Uploading a New Avatar

Snatch Steal

Question

Odds are, if you're reading this topic, you have attempted to upload a new avatar to the following area on your profile

FlIGcCt.png

Unfortunately, manually uploading a profile picture does not work. YCM has been bugged for a year or two now, so a relatively convoluted secondary route must be taken. 

Here are the steps to update your profile image using Imgur.

1: Create an Account 

In order to access the direct link of an Imgur post, you will need to create an account on imgur.com. Locate the link that says "create an account" at the top of the page. Fill in the prompts and create an account.

2: Upload an Image 

The simplest method to upload an image is by dragging it from your computer into the web browser while accessing Imgur. This is possible from the front page. 

7RaaVSW.png

Give the image a moment to load.

8r9hVtO.png

3: Locate the Image 

After you upload the image, find your username at the top right of the page. Click on it, then select "Images" from the drop-down.

UCa9ZED.png

Your most recently uploaded image will appear at the top-leftmost corner of your images.

SyV3vGW.png

4: Copy the direct link 

Clicking on your image will display the following GUI, in which you should find "Direct Link" and copy the link there. Pressing "Copy" may not work, so I suggest that you manually highlight the whole link.

EMKZxK7.png

5: Paste the Direct Link into your Profile

While you have copied the link, return to your profile and access your avatar settings. Paste the link into the highlighted section below.

5o2Mjia.png

Click "Import," and your Avatar should change.

gD0S6XR.png

I intend to include Gravatar, although that should be fairly simple to manage on one's own.

And yes, I did mess up my avatar just to make this post. 

Another important thing is that if you're using a gif, make sure you meet the following criteria:

1. The gif must have a square ratio (perfectly)

2. Use the link titled "Original Gif Link" instead of "Direct Link."

4j92vNj.png

1 answer to this question

Archived