Quicksand Devourer

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Quicksand Devourer
✪✪✪ (Level 3)
EARTH
[Aqua/Effect]
ATK/ 1000 DEF/ 1600

At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card battles, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, Link Summon 1 Link monster, using this card and the monsters that battled this card. Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle.

[spoiler=Concept]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quicksand

So it is simply supposed to be a creature entirely composed of quicksand that has a voracious appetite.

[spoiler=Intent]To make a monster that can remove your opponent's monsters by the means of using their stuff as Link material in an unusual way.

You already know this, but yeah, this thing needs to actually survive the Battle Phase in order to Link Summon. Granted, you could probably use Dark Door or something to limit the attacks and prevent this from running out its protection, but then you're only getting a Link 2 at best [not that it's a bad thing]. Anything higher, and you'll probably have to find some other way to pull it off without it dying.

It's a cute form of removing monsters for stuff, but in practice, might not yield more than the aforementioned Link 2 stuff.

Reminds me of Chimeratech Fortress Dragon in the fact that it takes your opponent's monsters for Extra Deck Summoning. I like it. Sure, this premise is not often used (and for good reasons why). But given how you have to attack with this guy and take damage in the process or wait for your opponent to strike, I say it balances out. Plus if you attack with it, you can then proceed to attack with your newly Summoned Link monster on an open field (well, if this is early in the duel maybe).

The card looks fine to me. Take (sometimes big) damage and remove a threat, or play it defensively at the risk of losing it through an effect before it's attacked. Also, have yet to look up rulings or precedence, but I believe the removal is not by effect so it can play around most monsters with immunities, except those that can't be used as Link material. I find amusing how you can take advantage of high-rating monsters for a bigger Link, or fall back on Summon of a Link2.

Guest BGMCANN0N

The card looks fine to me. Take (sometimes big) damage and remove a threat, or play it defensively at the risk of losing it through an effect before it's attacked. Also, have yet to look up rulings or precedence, but I believe the removal is not by effect so it can play around most monsters with immunities, except those that can't be used as Link material. I find amusing how you can take advantage of high-rating monsters for a bigger Link, or fall back on Summon of a Link2.

For you to potentially further understand its ruling, I borrowed a fragment of the Yang Zing monsters' effects: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Pulao,_Wind_of_the_Yang_Zing I believe their effect to immediately go into Synchro can be negated because the effect has to resolve without it getting negated. I could be wrong though...

The effect should be negable. I meant, if a monster unaffected by monster effects IDK if it can be used as material, since you are not performing the Link Summon by effect. But going by Monarchs Stormforth rulings, I'm guessing you wouldn't be able to.

Guest BGMCANN0N

The effect should be negable. I meant, if a monster unaffected by monster effects IDK if it can be used as material, since you are not performing the Link Summon by effect. But going by Monarchs Stormforth rulings, I'm guessing you wouldn't be able to.

Oh okay I see what you mean.

Archived