Nyx gives opinions

The Nyx Avatar

The Halloween event?

For an event based on entertainers, it didn't seem very entertaining. I will give credit where credit is due. Red Guy and and Mysterio did put in the most effort in this event. And were the only ones I genuinely liked. No one else stood out as much or interested me.

my avatar

It's cute. Even if simplistic. But sometimes there's beauty in simplicity.

Opinions on...

• AGM in general
  • This site
  • Politics (can be world or local ones for your area; may also skip this if you'd like to not talk about it publicly)

AGM: I like the club. Don't know where some of our newer members have gone.

Yugioh Card Maker: One of the better options for making cards (sorry TCGEditor; I can use this site on the go and frankly, you don't have Link Monsters). The forum gives me a place to talk to and people to talk to. There's a few users that could use improvement, but I won't dwell on that.

Politics: Disgusting. I won't skip it, but I won't go too much into detail about it. I don't like seeing politics in the Status Updates, they're not usually funny, and I typically prefer to talk about them in person rather than online.

AGM: I like the club. Don't know where some of our newer members have gone.

[spoiler=Stuff]

Kyumi is still accessing this place on phone, though circumstances in her case (yes, Kyumi is female now) means sporadic activity and because she was one of the monsters, yeah.

Eshai is doing whatever on Duel Portal's Discord and not showing up here, so can't say he's being active. Apparently he'll return for the Secret Santa thing, but him not coming on here does no favors for his standing here (and definitely not getting credited in the group arch).

Sleepy probably forgot she's in here and/or busy with other things.

IDK where Octosquid is the last few months (either lack of interest with site, coursework or something else happened).

===

Rest of the new ones past the originals who are still here at least have an excuse for being gone.

As for more opinions...

- The contrast in game design between casual and competitive players.

- Whatever memes that come up either on YCM or outside of it.

[spoiler=Stuff]

Kyumi is still accessing this place on phone, though circumstances in her case (yes, Kyumi is female now) means sporadic activity and because she was one of the monsters, yeah.

Eshai is doing whatever on Duel Portal's Discord and not showing up here, so can't say he's being active. Apparently he'll return for the Secret Santa thing, but him not coming on here does no favors for his standing here (and definitely not getting credited in the group arch).

Sleepy probably forgot she's in here and/or busy with other things.

IDK where Octosquid is the last few months (either lack of interest with site, coursework or something else happened).

===

Rest of the new ones past the originals who are still here at least have an excuse for being gone.

As for more opinions...

- The contrast in game design between casual and competitive players.

- Whatever memes that come up either on YCM or outside of it.

Casual means more freedoms and less consequences. Competitive hinders your freedoms and punishes you more. But you have to do it for that rank or prize(s).

The memes that originate on this site are not very fun (I have Steam and Doomcalibur Knight).

The current state of yugioh as opposed to its heyday

It's faster, but perhaps not the fastest format. I do miss some of the art from back then. And not having to rely on a new Extra Deck Summon just to have more than one Extra Deck monster on my field.

Casual means more freedoms and less consequences. Competitive hinders your freedoms and punishes you more. But you have to do it for that rank or prize(s).

The memes that originate on this site are not very fun (I have Steam and Doomcalibur Knight).

[spoiler=Clarification]

1. I was aiming more towards the rift between casual and competitive users (as you probably see in certain discussion topics [not necessarily on YCM, but elsewhere if you know) and your opinion on how that fares for communities in the long term.

It's alright if you wish not to answer this one or choose to do so privately (Discord, PM, etc)

I guess opinion on bilingualism (or knowing multiple languages).

[spoiler=Clarification]

1. I was aiming more towards the rift between casual and competitive users (as you probably see in certain discussion topics [not necessarily on YCM, but elsewhere if you know) and your opinion on how that fares for communities in the long term.

It's alright if you wish not to answer this one or choose to do so privately (Discord, PM, etc)

I guess opinion on bilingualism (or knowing multiple languages).

Bilingualism is useful. I don't know much to say about it. If you know more than one language, more power to you. Especially if you can speak solid in at least two of them.

legend of Zelda combined with halo and put on the PS4/PS5? all the fun mechanics of LoZ:OoT/MM while having all those cool space guns.

I'll be honest, I'm not that into Legend of Zelda as much as other people. Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask look great though. Halo was fun, so I could get behind a combination of the two.

Archived