor Saphri have been added

Insanity.

Archtoddler

Archtoddler

• Members
  • 44 posts
    Last Visit Dec 09 2018 05:23 AM
  • Discord:Idea#5893
Is this RP still accepting?

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 494 posts
    Last Visit

it is indeed! we've only just started so there's easily room to organically integrate a new character

Insanity.

Archtoddler

Archtoddler

• Members
  • 44 posts
Alrighty! In that case two more questions:

1. Are there any posting requirements I should know about, such as time in between posts, posting orders or minimum post size?

2. It may take me two or three days to have a character ready with a deck draft is that alright?

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 494 posts
    Last Visit

Alrighty! In that case two more questions:

1. Are there any posting requirements I should know about, such as time in between posts, posting orders or minimum post size?

2. It may take me two or three days to have a character ready with a deck draft is that alright?

1.  i don't have any personal requirements, especially in this more light-hearted RP, but all the YCM RP rules apply obviously including the 100 word minimum per post

2. the amount of time it takes to make your app is nearly inconsequential, it mostly depends on how far the RP gets and, as i've said we just started, it's not likely a few days will get us to a point where adding new players is to difficult

Insanity.

Archtoddler

Archtoddler

• Members
  • 44 posts

giphy.gif

Ok, then if you'll have me, you can count me in!

Tythe

Tythe

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,585 posts
    Last Visit

I have an idea for the direction of my next post but I'm kinda waiting on @Arkars intro post.  I don't want to stagnate the RP though, so I'll probably post on Tuesday at latest even if Ark doesn't get their post in.

Hello, fine peoples!

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 494 posts
    Last Visit

Rhea seems distracted by her drawing ATM so i'm not sure how active Arkas' posts will be until something actually happens, there are other NPC's to interact with besides the four i've started with, Aster hasn't made an appearance and there are a couple I haven't even put in the OOC yet, so you could always place an NPC near you if you just need someone to play off of

Insanity.

Tythe

Tythe

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,585 posts
    Last Visit

Oh, nvm.  I didn't see Arkars had posted already!  :526090_key:

I'll probably toss my post up tonight/tomorrow then.

Hello, fine peoples!

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 494 posts
    Last Visit

@Tythe not a big deal this time but refrain from controlling NPC's without permission from now on

Insanity.

Ciao Babe (not really)

Ciao Babe (not really)

Fuck me gently with a chainsaw

• CHAZZ IT UP
  • 743 posts
    Last Visit Today, 12:03 AM
  • Discord:XOXOnotreally#6571
  • Spouse:Dae and Darj

@Tythe not a big deal this time but refrain from controlling NPC's without permission from now on

May I have the Card Trady Boi give me all cards in the game?????

Rep Card by Jay, a friend I won't forget

Thank You

Mission Accomplished

My Actual Wife

Tythe

Tythe

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,585 posts
    Last Visit

Sure thing.  But it's kinda hard to stretch him getting his deck to 100 words (especially if there was definitely going to be a confrontation).  I also thought

...if you just need someone to play off of

..was allowing a bit more freedom for that.  Sorry if I misinterpreted.  In any case, I might submit a second character to bounce things off of just so stuff like the above doesn't have to happen.

Anyways, I probably should have made this clear after my first post.  I think your characters might be misunderstanding mine a bit.  Jacob doesn't dislike Sota at all.  He privately admires his contemplative personality, but they just hung out in different circles most of the time (as long as dueling wasn't involved).  As far as the group should know, Jacob should not be any threat to ruining anything and is more/less just a "duel geek" who duels for his own satisfaction.

TL;DR. Checking up on Jacob is fine; expecting him to "side" with anyone or be a threat to shut everything down isn't.

Hello, fine peoples!

Archtoddler

Archtoddler

• Members
  • 44 posts

So, might I ask where the application should be given? Here or via PM?

Edit: Actually nevermind

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 494 posts
    Last Visit

Sure thing.  But it's kinda hard to stretch him getting his deck to 100 words (especially if there was definitely going to be a confrontation).  I also thought

..was allowing a bit more freedom for that.  Sorry if I misinterpreted.  In any case, I might submit a second character to bounce things off of just so stuff like the above doesn't have to happen.

Anyways, I probably should have made this clear after my first post.  I think your characters might be misunderstanding mine a bit.  Jacob doesn't dislike Sota at all.  He privately admires his contemplative personality, but they just hung out in different circles most of the time (as long as dueling wasn't involved).  As far as the group should know, Jacob should not be any threat to ruining anything and is more/less just a "duel geek" who duels for his own satisfaction.

TL;DR. Checking up on Jacob is fine; expecting him to "side" with anyone or be a threat to shut everything down isn't.

noted, although petty misunderstandings like that are in character for Sota and Alex, ones trying to seem like he has every possibility planned out and the other just likes excuses to be a bully, like I said controlling Alex wasn't a big deal I'd just like to be made aware first if anyone wants to do that

Insanity.

Archtoddler

Archtoddler

• Members
  • 44 posts

I'll just go ahead and post this since I don't wanna loose the progress I've done with the character so far. I do apologize for the delay, since I'm still working on the actual cards.

giphy.gif

WIP Sheet

Arkars

Arkars

• Members
  • 32 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 07:15 PM

So, might I ask where the application should be given? Here or via PM?

Edit: Actually nevermind

Yes, apps are posted in the thread as far as I know.

I have an idea for the direction of my next post but I'm kinda waiting on @Arkars intro post. I don't want to stagnate the RP though, so I'll probably post on Tuesday at latest even if Ark doesn't get their post in.

Sorry, I didn't se I had been tagged. But yes, Rhea is probably not going to get distracted until the end of the assignment.

Archtoddler

Archtoddler

• Members
  • 44 posts

@0PxPz0  So, I'm almost done with my application. I still wanna add the actual card images, fix up a little character info, and add some extra misc info , but beyond that it's all done, so if you'd like, you can start reviewing :)

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 494 posts
    Last Visit

I'll just go ahead and post this since I don't wanna loose the progress I've done with the character so far. I do apologize for the delay, since I'm still working on the actual cards.

giphy.gif

WIP Sheet

interesting character but, despite the quirkiness of her playing a deck that she may not completely understand, she seems a little bland and I can't really find any motivation for her, unless I misread something that is also you didn't put down a birthday which is used as a plot device to let characters duel whoever they want. Onto the cards, while I appreciate the time you took to make a  complete deck list it, along with a non-custom card list (unless of course you deck doesn't use any customs) aren't required for this RP, not saying get rid of it just thought it worth mentioning. one or two of the customs are just ridiculous while a lot of the rest have some minor wording problems that make it hard to understand what they're suppose to do at first glance, such as the case of "baby bottle" where, until i saw it was an equip card after reading it a couple times (which i admit is my own fault for not seeing) i couldn't figure out what monster would be gaining ATK. I'm going to list the rest of the cards I had an issue with below (The ones that absolutely need to be changed or removed or in black), hopefully i'm just missing something and the majority of cards don't have to be redone or replaced. Rejected pending response.

Beauty Magical Experiment

based on it being it's own sentance i'm guessing the ritual summon part happens regardless of whether or not you have a spellcaster? i'm no expert with the way things should be worded but i suggest making it a single sentence and changing "Then" to "after this card relolves"

Bright Future

while it doesn't effect the outcome of the card monsters don't "gain" levels in the sense you're using it, "gain" would be used in an effect where their level just becomes that of the target, for the card to work how you want it their levels would have to be "increased"

Divine New Dawn

again the wording change doesn't affect the card, it's more just to clean it up a bit

This card cannot be negated. Choose one:
*Ritual Summon one "Reborn: The Baby Dragon of Ra" from your hand or GY by tributing monsters whose levels equal 12 or above (at least 3), this summon cannot be negated. 
*Tribute 1 "REBORN: The Baby Dragon of Ra" Special Summon "The Winged Dragon of Ra" or "Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder" from your hand ignoring summoning conditions, this summon cannot be negated.
Floaty Castle
The destruction prevention effect is to strong even if it's coin flip dependent, especially in an RP where you can just decide the coin results, change it to once per turn
Pacifier
not sure what your intention was with it but saying the equipped monster can't activate effects doesn't stop passsive effects (if that's what their called) such as dream gardners ability to make monsters Lvl 3 and count as Lvl 5 for ritual summons
Play Pretend
for the second effect, do you banish it from the hand? the deck? the GY? it's a normal spell so you can't banish it from the field. and if it is from the GY can both these effects be actiavted the same turn?
Pot of Cookies
500 free lifepoint per turn seems a bit much, maybe lower it to 300 or add a cost?
Reborn: Dream Gardener
for the last effect change it to "You can Banish this card from your GY as a tribute for a Ritual Summon" the way you have it now is worded in a way that it would activate after the monster is summoned i think
Reborn: Omega Project Alpha Lion
While I won't force you to remove it and it is kinda hard to pull off i'd rather not have win condition effects in decks unless that's the focus of the deck, the former makes it an exciting race against the clock story wise while the latter just gives a character an easy out when they're in a tough spot
Reborn: Baby Dragon of Ra
anything that doubles your LP is OP, especially in a deck focused on gaining as much LP as possible, i'm also confused by the second ability, there's no rule that says you can't go higher than your starting LP in yugioh so there isn't really such thing as "surplus" LP
Sleepy Baby
what do you mean by "The entire tribute and up to five tributes"
Stroller
so does a monster effect have to change it to ATK or can it only change to ATK if another monster does first?
Protection of the Sacred Eagle
by "with a monster" do you mean against a monster you control, meaning you can't activate this card if it's a direct attack?
Ultimate Combustion
ignoring the wording, a card that randomly deals damage to players until it's negated or a player loses is unfair, if they didn't negate or destroy it the first time they probably don't have anything to stop it. if you can win the game with just one card that card is probably to strong

Insanity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users