Phantasmagoric Doomlord Zagan (10 Nights of Fright 2018: Card #10)

Black D'Sceptyr

That which was never alive may still thrive

And given enough strange eons, even doom may live

phantasmagoric_doomlord_zagan_by_bdscept

[spoiler=Phantasmagoric Doomlord Zagan: Info]

DARK/Fairy-Type Link Spirit Effect Monster/Link-2/0 ATK

Lore: 2 monsters (1 DARK and 1 LIGHT) whose total Levels equal 8 or more

You can also Link Summon this card by using "Doomlord Zagan" as the entire Link Material. Gains 1500 ATK for each monster it points to. Once per turn: You can target 1 Level 4 or 8 Fusion or Spirit monster in your GY; return it to the hand, then banish monsters from your GY whose total Levels equal the returned monster's Level, and if you do, Special Summon 1 monster from your hand or Extra Deck with the same name as that returned monster, ignoring its Summoning conditions. During the End Phase, if this card was Link Summoned: Return it to the Extra Deck.

Mangled eldritch horror reference aside, let's have a look at this mangled eldritch horror.

Originally, I was planning on letting this search up a higher range of Fusions/Spirits - Level 7 or lower, right about-and ran into the immediate issue of, well, this. And this.

But a Link-2 that can easily become 3000 ATK with the right source that evacuates and then Miracle-revives a Fusion or Spirit monster? That's a rather usable stealth play for the longer-term Duel, made all the more prolific once you've remembered what my ORIGINAL Doomlord Zagan does.

And it vacuums back into the Extra Deck anyways, so this poor man's Metamorphosis might well find a home in some Decks that could afford the space. And are DARK. And-oh god, I'm gonna be seeing this in endless Danger! Decks the world over aren't it. Well, at least there aren't any cheap Level 4 or lower Fusions that could get troublesome in large num-

-okay, I'll see about changing this after Halloween. Stay safe. 

And until the next card, reviews, revelry, you know the drill.

BD'S, signing off.

UPDATE 1: Changed its Summon requirements to better support the Nikitama/Aratama tandem play into this. Also, Level 8 Fusions are available for the Summoning by this guy.

I assume you cannot use a Level10 and a non-Level monster as material, right? since their Levels cannot be combined, IDK.

A link to Doomlord Zagan's thread in the opening thread would be appreciated. Had to use the searcher to look for it.

Anyway, this card is strange. It has creative effects, but if it's bound to Level4s or lower Fusion or Spirit monsters, I don't think it can do a lot but hey, at least it's a costless Summon if you banish from GY and yo get to trigger some effects. I thought the self-bounce drawback would be an issue, but you can just use it as laddering material so it barely affects it.

Just a PSCT suggestion: make the effect require the monster to go back to either the hand or Extra Deck, because if you spin an ED monster, it's not going to the hand, and thus the condition of going to the hand isn't being met, and IDK if that mechanically blocks the rest of the effect from applying.

I assume you cannot use a Level10 and a non-Level monster as material, right? since their Levels cannot be combined, IDK.

A link to Doomlord Zagan's thread in the opening thread would be appreciated. Had to use the searcher to look for it.

Anyway, this card is strange. It has creative effects, but if it's bound to Level4s or lower Fusion or Spirit monsters, I don't think it can do a lot but hey, at least it's a costless Summon if you banish from GY and yo get to trigger some effects. I thought the self-bounce drawback would be an issue, but you can just use it as laddering material so it barely affects it.

Just a PSCT suggestion: make the effect require the monster to go back to either the hand or Extra Deck, because if you spin an ED monster, it's not going to the hand, and thus the condition of going to the hand isn't being met, and IDK if that mechanically blocks the rest of the effect from applying.

The implication by ability is that it allows for a bridge between returning the monster and Summoning it-there is precedent in other cards for simply recalling a monster previously stated as shuffled or added to the hand as 'returned'. Its more a PBCT thing than anything else.

Also, I've fixed up the card to have it fit with the ability to Summon it more-Light and Dark allows for Niki-/Aratama to bring it out, and Chaos Builds will rejoice.

Archived