Zerogue

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Zerogue
DARK
✪✪✪ (Level 3)
[Fiend/Tuner/Effect]
ATK/ 1500 DEF/ 0

If a monster is Special Summoned: You can send this card from your hand or side of the field to the GY; the Summoned monster's ATK becomes 0. You can only use this effect of "Zerogue" once per turn.

[spoiler=Flavor + Wordplay ]So to put it simply it is a thief that steals ATK away from Summons, hence the ATK reduction to 0.

(Zero - "ro") + (Rogue - "ro")= Portmanteau

[spoiler=Intent]To give Decks with a BA engine a hand trap searchable by Scarm. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Scarm,_Malebranche_of_the_Burning_Abyss

Maybe a bad idea, but yeah... I will condone it, nonetheless.

[spoiler=Edit Log]A few minutes after 1st post: Made it into a Tuner. I anticipated Darj would suggest me to do this. XD

After 2nd Post: It can now also send itself from the field to the GY to resolve the same effect.

To be fair, I don't think BAs in their current state really have room for something that only stat drops and doesn't prevent the SS'd monster from being used as material for something else. For other Decks, it also competes with the Ghost Girls in terms of their utility so...yeah.

But as a single, the idea is generally fine. You could also have this strip DEF too so the monster is legitimately powerless, but that may be a bit too heavy-handed. Or you could change it to a battle hand trap that works on all monsters, regardless if they've been SS'd or are Monarchs (or whatever gets NS'd). Choice is up to you.

Was not thinking in suggesting it to make it a Tuner, but doesn't hurt to make it so xD

Instead, was going to suggest a more creative typing than DARK/Fiend but in this card it needs it for Scarm support so it's fine.

Anyway, this looks crazy good to me. Level 3 is good for the aforementioned BAs, and can be used in a pinch for Breaksword in Phantom Knights as well as Invoker (OCG).

0/0 stats make it recyclable by Eruption and Recurring Nightmare, and revivable by Dru.

And the effect is deceptively good, IMO. Doesn't target, and the ATK drop is permanent, so you can just wait for the opponent to drop its biggest beater to neuter it. It gets interesting when you search it, as the opponent will know you have it and may refrain from going for, lets say, Borrelsword or other OTKing monsters and instead chip for damage with weaker monsters.

If anything, I suggest to make the effect activable from both hand and field, like Snow Rabbit. That way the monster is live when you Summon it from TGU or Needlefiber and pass. Some ATK, less or equal to 1500, would help for this purpose too, so it isn't sitting with 0/0 stats and still gets most of the support it already has.

Archived