Kailyn Leona Kyosuke

Kailyn Leona Kyosuke

~ Scarlet Ravager ~

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts
    Last Visit Today, 04:21 AM

I think it's perfectly fine to support different styles.  I personally like making cards for all summon styles but since we have more than just myself working on them, I might just focus on Synchro.

Looks fine to me, tbh.  A bit slow and balanced by modern card standards, but we're not really trying to make meta so you gucci.

Me!

Official Queen of the Hill contest winner! 2009, 2010

Vavel_Elreigner

Vavel_Elreigner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
    Last Visit 31 minutes ago
Tried to make this one OP, tell me what you think.

708097925ec2515b1821ad506e44f2a77824bd0c

Rank 7, Dark, Voidling / Effect Type, ATK 3000, DEF 2600

3 Level 7 Voidling-Type and/or "FTK Phantom" Monsters
Once per turn, (Quick Effect): When a Spell/Trap or Monster Effect is activated: You can negate that effect, and if you do, attach that card to this card as Xyz Material. You can detach 2 Xyz Material from this card; Banish all other monsters with ATK less than or equal to this monster's ATK. You cannot Special Summon the turn you activate this effect. When this card leaves the Field; Special Summon 1
Level 7 Voidling-Type or "FTK Phantom" Monster from your GY.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, and Be Kind.

Aqua Girl

Aqua Girl

Card Grammar Notzi

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts
    Last Visit Today, 02:44 AM

DiHdouf.pngXeAoVR5.png

Got permission to post them for him.

2j44Kga.png

My theme is

Josep: Don't ever give up on me and I wont give up on you.

Kailyn Leona Kyosuke

Kailyn Leona Kyosuke

~ Scarlet Ravager ~

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Noxalum is still less broken than Number 38 Hope Harbinger Titanic Galaxy.  Looks fine to me.

Silver Glasco is missing the spell attribute, nice art find all the same, Aqua.

Me!

Vavel_Elreigner

Vavel_Elreigner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
You weren't kidding Aqua, that is a blast from the past. Hmm... I think I'll pass the next form harder then.

The Nyx Avatar

The Nyx Avatar

Shinigami

• The Four Horsemen
  • 5,716 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 11:18 PM

Tried to make this one OP, tell me what you think.

708097925ec2515b1821ad506e44f2a77824bd0c

Rank 7, Dark, Voidling / Effect Type, ATK 3000, DEF 2600

3 Level 7 Voidling-Type and/or "FTK Phantom" Monsters
Once per turn, (Quick Effect): When a Spell/Trap or Monster Effect is activated: You can negate that effect, and if you do, attach that card to this card as Xyz Material. You can detach 2 Xyz Material from this card; Banish all other monsters with ATK less than or equal to this monster's ATK. You cannot Special Summon the turn you activate this effect. When this card leaves the Field; Special Summon 1
Level 7 Voidling-Type or "FTK Phantom" Monster from your GY.

Much too overpowered. This is similar to that one card demonstrated in Custom Cards as to how not to design. You could drop down the Materials to 2 Level 7 and bring down the effect. My suggestion:

2 Level 7 Voidling or "FTK Phantom" Monsters
Once per turn, (Quick Effect): When a Spell/Trap is activated: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate that effect, and if you do, destroy it. If this card leaves the field: Special Summon 1
Level 7 Voidling or "FTK Phantom" Monster from your GY.

We've already a Main Deck monster that can negate all three. But at least that one has a cost to negate. This one was much too reminiscent of that Red Princess card.

So I gave this one another shot, I did change the focus of the effect as FTK Phantom - Vavel Elreigner already negates effects, thus the new focus of this card is to special summon. I want to play with the idea of this Archetype having multiple play styles so to do so I wont be making Ritual Support, and have my cards focus on "FTK P V E" and Xyz Summons, hope you guys don't mind.

835302917f733e9a9886026719a1c724d970a72f

Banish 1 "FTK Phnatom" monster you control. Special Summon 1 "FTK Phantom - Vavel Elreigner" from your Deck, or GY. If you control "FTK Phantom - Vavel Elreigner", except the turn this card was sent to the GY: You can banish this card and 1 "FTK Phantom" monster from your GY, then Special Summon 1 Level 7 or lower "FTK" monster from your Deck. You can only use each effect of “Soul of Darkness Unleashed” once per turn. You cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except "FTK Phantom" monsters, the turn you activate either of this card's effects.

I've a suggestion. Make the second effect say "except FTK Phantom - Vavel Elreigner".

Posted Image

Aqua Girl

Aqua Girl

Card Grammar Notzi

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Hermnnn I guess i should play my hand at an op card.... *Goes to find that pic of nameri's brother Oranis*

2j44Kga.png

My theme is

Kailyn Leona Kyosuke

Kailyn Leona Kyosuke

~ Scarlet Ravager ~

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

TBH I don't think it's unreasonable.  Yes it's banish effect is powerful, but cannot be used during the same turn a special summon is performed.  The wording is such that it could not actually use this effect until at least his next turn, since it's not a quick effect.  Most monsters will die long before then.

If I were to apply a balance factor I'd make it detach 2 to kidnap their card as material.  It's stronger than Number 101 Silent Honor Ark, and as powerful as Number 38, while being arguably weaker than Cyber Dragon Infinity.

Me!

Aqua Girl

Aqua Girl

Card Grammar Notzi

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

OdyaaPL.png

Boom

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing from play 12 monsters with different Types from either players GY's. This cards Special Summon cannot be negated. This card cannot be destroyed by Battle or Card Effect. 3 turns after this card is played you win the match.

2j44Kga.png

My theme is

Kailyn Leona Kyosuke

Kailyn Leona Kyosuke

~ Scarlet Ravager ~

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

So I just have to win in 3 turns?

Kidding.  Match enders are usually direct attacks, so refreshing to see it be a little different.

Me!

Aqua Girl

Aqua Girl

Card Grammar Notzi

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

I made a rp for guild mates, come take a gander and see what you think, its club members get first dibs.

https://forum.yugioh...get-first-dibs/

2j44Kga.png

My theme is

Uggla6

Uggla6

• Members
  • 69 posts
    Last Visit 17 minutes ago

Well it would seem that many of my fellow friends have made their way over here. I usually prefer going with Konami types for my creations, but what the heck. If Wyrms and Cyberse has taught us anything, it that Types can expand. Human, Angel, Vampire (although it maybe a little too late for this one), etc. There are many Types that are missing. Nevertheless, Nyz came up with a perfect example of a Type that should probably be a thing and so I went ahead and created another card for the new type. It's a personal card (since that's the vibe I've been gathering from others here), so I didn't really make it synergize with the archetype, but I might make some support cards to help out. Looking forward to see what everyone comes up with.

So without further adieu

Uggla6

Posted Image
A place to duel with your (or my) cards online: HERE My Cards:
Week 1 - Varachnads Week 7 - Monuments
Week 2 - Piranhacans Week 8 - Stealth Dragons
Week 3 - Noble Novas Week 9 - Venom
Week 4 - Serpess Week 10 - Alcyonosts
Week 5 - Pacific Week 11 - Link Jester
Week 6 - Olympians Week 12 - Elemental Herbs

CFVanguard - Nubatama Stride Support
More

True Kings

Posted ImagePosted Image
All Your TCG Needs

Aqua Girl

Aqua Girl

Card Grammar Notzi

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Thats insane, I love it It almost breaks some of the ftk cards lol.

2j44Kga.png

My theme is

Uggla6

Uggla6

• Members
  • 69 posts

That's disheartening that you think it breaks some of the other cards. I hadn't really got the the chance to look at any of the cards besides each of the members own personal cards. Didn't see much there. Which cards are you referring to as I would like to maybe work in some synergy. I came up with a few cards that I think my be good generic support. I'll go back and try and make comments on what other people have created too. I only have art for 1 so if one of you has art you think will fit, that be great. Or maybe I'm being too ambitious, but maybe even make art combining our main cards.

Anyway here we are:

Cards

Posted Image

More

True Kings

Posted ImagePosted Image
All Your TCG Needs

Aqua Girl

Aqua Girl

Card Grammar Notzi

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

NO i meant it in a good way! the new card is great as well! love the art on both.

2j44Kga.png

My theme is

Kailyn Leona Kyosuke

Kailyn Leona Kyosuke

~ Scarlet Ravager ~

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Shoot I didn't realize I was this behind on my card backlog.  My bad.

Either way, I'm glad to have you on board Uggla6~

I think Aqua more means that it's effects make some other currently existing cards broken because it offers them synergy or omni protection.

Which I interpret as an attempt to praise.  Apologies if that came off the wrong way though.

Me!

Uggla6

Uggla6

• Members
  • 69 posts

O thank you then. I misunderstood. Projects like these can sometimes be very hard to create balanced archetypes. Now I will take the time to make my comments on previous creations.

I do have a curiosity between FTK and FTK - Phantom Cards. Obviously the later all belong to the former, but is there any reason for the difference. Due to the prevalence maybe we could have all the member cards be FTK - Phantom and all the support cards be FTK. That way we can put better effects (and not risk OP combos) on cards designated to just the subgroup. Just a thought, I would have to change my support cards as well.

Honestly I'm not going to make too much fuss over the personal cards outside of PSCT/OCG, as those can be special to folks. And that's the fun in this little project. Working all our personal cards into a cohesive archetype.

BIG

AND HOLY CRAP I AM DONE REVIEWING. That was a long process. Hopefully I didn't offend any of you. I believe a lot of these card designs were good and/or were headed in a good direction. This was just a little nudge in what I believe is the right direction. Ultimately, it's not up to me what you guys do with your cards, but I believe these changes could help our archetype be better. Looking forward to continuing the creative process with you all.

And by all means if you have comments about my cards/my comments then please feel free to share them.

Posted Image

More

True Kings

Posted ImagePosted Image
All Your TCG Needs

Uggla6

Uggla6

• Members
  • 69 posts

Ya I guess broken was the word that I feared, I don't want to make a broken archetype. A powerful and synergized one, yes but OP or broken...nah

Posted Image

More

True Kings

Posted ImagePosted Image
All Your TCG Needs

Vavel_Elreigner

Vavel_Elreigner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

I really do enjoy all the help i get on this thread, its very fun and entertaining to see how these cards get fleshed out. I do quite enjoy the though of making an archetype deck that can be played in multiple styles too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users